Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Chatter #15

Default Slow Cooker Chatter #15

Feel free to talk slow cookers & post recipes, they will be added to the Slow Cooker Recipe thread which you can find HERE

For more slow cooker recipe inspirations, check out the Just Slow Cooking website.

HERE is where we left off

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... I know

I can't see Dach's or Keen's or Tulip's posts either!
    I can see their name, join date and all of that but not their posts. What the?

Weird Deb, must have some bug happening there.

Just as long as you can see mine. I'm very important you know

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... yep.. that's the important thing!
    I've posted in the forum help. Hopefully it's just a glitch.
    I'll have to wait in suspense to read Cailin's yummy recipe!!

Deb, I can help you out with that

OMG! I made the best greek lamb EVER!

One easy carve lamb roast.

In a bowl mix dried oregano, rosemary, parsley, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt (to your tasting but enough of a mix to coat the whole lamb) mix the herbs with olive oil to make an oily herby paste (it made up about 1/8th cup of mix). Then coat lamb all over. Put in SC on foil balls and cook as you would normally. We put ours in for 3 hrs on high and 3 on low.

Then I made a traditional greek salad with tomato, lettuce, kalamata olives, purple onion, cucumber and fetta. I added the meat (all chopped up) and mixed it all together. I would have added some greek dressing but we didn't have any and it still tasted FANTASTIC.

So SC's can DEFINITELY be used to make summer goodies. This lamb tasted as good as a nice gyros.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

OOo thanks, Trish!!

OMG... that sounds so YUM Cailin... I love Greek food.

See I am useful

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Mmmmmmm I agree that Lamb sounds delish.

I did my whole chook on Saturday and OMG was it delicious. Stuffed it with a lemon which I cut in half, and basted it with sweet chilli sauce and chicken spices and garlic. Put it on an upside down saucer and put it on high for about an hour and a half and then added veggies and turned it down to low for about 5 hours. It fell apart, the "gravy" tasted of the lemon slightly and the chicken had absorbed the lemon taste and was very good. We still have leftover veggies which will go down a treat this evening for supper. DH very happy I have the SC. Planning to try spag bog this week.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh yum, Kim! Glad it turned out so well. There's just so much you can do with a whole chook yet it's so simple!

I've got a beef curry on the books for some stage this week (another new recipe for me to post if it turns out ok). We're having friends over for dinner tomorrow night but I don't think she likes curry... so I may have to save it for Thursday.

I made my potato, leek & bacon soup last night... yum! I had a big day with appts at the hospital & work and realised I wasn't going to be making dinner anytime in there so luckily I remembered at lunch time & chucked it all in.... I love having a SC!!!

Kim I love the idea of stuffing the chook with a lemon.... I use a honey mustard maranade sometimes so the lemon would go really nicely with that...mmmm.

Cailin's lamb sounds beautiful!!! I do a lamb salad but I use the BBQ for the lamb generally... good to know it would be sooo tender in the SC!!

Ooo, potato, leek and bacon soup, now that sound Yum.
    Making spag bog on wednesday, it's good for when you don't have time to cook and you have to have something to eat before going to meetings. I'm trying your recipe Cailin. Quite excited really. Just one question though, here in sunny shouth africa we don't have big red tomato soup, could I use the cream of tomato soup instead?

Kimi, that would be fine. It's effectively the same thing, condensed tomato soup.

I have a massaman curry slowly cooking away at the moment. I have had a craving for it for about two weeks now. I only had topside in the freezer which I haven't done in the slowcooker before. Do you think it will work ok? It didn't look like it had much fat in it which I thought you needed when cooking for a long time? I have done lots of chicken recipes before a bit new to the beef ones in the SC.
    Thanks

I have used lean beef in the SC and as long as there is heaps of sauce, like in a curry it usually turns out fine. In a roast it comes out dry if there isn't much fat on it.

I have updated the recipe thread again.

I have snausage casserole on again today! *LOL* Even Maddy loves it...

'lo.... i found a great website for slow cookers, it has everything even desserts. You just have to adjust some quantities to metric .... good stuff
    I have also done a massaman beef this week with lean beef ... it fell apart but tasted yumo!
    anne
    Last edited by Trillian; December 3rd, 2006 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removing Link

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast