Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancakes, Pikelets and Scones

Default Pancakes, Pikelets and Scones

Seeing as today is Pancake Day, I thought we could share some of our favourite Pancake recipes. Whether its savoury or sweet, post away maybe give some of us some ideas! And if anyone has a good potato pancake recipe let me know! I want one similar to the one they have at Pancake Parlour!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have a really good one, but it's at my old house still. I'll see if I can get my sister to email it to me. It's not so much a pancake recipie as a crepe one. Basically involves wrapping banana quarters in a crepe, coating it in brown sugar, frying in butter, then flambe-ing it with Tia Maria. Very good!

Orkids Guest

=P~ Susan =P~

that sounds really yummy !!

i dont have any recipies but am gunna look some up online
    yumm love pancakes

No pancakes here tonight (&(*#&(#@]

andrew likes his in juice and i don't have any juice, and I like mine with strawberry jam and cream but got no cream either and we are flat broke till thursday grrrrrrrrr.

Love :smt049

hey i found this recipie for german potato pancakes:

ingerdients:
    2 eggs
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/4 cup vegetable oil

Method
    1 In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix in potatoes and onion.
    2 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.

duno if thats any good but thought id put it here anwyay

Lesley

Thanks lesley! They are more like rosti's. The recipe I am after you make a normal savoury pancake batter and add grated potato & cheese/herbs etc. I could just give it a go myself LOL. I made the german ones last year, and let me tell you they were YUMMO!

*hugs*
    Cailin

mmm yummy i love rosti's
    anthony and ia re going to the shop when he gets home so might convince him to get some pancake fillings yum

Lesley

Cailin,
    There is a recipie for potato pancakes in the Tupperware stack cooker cookbook that was really good. Unfortunately, my mum has that cookbook, or I would look it up for you. It was mostly grated potato and milk and egg, but not your standard batter recipe. If you know someone with the stack cooker cookbook, the one with three flippable sections, maybe they could tell you.

Orkids Guest

Lesley - our family is german and we often have german potato cakes for lunches. The biggest hassle is that you need to squeeze out all the potato juice, so it can be a bit messy. They're extremely yummy with butter and raw sugar. =P~

Jessica,
    Have you tried using an old tea towel to squeeze the water out? My mum always does that with the grated apples for appeltart. Then you got fresh squeezed apple juice too. Don't know what you'd do with fresh potato juice though!

My family are dutch, so we had lots of continental food growing up. My dad really liked sauerkraut and Bratwurst. I like sauerkrat, but am not a huge fan of any wurst except Liverwurst. I can't get enough of that. The best sort sold in supermarkets in Don's Latvian sort. I was so upset when I found out I couldn't have any for nine months!

Orkids Guest

Hi Susan - thats how we used to get the potato juice out, with an old teatowel. It's disguisting stuff though, it turns black when it's been exposed to the air!!

Well how did your pancakes go? We had regular pancakes, with lemon & sugar, maple syrup, golden syrup (marc loves this *BLERK*) and paris had nutella & sprinkles

*hugs*
    Cailin

Reg pancakes here too.

Andrew got his orange juice and my cream LOL. We nearly didn't have them at all. I needed 2 eggs so andrew brought me half a dozen I took two out turn my back for a split second and Kam dropped the other 4 all over the floor !!!

by the time I made Kameron's he was fast asleep in the chair so I put him to bed, and he slept right thru to this morning lol.

Love :smt049

Sorry this took so long, but here are those recipes for next time you make pancakes!

Banana Crepes Flambe

8 crepes
    2 large bananas
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup butter
    1/3 cup Tia Maria
    Ice cream to serve (or at least cream, you'll need it, they're very rich)

Cut bananas in half crosswise, then in half lengthways. Wrap each crepe around a banana quarter. Heat butter and sugar in a pan; add crepe parcels, seam side down, and heat gently for 2-3 minutes. Warm Tia Maria (we always did it in pan, but must be quick, or there is nothing left to flame), pour over crepes and ignite. After flame dies, serve with ice cream.

How wierd is it that I didn't notice this until today??? I eat pancakes 2-3 times a week right now!! LOL! Its my pregnancy thing... I wake up and MUST HAVE pancakes!!

I use a similar recipe to the regular old fashioned everyday batter pancakes... and I eat them with either lemon & sugar or maple syrup... every time... sometimes if DH is home, I add choc chips to the last few of them so he can have choc chip pancakes... other than that if I can get blueberries they are in there...

WOW Susan that banana crepe recipe looks fantastic!!

Christy

Default My best ever pancake (ok, crepe) recipe in honor of today

Banana Crepes Flambe
    8 crepes
    2 large bananas
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup butter
    1/3 cup Tia Maria
    Ice cream to serve (or at least cream, you'll need it, they're very rich)

Cut bananas in half crosswise, then in half lengthways. Wrap each crepe around a banana quarter. Heat butter and sugar in a pan; add crepe parcels, seam side down, and heat gently for 2-3 minutes. Warm Tia Maria (we always did it in pan, but must be quick, or there is nothing left to flame), pour over crepes and ignite. After flame dies, serve with ice cream.

OMG, that sounds sooooooo good.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast