Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a good facial wash for pimple skin!!?

Red face Need a good facial wash for pimple skin!!?

Well, I'm one of those girls that still gets pimples on her face!!! Even after her Mum told her when she was 13, "don't worry, pimples will go once you reach your 20s!" ah huh! Well, i'm now 26 and they ain't leaving me!!!!!

I drink lots of water and eat pretty well so i am just one of those people with naturally oily skin and prone to outbreaks.

As for face wash, I need to buy a good one. PH Balanced. No soaps.

What could anyone recommend? Maybe something from a chemist??

the tea tree oil foaming facial wash is really good!! its from the body shop!

Mods i just noticed that another member opened a thread similar to this one recently so you can close this thread if you wish. my apologies.

Maddysmum - thanks! I'll have a look at the body shop next time i go

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

My DH use 2 get bad pimples & blackheads on his back ... And he found a Blackmores product, can't remember what it was called but it had on the bottle something like FACIAL WASH mentioned on the front of the bottle.

My sister also got pimples still in her early 30's & she used it 2, infact I think she recommended it 2 DH.

I use 2 get it 4 him about 4yrs ago in Priceline !!

Not sure if u can still get ???

But it's brilliant & certainly works

GOOD-LUCK

I use to have very red awful skin under my chin and lots of pimples. I had issues over it...still get the occasional pimples before AF but no redness. What helped to clear the redness was clinque products. Bit pricey...but i buy the wash in the pump and the toner (and nutrogena oil free mosituriser) and use them once a day and it genrally lasts about 5 months...so i dunno maybe have them do a skin test on u at ur local myer or David jones if ur curious... nothing else worked for me as they all irrated my skin.
    The toner is impressive as u can see the dirt from ur face on the make up remover pad!!

thanks Mez - i'll check out clinique next time i'm in Myers or somewhere that sells it... i have thought about that product actually. i've heard its pricey but lasts ages aswell

Smiles - i like Blackmores products i'll check it out at priceline next time i go (love that store!!)

if you go onto the site strawberrynet.com you can buy clinque off there ands its heaps cheaper than myer!! postage is free and its to you in 3-4 days!!

I used to buy a lot of Clinique but have discovered some other brands that don't use alcohol. Apparently alcohol can make the problem worse over time by drying out the skin and making it produce even more oil.

I still get the occasional spot. If I had an ongoing problem I would probably try one of MiEssences products. I love their garnet scrub... that would probably be a good thing to try. BB has links to MiEssence via the InLiven threads. Their delivery is always very quick too.

Jenstar Guest

I've tried so many products over the past 20 years and my current favourite is Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It's cheap and you can get it at any chemist. I recently found a great site to help with acne and skin issues...check out acne.org

try PHisohex you can get it from most pharmacys i wouldnt say expensive but not reeally cheap i think it is a bit harsh for my skin but i keep it for "desperate times" and it clears my skin up nicely

I have to say that Cetaphil really is awesome. I still get shocking pimples and I'm ... gulp 34 - but mine are hormonal so there's not a lot that a cleanser can do huh! But when I was pregnant and getting pimples like no tomorrow Cetaphil combined with a benzoyl peroxide was great. Do you take the pill? That can influence your pimple production for good or bad!

Jenstar Guest

Hey nickel - I turn 34 this week. I have struggled with my skin for the past 20 years and have finally discovered something that works. I use an AHA called mandelic acid which is not really known here in Australia. It's popular in the U.S. It's derived from almonds. If you're interested, check out my skin care log on acne.org:
    Jenstars quest for clear skin - Acne.org Message Boards

jenstar - maddysmummy - thankyou so very much!! checking out your sites now!!

renstar

hey chikee how are you?

there is an amazing product here in margs (and you can get it online...i will pm u the link if you like)...totally organic skin care and it is soooooo yummy...Savi

xx blue daisy

nickel calendula (marigold petal) tea every day is really good fro both hormones and pimples it tastes good too

Like you - (I'm now 28) I still get breakouts. It was actually much worse than the odd little break out until I started a Low GI diet (cannot recommend this highly enough), now my diet has the majority of it under control I Still do only get the odd little break out and I use Sukin - it's organic and completely natural. I get it from the health food shop, it's not expensive and is lovely to use. Good luck.

I'm 36 and still getting acne. It cleared when I was pregnant and for a year after and now it is back I have been thinking about a low G.I diet too. Have tried all the lotions and potions. It's so depressing . I found Proactive good and the pill - Diane

Quote Originally Posted by MumofLewis View Post
    I'm 36 and still getting acne. It cleared when I was pregnant and for a year after and now it is back
    Me too - i have recently bought dermilogica after a session with a consultant (who is a friend)... my pores are getting better, but it is taking a while, i think that the hormones are still all over the place from being pg and also BF

I asked for a voucher for a skin care consultation and a real facial for my birthday (couldnt justify the $130 in my budget) and so i will get my face treated properly and then hopefully it will just be maintenece from there.

I do find that sometimes i forget to wash my face in the morning as i am so busy, so its hard to keep it under control.

I use to use cetaphil as a kid, i had really bad pimples from about 12 to 16 (the cruelest years) and also took medication for it - which really didnt help that much.

The bonus to oiler skin (my mum keeps telling me as she has the same problem) is that you skin doesnt age as quickly - she is in her mid 50's and she looks like she is in her 40's
    Also my sister with drier skin looks several years older than me and is 2 younger - so at least there is one positive to the pimply face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast