Thread: Puff Pastry & .... what can i make?

Question Puff Pastry & .... what can i make?

Ok so i have some frozen Puff Pastry today i bought a 2nd punnet of strawberries, i have some apples, pears, mandarins & some sultana's i want to use as DD1 seems to have gone off them a little.

I was thinking i could do an apple, strawberry & sultana ...... ???? pocket, roll????

I have no idea what works well with puff Pastry and at what oven temp etc, i normally just put some apples in and make like a little parcel.

So hit me with it, can i use the mandarins for something different?
    I have 2 eggs, milk, sugar cinnamon hmm any other basic staples???

hit me with some ideas.

I did a killer thing the other night for DH -

Cut up 2 apples into tiny pieces. Put them into a pot with 2 boxes of sultanas, some caster sugar, some cocoa powder, a little bit of custard powder and a smidgeon of water. Made up all the measurements as I went along until it tasted the way I wanted it to. Pulled out a puff pastry sheet, cut it diagonally in half and then put the mixture in each piece, folded it over, brushed it with some egg that I'd lightly beaten, cooked it in the oven at 180 for about 15 mins and served with low fat ice cream.

Now please, please let nobody in the fitness thread see this.....

ETA - I feel like I'm replying to every one of your threads lately, ZF. I promise I'm not stalking!!

DS (3yo ) made puff pastry circles spread with nutella and topped with thin slices of green apple. He also made apple and chocolate (melts but choc chips or another type would work fine) triangle parcels too. Yum!!! Can you see the trend Baked in 180 degree oven until pastry is puffed and golden brown.

You could have apple / strawberry / pear (or any combination of them) diced, cooked and cooled then placed on the pastry to make turnovers. There are lots of options with those ingredients

We do danishes with Cream Cheese mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon and then topped with fruit and baked till golden.

Ok ladies it's in the oven now, cut the puff pastry into 4 squares, put thinly sliced (partially cooked) apple in a row along the middle, topped with strawberry, a little sugar and on 2 we have sultanas and the other 2 cinnamon, fold a small 'edge' on all 4 sides to make like a danish/parcel.. a square of fruit showing in the middle and a nice puffy outside... mmm they smell awesome.. about done so will be off eating them soon..

Im just bumping up this thread. I have a great puff pastry recipe - from the 4 ingredients cook book(the red book).

MATCHSTICKS

-Two sheets puff pastry thawed
    -1 cup cream, whipped
    -4 tbs strawberry jam (or jam of choice)
    -2 tbs icing sugar

Roll out pastry thinning as much as possible. Line two baking trays with baking paper and place a sheet of pastry on each. ***** well and chill for 15 mins in freezer. Bake in 200C preheated oven for 8-10 mins or until pale golden brown. Using an egg flip, carefully turn pastry over and bake for a further 6-8 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut both sheets into 4 lengthways (may get 5), spread the first sheet with jam and the second with cream. Join together so that plain pastry faces up. Top with a sprinkling of icing sugar... enjoy.!

IM GOING TO MAKE THESE NOW, HAVE THE INGREDIENTS ALREADY. YUMMMM. KIDS AND DH LOVE THEM.

THEY ARE ABIT MESSY TO EAT THOUGH.

any savoury ideas?
    I do cheese and bacon or feta and spinach but thats kinda boring the kids now