thread: Slow cooker recipe book

Add Beautitude on Facebook

Feb 2008
    Adelaide SA

Slow cooker recipe book

Hi

DH and I have invested in a slow cooker and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good slow cooker cook book? The one we got with the slow cooker doesn't have alot in it and im looking for a few different ideas for using it.

Also has anyone roasted a chicken in the slow cooker?? How did it turn out.

TIA!

Jan 2007

Hello!

I'll be interested to hear the responses on this one, as I could do with a recipe book too.

I roasted a chicken in my slow cooker the other day, and it turned out great (and I'm not exactly chef of the year). I just put the chicken in on top of an upturned saucer. drizzled it with a bit of olive oil, seasoning and some rosemary, and then cooked on low for 9 hours. It ended up really tender and I was very impressed with myself!

Jan 2004

Isabel, Have you checked out the https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...tter-19-a.html?

Nic

Jul 2006
    In The Land Of Wonderful...

Nic, I was going to post the same thing

I've bought a few cheapy ones & taken a recipe or two - but mostly, I just google slow cooker recipes - or look in the thread Nic posted
    (I've now just started making up my own as well.. I've learnt its fairly fool proof - everything you cook in it comes out pretty good )

I've made heaps of meals from the BB thread - and they've all been amazing

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

there is a website called (i think) justslowcooking (with the dot com) on the end - heaps of recipes. it takes a while to trawl through it, but most of what we've experimented with has come from there.

we also just guess sometimes - like "well, if we use this and that and throw it in the pot, it should come out like this" and it's worked each time!

Add Beautitude on Facebook

Feb 2008
    Adelaide SA

Thanks for the responses guys.

BG thanks for the website. Ill have to have a look at what you can do with it.

Nic I did find that thread and the recipe thread too after I posted. Had a quick look through and will get DH to have a look at what he wants to make. There are some really yummy options there!

First Kid, thanks for the tips on the chicken, I am def not cook of the year either, I tend to burn things which is why I was keen on the slow cooker as apparently you cant burn things that easily!