Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is the best Slow Cooker to buy?

My Mum has had a mixer for more than 30 years and it is still going strong - don't know if they are made quite like that anymore. Ohh and the colours - would it be Ok if I got a couple of each so that I could match them to my mood LOL

Yes, choosing the right colour is the hardest bit hey? LOL I wish the KA slow cooker range was a bit more Retro like the mixer etc. My kitchen will be in 1950's pastel colours so unfortunately the current KA slow cooker colour range won't suit LOL It'll have to be stored in the cupboard. Oh and my refrigerator will be a pastel coloured Smeg... goes nicely with the KitchenAid too. I think I am delusional LOL
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 28th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

I decided I want a slow cooker, and asked DH to get me prices on Sunbeam & Breville (his work has an electrical goods store) and he brought home a 6.5l Tempo one - has anyone heard of this brand? I think I'd be better off getting a brand name one, after reading the Choice reviews where the cheaper ones weren't rated well. WDYT?

I need advise too.

I am thinking of getting the Russell Hobbs 6lt s/c.
    There are 2 actually that I can get from flybuys in NZ - but that would require waiting for us to go back for a holiday to pick it up - (are they real heavy? maybe this is not a good option for taking on a plane???

Anyway I have read a review of the Rusell hobbs SC600 which says it real good. I have read peoples comments on here too and it seems good. Its oval shape and has 3 settings - high, low and auto. What does auto mean/do?
    Its stainless steel i think.
    The other russell hobbs one is 6lt and oval with same settings,and its black. I think it might be ceramic?? its the 'abbey lane' range.

Another one that i have read good reviews on is Kambrook KSC100.
    Its another 6lt oval - possibly ceramic - not sure...?

Does anyone recognise these as theirs?
    What sort of price are they?
    Also, like the idea of the ceramics, but read Bathshebas comments a page or 2 back about stainless being better option for health reason...any thoughts on that????

And where is the right place to go to get or have a look at the brands I have mentioned? (im new to oz - dont know who sell what yet )

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dachlostar View Post
    They make some now with 2 pots in one cooker - sounds good to me but I can't justify a new SC when I have a wonderful one already.
    I have a Russell Hobbs divided sc. I have only taken advantage of the division once to do the main in the larger part and a dessert in the smaller side. Then again I don't really use it as often as I should. The division does get in the way of putting in a large piece of meat (chicken, leg of lamb etc), so it does restrict in the way. I think it would be good for a dish where it would be good to have some without a certain ingredient. I don't like a lot of onion, but DH does, so I could always put onion in one side of the dish.

Bit unhappy though, after we bought it Russell Hobbs brought out the Reflections range. We bought the toaster and the kettle, then I found they have a slow cooker in that range

Twohanz Guest

Red face Tempo Slow Cookers

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Love View Post
    I decided I want a slow cooker, and asked DH to get me prices on Sunbeam & Breville (his work has an electrical goods store) and he brought home a 6.5l Tempo one - has anyone heard of this brand? I think I'd be better off getting a brand name one, after reading the Choice reviews where the cheaper ones weren't rated well. WDYT?
    Tempo Slow Cookers are branded for a number of different retailers. Mine which I purchased from ALDI is called a MEZO.
    I've had it for almost 3 years and it's great.
    These days I don't think a "KNOWN BRAND" means much, they all come out of a small number of factories with different names on them.
    The nice big oval shape of these new slow cookers makes it great for Roasts such as a leg of lamb, the vegies aren't cxrispy, but they are delicious.
    Cheers Dee Dee

Interested in some help! I have no clue where to start with looking at slow cookers so very open to some advice.
    Size/shape?
    Stainless steel/ceramic?
    Browning option or not?
    Timer/Heat options?
    Brand/price point of importance?
    Hoping you SC experts can help!

TIA

Anyone???

I just got a Breville one... It's got an auto timer so when it's finished it will switch to keep warm fir up to 6 hours. It's ceramic on the inside (removable crock pot) and stainless outside. Digital display.
    Exactly what I was looking for, can't remember exactly how much but around $140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great function, Sammiejane, wish mine would switch to warm.

Mine's a Kambrook. Works well, haven't had a hiccup with it. Paid around $60 I think.

Thanks for the help ladies!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234