Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muffin Recipes - Fave BB Muffin Recipes!

Thank you so much Michelle. My kids are obsessed with cheese. I'll check out that thread Angel.

Mine's pretty simple actually...

1 cup self raising flour
    1/2 cup milk
    1 egg
    1/2 cup grated cheese
    1 carrot grated
    1 zucchini grated
    1 tomato chopped
    1/4 cup frozen corn

Mix everything into a bowl. If its too thick, I add a splash more of milk until its a thick but runny consistency. I put into muffin tins & bake on 180 until the top is changed to a brownish colour (usually around 20 minutes at most).

*I always change what I add in. Sometimes I don't have all the veges or have others & I just add as much variety as I can get in. I try & get a green vege in everytime, so if there is no zucchini I add frozen spinach. I also add ham if its around...

ETA... you can always put a chunk of cheese in the middle easy peasy by pushing it in, I sometimes cut my cheese into tiny blocks rather than grating it through.

i have a simple one too that you can add other stuff like bacon or other vegies

a can of creamed corn (then use the empty can to measure the following)
    a can of self raising flour
    a can of grated cheese

cook until golden brown - very simple & yummy

These muffin recipes sound great. I want to try them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your recipes.

I saw this one online today, and tried it out out (as I still have to get to the shops for the ingredients for all of your great muffins).

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

Ingredients:
    2 cups flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 eggs
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 chopped peeled apple

In large bowl combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased muffin cups almost full.

For a streusel topping combine 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoon flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon over each muffin. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Make 12 muffins.

I didn't make the topping. My baby and my super fussy 3 year old ate a lot of them today, so they give them the thumbs up. I highly recommend the muffin trays with the mini size muffin cups. They are a great size for the little ones, and when they eat them, they hardly make a mess at all.

You can get canned pumpkin? And what the heck is pumpkin pie spice LOL??

LOL Angel!! In America pumpkin in a can is the norm!! I make pumpkin pie all the time & my recipe's call for canned pumpkin & pumpkin pie spice. I just use the same quantity of mashed pumpkin so maybe 1 1/4cup of cooked mashed pumpkin instead of a can, and pumpkin pie spice is generally allspice, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg and ginger. HTH! So if the recipe calls for 3 tsp I use 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg & 1/2 tsp ground ginger.

This recipe sounds like a sweet muffin one that we used to make in the US.

Ahh... interesting. Canned pumpkin just sounds weird LOL. Thanks Christy! Might have to give that muffin recipe a go sometime.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that instead of canned pumpkin, I used some that I had cooked in the microwave and fork mashed. One cup. I didn't know what pumpkin pie spice was, so I didn't use anything. Thanks for your help Christy. I'll have to get some allspice.

Thats what I do for pumpkin pie, microwave the pumpkin & mash it with a potato masher

Sarah i made your cheese muffins today and they are so yummy.

Yay Michelle They are great aren't they!

Well I have decided that Zander & I are going to have a cooking day tomorrow & we're going to make lots of yummy muffins. We might even save a few for daddy to take to work!

I bought some creamed corn today for making Melissa's super easy corn and cheese muffin recipe. Three ingredients and all measured with the corn tin. How easy is that? I can't wait to make them tonight after tea.

Update: OMG I just made them. They are the most delicious muffins ever! I'll definitely be making them next time mother's group is at my place, yummo!

sana glad you liked them

Well I just finished making -
    * Creamed Corn & Cheese muffins - Zander & I are in love with these, too easy & sooo delicious.
    * Pumpkin muffins - neither of us eat cooked apple so I left that part out & didn't do the topping but they are super fantastic, I think Aaron would even like them & he's not a pumpkin fan.
    * Carrot & Zucchini muffins - these ones are in the toddler food thread and they taste great, you wouldn't believe they are good for you LOL!
    * Sultana muffins - I had packets of sultanas & dried peach that I used instead of plain sultanas & they taste really nice

Sarah that sounds brilliant. I'll have to try those carrot and zucchini ones. I'm a bit scared of zucchini, but I'm sure you can't taste it in the muffins.

The best thing is that you can freeze them, and then grab some as snacks when you go out with the kids (much healthier than processed snacks from the shops). I'm going to buy some of those snap lock bags on the weekend, so I can write on them what type of muffins are inside, and they are easy to open and close.

You can't taste the zuchinni Sana, but you can always just put more carrot or put in some other vegetable - maybe spinach would work??

Thanks Sarah. I'll have to give that a try. I checked out your store BTW. I just love the baby body suit with iPood on it! I think my kids would be too big for it though. Good luck with your store. It looks great.

Sana if there's anything on there that you like we can order them in in bigger sizes, so if you liked the iPood you can get it in any size up to 6. It just means theres a wait of a few weeks before it gets to us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast