Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Chatter #19

Thanks BG , thats a great price. If I can manage to get into the city soon I will go have a look at Big W.

Hi, I am new to this thread, just wanted to tell you about my tagine. It's a Moroccan slow cooker and is fantastic. I got it for xmas last year. I got the Emile Henry one and it can go in the oven or on the stove top. You can cook anything in it and while it isn't as deep as a traditional slow cooker the flavour is better I think. You can do roasts etc but it has also made me experiment more with different flavours and moroccan cooking. DH loves it and offers to make heaps in it, an added bonus!

Thanks, briggsy's girl.
    I'm so going to give it a whirl this weekend.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

I made Pumpkin Soup for the first time ever.. I used my slow cooker (breville), I got the receipe off BB - Christy's Pumpkin Soup.

It was the best .. my DH was so impressed as was I.

Next one will be Pea & Ham, I love that.

it's so easy isnt it? i do a vegie soup with a pumpkin base - and it's delish!

I have just ordered a 'slow cooker' cookbook today that is on special.
    It has recipes for using the cooker to make terrines etc
    Ohhh yum - looking forward to getting a cooker and it trying out !

WOoHOoo!

I just brought me a Kambrook 6lt cooker today - only $48 from the Good Guys.

There was the Russell Hobbs one I have been wanting reduced too, but I figured $48 for a Kambrook was pretty darn good bargain.

Im looking forward to trying out some recipes.

Hi ladies. I got a slow cooker for Christmas (you know you really are a grown up when this is the sort of present you get excited about!!) and I'm a bit disappointed. I've cooked two chicken dishes in it and they were both a little tough - I thought it was supposed to give me melt in the mouth tender meat???

Am I doing something wrong, or have I just picked two recipes that were duds?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I got a 5 litre slow cooker for christmas!!!1

Used it tonight ond OMG chicken had fallen of bone before serving yummo!!!!!!!!!

Just used the packet mix mediteranian chicken!!

cant wait to try more!!!!!!!!!

Lulu- did u use Chicken breast??
    I find breast doesn't take long to cook at all, not really slow cooking, lol.

lulu - if you're using breast fillets (it's all we use) - try cutting it up and freezing it first - put it in frozen - makes for MUCH better meal - and it doesn't need as loong to cook as cuts of beef/lamb or chook on the bone

I was going to use our cooker tonight for 2nd time. I was thinking of using sliced chick breast, but its still in freezer - so you think I should still make it? I guess I can put it in frozen (thought it had to be defrosted first - thats what the instruction book said) and cook for lesser time, but do I still cook on low or put it on high? I was going to put pumpkin, mango in with it to make some sort of mild curry...

put it on now on low hun - we usually cook things for about 6-8 hours on low if using frozen chooken fillets

a number of friends at work cook while working (they live nearby) - and they have all said to put chook breat fillets in frozen as they don't dry out. from my own experience (i use it regularly both fresh and frozen) frozen has a much better texture when it's cooked. i put 3kg of frozen chook in spag bol sauce the other day and cooked it over night - was perfect - cooked from 10pm til 8am (wouldn't need that long for less meat obviously!)

Thanks BG and SJ. It was breast fillets so I'll definitely try using frozen meat and reduce the time. It smelled so great so it was such a disappointment.

Hello lovely ladies.

Can someone tell me the best way to do corned beef in the SC?? How much liquid should I have in there?

Hey - just making something yummy (yes in this heat ) but it needs thickened.
    My SC book says to thicken add a butter flour ix and stir at the end of cooking, but when we try this it makes all the food go mushy.

What can we do (for tonight and or future meals) to make a thicker sauce/gravy rather than the water stuff that is usually there at the end of cooking?

I would say corn flour. Good on you for using the slow cooker, probably generates less heat than slaving over the oven and stove, must dust mine off!

yup, i would use cornflour but we out of it.

Definatly good with new baby to chuck stuff in the cooker earlier in the day whenever i get a chance. that way we get something decent to eat rather than oven chips late in the day....
    eewww - i have just got vomit running down my clevage

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast