Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay this is going to sound silly, but when is it to old to have your nose pieced??

Default Okay this is going to sound silly, but when is it to old to have your nose pieced??

I have had my nose pieced for about 8 years and have lost my nose stud (think maybe Jett put it down the bath room sink).
    I was going to buy another one but I was thinking I would just let it close over, but I am in two minds.
    I would love to hear from anyone that has any advice?? Or maybe has one themselves...

Never. India, Pakistan and Afghanistan are full of very elderly ladies with nose piercings who look fab
    I'm thinking of re-doing mine...

I agree with Chloe!! I have my nose pierced (but then im only 21 in 2 weeks) but im planning to never take mine out!

I love mine! & I'm no spring chicken...

Slightly different, but I am seriously considering getting my labrette (under middle of bottom lip) done again next year... I will be 25.
    I had it done when I was 18-20, and I loved it, but let it close over due to having to take it out for work. I still have a small hole at the front where it used to be, but it doesn't go all the way through anymore.

I don't think any age is too old either. I'm thinking of getting a beauty spot piercing and i'm going to get my belly button done once im finished having kids. I dont think there is any age limit on any piercings.

I have my tounge pierced aswell, have since I was 15.. I might take it out soon even though I totally forget it even there!!

I don't think you are ever to old to have your nose pierced. I think they look great no matter what your age.

I had my nose done when i was 14 and my labrett (chin) done when i was 16. I took my nose out when i was 17 though as i thought that have both in might be a bit too much. I still have my labrett done though. I sometimes wonder wether there will be a time when i should take it out. But i love it so much that i don't want too!

OT a bit here but can i just ask, does having your labrett done rub againts your teeth or give you mouth ulcers?

i had my nose done at 18, and am thinking of getting it redone (im 23) im also getting my eyebrow done next week. i also have my belly button, and my tongue done. I love piercings!!

I had mine done when I was 10 and I'm 26 now (almost 27) and I still LOVE mine!

Antheia,

The only problem i've ever had with mine was that it got infected when i first got it done. Same with my nose. I was warned when i first got it done that it could cause "erosion" to the gum. I have noticed a little bit of this aswell. Other than that, no problems here!

Caro I have other places pierced aswell, lol

Antheia - I never had any problems with mine at all... there are two different types of backing you can get... a flat back, or a fishtail. I had a flat back one and it was fine...

I think theres no limit either..lol..just do what makes you feel comfortable. I have my nose done and im 33...i got my tongue pierced at 28 and no one thought that was odd.

Happy piercing!

Jo

Wow it makes me feel so much better that heaps of other mum's have piercings too.

paradise lost Guest

After they bury/cremate you - that's too old.

Piercings can look great on any age group, it's like anything, all about the way you wear it

I used to have my tongue done but i let it close. Thought it'd be kind of sexy (i was only 21!), but it wasn't, it was just a big lump of metal in my mouth. It seriously compromised my abilities for eating, drinking, talking and indeed, all the "other" things you can do with a tongue

Bx

Quote Originally Posted by Antheia View Post
    OT a bit here but can i just ask, does having your labrett done rub againts your teeth or give you mouth ulcers?
    HELL NO!

I got my nose done after I had Nikolaus as my birthing pressy (I was 25) and I got my labrett done after I had Wilhelm (I was 27) the back of the 'stud' sitting in on the inside of your mouth and you cant even tell its there. Ive never had an ulcer from it. Its probably cleaner then my nose due to the saliva that goes around it from the inside of my mouth.
    I did get my tongue done but took it out cause I stuffed up 3 teeth due to biting the dame thing.

I say - go for it! its your body, your face and if people dont like it bugger them. My mum and dad absolutely hated mine when I first got it done...(there from the old GERMAN school) and now my dad tells me he couldnt imagine me without it. He say's it makes my face look 'naked' when I have them out. I dont even notice them anymore...even when people full on stare at it.

The only problems we're having atm are that people expect me to go and get Vy's ears done cause Jed and I are both pierced. It was OUR choice to get our piercing and people are shocked when we say no we're not doing it to her, she can decide for herself when she is old enough...she may not want them so why should we do it to her. Its her temple not ours to destroy.

Good luck matie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast