thread: I want PIE!

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Talking I want PIE!

Ok gimme your best pie recipes....

I'm talking Apple pie, Cherry pie, Apricot pie, Pear and Chocolate pie, Strawberry and Rhubarb pie, Raspberry and Apple pie any type of fantastic pie that you have tried and LOVE! I'm even thinking I need to make my a lemon meringue pie, and a pumpkin pie. I have a hankering for PIE! But most of all BLUEBERRY PIE

(also probably because my house is tidy for once so I need to bake heh!)

Mar 2007
    Paradise

I will have to try and find my lemon meringue pie recipe for you hun. not sure where it is but my memory might be working well enough as is

Shortcrust pastry base

1 tin sweetened condensed milk
    3 Eggs - separated
    Lemon juice (cant remember how much, try doing it to taste)
    castor sugar

Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice. Pour into shortcrust pastry base. Blend egg whites and gradually add sugar until stiff peaks form. Put this over lemon mix and bake at 150 degs (i think) until the peaks have golden tips.

I think that is pretty darn close to the recipe I was given by a pro. It should work.

Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

Aug 2007
    adelaide

okay, peanut butter pie!

1 pkt choc biscuits crushed (for base)
    60grms butter melted
    1 tbsp milk
    250g cream cheese softened
    3/4 cup icing sugar
    3/4 cup peanut butter (i like the crunchy!)
    3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
    30g dark choc

(you could use reduced fat or light ingredients)

crush biscuits , add milk and butter,press base into chosen pan, chill for 30 mins
    meanwhile place cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in elect mix, beat until combined, gradually add condensed milk.
    spread mixture onto crust cover loosely with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 3 hrs or overnight.
    melt choc and drizzle over top
    this is so yummy, has always been a hit .my mum thinks it tastes like a big reeses piece!!
    Last edited by STARRYSKY; April 28th, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

mmmm blueberry pie.
    I've got no recipe for you but I read today that a diet that is rich in blueberries reduces muffin tops and hence heart disease.
    Go the blueberry!!!

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Peanut Butter Pie YUMMO!!!!!

The Lemon Meringue Pie I make I actually make the Lemon Curd from scratch its ubber yummo. I'll find my recipe and post...

I am desperate for Blueberry Pie now...

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Peanut butter pie???? How did I not know about this?!

Jul 2007
    melb

lemon meringue pie yum yum

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

Blueberry Pie- Freeform...

Pastry
    1 1/2 cps plain flour
    100gm butter, cubed
    2tsp orange zest
    1 Tbs caster sugar
    2 Tbs cold water

Sift flour, rub in butter. Stir in zest and sugar. Add water, mix with knife.Press together into a ball, make a flatish "disc"

Filling
    1/3 cup crushed amaretti bikkies
    1/2 cup plain flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/3 cup caster sugar
    3 1/4 cup blueberries.
    2 Tbs blueberry jam

Oven on 200c.
    Mix bikkies,flour,cinnamon 1 1/2 Tbs of sugar. Roll out dough to a circle, sprinkle with mixture, and put on blueberries. Bring up the edges to make a "freeform" crust/edge. Brush with milk and sprinkle with left over sugar. Bake 30 min. Warm jam and brush over pie.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007

Lime Pie

Blind bake some bought sweet shortcrust pastry.

4 egg yolks
    tin condensed milk
    1/2 cup lime juice
    1tsp lime zest
    lime slices to garnish

beat egg yolks, condensed milk, lime jiuce and zest. pour into pie crust. bake 25 min on 180 c. cool for 2 hours. add lime slices on top.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Ok its decided I'm making blueberry pie tomorrow night. I found a good recipe in my Martha Baking Handbook. I'll cheat though and use a bought short crust base and cut out stars of short crust pastry and layer them. I like your filling though PB I like the idea of using amaretti biscuits instead of corn flour. Are these tried and true recipes?

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007

Yep!!! I have an old awesome cook book. I love making dessert more than cooking dinner!! Doing a citrus tart tonight.....

eta.. the lime was originally hand made pastry, but the bought is good, and easy, too. Dont use bought on the blueberry, just not the same....
    Last edited by Pretty Butterfly; April 28th, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

I've got a recipe for Pate Brisee Pastry so I'll use that

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Because I'm lazy I googled this recipe instead of typing it myself. It's absolutely delish and the pecans and oats make it feel like it's healthy

I make it with thinly sliced pink lady (or similar) apples and a punnet of blueberries

Blueberry Pecan Crumble

If you don’t have enough blueberries, toss in any other fruit like chopped apple, plums, peaches, bananas or pears.

* 100 g (4 oz) pecan pieces 100 g (4 oz) plain flour
    * 120 g old-fashioned/rolled oats
    * 100 g packed dark brown sugar
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * A pinch of salt
    * 8 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
    * 400 g blueberries
    * 1/2 lemon, juiced
    * 1 tablespoon sugar
    * 2 tablespoons plain flour

Preheat oven to 180?C, 350?F, gas mark 4. In a large bowl combine pecans, most of the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and butter, and rub until combined and mixture resembles bread crumbs. Place the blueberries in a baking dish and squeeze the lemon juice over. Sprinkle with sugar, cinammon and the remaining flour, and toss to coat. Scatter the topping over the berries and bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes.

ETA - it's not quite a pie but it's too yummy to be left out while we're talking hot fruity deserts. I love it with a nice rich custard.

Mar 2006
    soon to be somewhere exotic

if anybody has a recipe for a pineapple pie I'll be eternally happy

Jan 2008

Ok this is the BEST pie recipe in the world, I got in from a old friend in Canada..

(its not made from Turtles)

TURTLE CARAMEL PIE

Ing
    1 cup pecans
    1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
    1 cup sweetened condensed milk
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup butter
    1/4 cup corn syrup
    2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 egg yolk
    3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk

Directions
    Place pecans into bottom of pie shell.
    To Make Filling: In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Stir and bring to a boil; stir continuously for at least 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then slowly beat with a spoon until mixture starts to thicken; will take about 2 minutes. Be sure not to over beat or it will harden too much. Pour mixture into pie shell; cover and refrigerate for about an hour. Filling ingredients may be halved to make for a less rich pie.

To Make Topping: In a medium saucepan, cook chocolate and butter over low heat until melted together. Stir in condensed milk; mix well. Remove from heat; allow to cool just enough so that yolk won't cook when added, but not so cool that the chocolate hardens; cooling time will be about 3 minutes. Stir in egg yolk to chocolate mixture; spread over cooled filling. Place pie back in refrigerator and cool for another hour.

Jan 2008

AngelPunks this is for you

SUPER SUPER EASY!

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
    3/4 cup white sugar
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 tablespoons milk
    1 tablespoon white sugar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
    In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple with juice, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, then allow to boil 1 minute.
    Cool slightly and pour mixture into pastry-lined pie pan. Cover with top crust and seal. Make a few steam vents in crust, then brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes. Serve chilled or at room temperature.