Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pancakes!!

Rachel, my DH likes to cook em all up on his bbq!! *sigh* It's a man thing, I've found him to be a most ardent pancake cooker since he started doing it this way.

We had blueberry pancakes with fresh bananas and lashings of maple syrup today - YUM!

Oh you girls are the best! My Dh is away tonight, so guess what I'm now having for dinner......pancakes! I think I might have them with caramelised banana, yum, and ice cream. What a healthy meal!

It's funny you know, I've been on the lookout for a new recipe as I haven't been very happy with mine. I can't decide between using Christy's or Cai's! I might have to halve Christy's though, it sounds like it makes alot LOL! I would love to say that I have a great pg appetite, but it's so much less than before I was pg

hmmmmmm, this makes the dessert of icecream and strawberries i just had seem soooooo boring. dh does all the cooking when it comes to dessert - ight have to have pancakes tomorrow night - definitely sounds very very appealling

Thank you Christy! I have made your pancakes twice and they are fabbo! So nice and fluffy, and dead easy. DH thought they were yummy too. Haven't made yours yet Cai, but I will get around to it.....there's only so many pancakes a girl can eat LOL!

oh great!! I'm glad you liked them... hey girls, Pancake Tuesday is coming soon in March! YAY!

I just went & got some Buckwheat pancake mix for our new diet that we are on for Jovie.... will see how we go.

Mine is simple and makes the big fat american pancakes..mmmm:

Make night before and leave mix in fridge if you can:

2cups SF Flour
    2Cups Milk
    2 Eggs
    1Tablespoon baking power
    Sugar if you wish ..I normally add a few tablespoons.

I try and make them every couple of Sundays and they are a big favourite at our place ..mmm

My mum's recipe, she uses soda water! Im not kidding, they come out like big thin crepes....

1 cup milk
    1 cup soda water
    flour - enough to make a smooth batter.
    pinch salt.

You can also 'fill' them. Mum does something with ricotta cheese and thickened cream. Not quite sure of the exact filling recipe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12