Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pancakes, Pikelets and Scones

I seem to have opened a little can of worms!

I never knew there could be so many possible reasons for letting a batter rest.

thanks for the recipe! I am glad you enjoyed your waffles! I will have to buy a waffle maker now! All i can think of is waffles mmmmmm
    x

the real reason is........

to build anticipation levels in those who wish to partake in waffles(or pancakes)

i find 24 hours is best. makes em really fluffy and yummier!

cheers

to build anticipation levels in those who wish to partake in waffles(or pancakes)
    See this is the real reson! lol! i know Dh enjoys seeing me wait for yummy food! lol!
    x

ANTICIPATION!?!?

I had enough trouble waiting the ten minutes the waffle recipe said! Luckily I was able to distract myself with belly belly, and washing some dishes! I couldn't wait twenty four hours! I also have trouble waiting for them all to cook before I eat any!

I would never have bought myself a waffle maker, I'm not much of a kitchen (or almost anything) gizmo girl. (Having said that, there are a few new gadgets that I look at, and go "oooh... aaahhhh.... like one of those.....") So, I'm actually glad I got this waffle maker given to me. I think its a good thing for the kids to use with me when they are dexterous enough not to burn themselves trying to put batter in or take waffles out. Oh, and when you break the waffle up into its pressed pieces (for want of better words), they make little love heart shapes.... aaawwwww.......

Yep, I those shaped waffles.

Mmmm waffles with fresh strawbs and maple syrup Yum!

I have another pancake question....

Do you need to separate the eggs (and beat them separately) ?

I'm going to try and go back to Sunday pancake breakfasts, and want to make them super yummy. The last time I made pancakes, they were okay, but not fab. I really can't remember what I used to do that made my pancakes delish.

This time, I will make the batter on Saturday evening (if I do the batter then, this will definitely make me make them on Sunday!), and let it rest in the fridge. Will that be enough?

My lazy day pancake is soooo easy:

1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
    1 cup white self raising flour (you can just use 2 cups self raising flour)
    1 egg
    2 cups rice milk (we are a dairy free house... so you could use normal milk )
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 dash lemon juice**
    1 tbsp honey
    ** in the days of dairy in our house we also added 2 tbsp of natural yogurt instead of the lemon juice...

Mix it all together at once and leave for 15 minutes. Thats it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789