Thread: Perfect Cheesecake

Default Perfect Cheesecake

I got this recipe out of a cookbook i bought and it turns out so nice that my friends all think its some family secret recipe or something... plus its pretty easy for a baked cheesecake.

'My kind of cheesecake'

150g digestive biscuits
    60g melted butter
    500g cream cheese
    125g caster sugar
    2 medium eggs
    3 egg yolks
    150ml cream
    100ml lemon juice (I just use the juice from the same lemons used for the zest)
    zest of 2 lemons

Place biscuits in a food processor and whiz to form small crumbs, add melted butter and process briefly. Press biscuits into the bottom of 22cm springform cake tin. Place in the refrigerator to set, for at least 20 minutes.
    Preheat oven to 170degreesC
    Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and lemon zest, then whisk in eggs and yolks one at a time. Stir in cream and lemon juice. Take the cake tin and wrap the outside base with foil, using two pieces to cover the base. This prevents water seeping into the cake during cooking.
    Place the cake tin in a deep baking tray. Pour in cheesecake filling over biscuit base.
    Pour boiling water into the baking dish to come halfway up the cake tin. Place carefully in the oven. Cook for 1 hour, or until the cake is just set, still with some hint of wobble. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before refrigerating, preferably overnight. Serves 6-8.

Mmmmm, cheesecake!

I'm going to try this next time I make a cake - I've always wanted to make a cheesecake and only just bought a springform tin so now I can!

Thanks Jade!

ohhhh i love cheesecake but cant eat it any more.. had my gall bladder out it now makes me sick when i eat it!!

Oh yum!! I am going to try this recipe!! I'll copy and paste this to my desktop to make in the next couple of weeks!!! Thanku.