Thread: Help! No springform tin for cheesecake

Default Help! No springform tin for cheesecake

Girls... need some advice.

I have guests for dinner tomorrow night and want to make a cheesecake tonight for it. But I don't have a spring form tin... Is there any other way I can make it in a normal round cake tin and still remove it easily? Would lining with baking paper then cling wrap work? Do you think it would lift out easily? Any other ideas? Or should I abandon all hope of cheesecake bliss?

I know that when I have made a cheesecake (mind you, I wasn't very good at it!) that I needed a springform tin as that seems to do the job. I guess it depends on how good you are at making cheesecakes??? If you are experienced at it, then try it with a normal baking tin and use lots of baking paper and spray oil too!!! Good luck!
    I hope it's a baked cheesecake with lots of caramel and chocolate sauce on top - yumm!!!!

if its not baked one just make it in a pie dish or quiche dish andserve in the dish,

If its not baked you can put two long ribbon like pieces of go between (I wouldn't use glad bake as it can tear) then leaver it out after its set and it *should* stay together so long as the base isn't crumbly. Otherwise Make the cheesecake in individual dishes, like ramikins or glasses or mugs (often it looks more funky this way)

ETA: If it is baked you could probably make them in foil and it should lift out easily.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thank you gorgeous girls. I'll let you know how it goes

Ditto all of the above, they just beat me to it!