thread: Anyone have a brilliant Tried & True Rolled Sugar Cookie Cutter/Cut-out Recipe?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    May 2009
    SEQLD
    2,308

    I use the martha stewart one, it's on her website.

    You could add some lemon or orange rest for a bit of a "lift"

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jun 2008
    Brisbane, QLD
    484

    Thanks so much girls!

    I will def try your recipe tomorrow Starry, along with my substituted one! I found another one this afternoon on an American Cookie website that has brown sugar in it so might try that one too! DH will be a happy little cookie himself tomorrow night haha!

    Thanks to you as well Toomany! I am not too fond of zesty flavours but DH is so I will def put some into one of the batches tomorrow

    Thanks so much ladies! Fingers crossed!!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Nov 2009
    In Paradise
    2,022

    I have a thread that I posted after I made Awesome sugar cookies only two weeks .... I'll copy it for you...

    Recipe for my Awesome cookies !!!!!,

    1 cup butter, left out to soften
    5 cups of flour, plain
    1 tsp bicarbonate soda
    1 1/2 cups of sugar
    1 tbsp vanilla imitation ' flavoring'
    1 tsp salt
    2 eggs

    In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).

    preheat oven to 180 degrees , and roll out dough to approximate 1- 1.5cm thick, cut with cookie cutters
    lay on baking paper 2cm apart
    Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden

    Let cool

    make icing with icing sugar and two egg whites...... Add preferred colouring, or cocoa, and dip top of biscuit into bowl, lay biscuits to dry, or place in fridge to set,

    store in an air tight container....... YUMMY

    They were soo good I'm going to make more tomorrow I think...and they looked sooo good too....

    enjoy !!!!

  4. #4
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2008
    3,132

    Make sure you come back and tell us how you go Alicia. I would loooove a great recipe too but I am too lazy to experiment myself (I'm also diabetic so very limited in my tasting abilities but I want to be able to make them for my kids).

    I was going to say the best and most moist cookies I have made were using half brown sugar & half white sugar but that recipe was for choc chip cookies too.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

    Aug 2007
    adelaide
    1,989

    ooh, another thing I have done is melt up a block of white chocolate and mix it into the creamed ingredients before adding the flour, yummo.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jun 2008
    Brisbane, QLD
    484

    Ok I currently have 2 batches chilling my fridge!

    Number 1 is Mum2Romone's recipe - Is it supposed to be qute crumbly before chilling hun? I made a half batch... Oh and assumed you meant baking powder not bicarb?? Hope so anyway as I went with the baking powder haha!

    Number 2 is a Brown Sugar Cookie recipe I found...

    The recipe is as follows:

    2 cups sifted flour, less if possible
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon cream
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
    granulated sugar, for decorating

    (1). Blend 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt.

    (2). Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and cream.

    (3). Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then add enough of the remaining 1 cup flour to make the dough stiff enough to roll.

    (4). Wrap in plastic wrap and chill several hours.

    (5). Preheat oven to 375 F. Place on a lightly floured cutting board and roll to 1/8" thickness. Use floured cookie cutters to cut into shapes. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 8 minutes.


    Soooo, hopefully they work out as I have to make the BIG batch and decorate them all tomorrow! Will pull them out of the fridge tonight, bake a few and let you know how I go!!

    Thanks so much girls! If I had more time, I'd try sooo many more recipes! x

  7. #7
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2008
    3,132

    ooh, another thing I have done is melt up a block of white chocolate and mix it into the creamed ingredients before adding the flour, yummo.
    Yum!!! Not nice to torture a diabetic person with such yummy sounding things I should stop reading this thread. I am drooling!!!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

    Aug 2007
    adelaide
    1,989

    How did they go AMH? I am playing around with my ginger bread recipe at the moment, adding things etc, seems ok...! LOL