Thread: Tres Leches Cake

Default Tres Leches Cake

Aka 3 milk cake Made this on sunday for the god parents, and it was divine

Ingredients:

These quantities make one standard cake (this is slightly more than a normal sized butter cake).
    3/4 cup of softened butter
    1 cup of caster sugar
    3 eggs (lightly beaten)
    1.5 tsp Vanilla Essence
    3 cups SR Flour
    1 cup milk
    1 395 ml tin condensed milk (low fat can be used)
    1 375 ml tin evaporated milk (low fat can be used)
    600mls whipping cream (low fat can be used)
    3 Heaped Tablespoons icing sugar
    Desired Fruit for decoration (I used blueberries/mango/crushed pineapple)

Method:

Cream butter & Sugar. Add eggs one at a time once combined add the next egg till all combined. Add vanilla and mix well. Add small amounts of flour and milk until well combined. Put mix into a 9 x 13 inch/22 x 33 cm baking dish (pyrex is good) Bake in a 160 C/320F oven for about 30-45 minutes or when skewer comes our clean and top is lightly browned. Allow cake to cool for 5 to 10 minutes then using a skewer poke holes all over the warm cake. Then combine condensed Milk & evaporated milk, pour milk mixture over the cake and allow to rest. Once cake is cool to touch cover in cling film and refridgerate for at least 1 hour. After an hour whisk 600mls cream and 3 large tablespoons icing sugar until peaks form. Cover cake in whipped cream then refridgerate till almost ready to serve. Before serving top with fruit of your choice, we used crushed pinapple, mango & blueberries and it was delish!

Pics HERE

Yep, I'll be making that! I wonder if it would work in a ring cake tin? I often like to pile fruit etc into the middle of the ring if the recipe says to decorate with fruit.

I'm not sure bath, what I did was bake it in a baking tray lined, but I've since looked at many different recipes that use a pyrex baking dish as it means it doesn't have to be lined and can be stored and served in the dish. Obviously not as pretty as a bundt cake, but I'm not sure how bundt would work unless you poured the liquid all over the cake, and then turned it out after it had soaked in then coat and decorate... Ok I think I may have just realised how you'd do it LMAO! So there ya go You can do it Just be careful to use wooden skewers if your bundt pan has teflon coating.

Do you know... I must confess... I do not own a bundt pan *bows head in shame* I love them especially the decorative ones, which is probably why I don't own one because I couldn't stop at one!

I agree, everything looks spectacular made in a Bundt tin (I didn't know they were called that! you learn something everyday in BB!) I just have a plain rounded circular one... bought from The Essential Ingredient I think.

HERE are some nice ones.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; April 1st, 2008 at 01:28 PM.