Thread: 6 yold DS Driving me crazy

Default 6 yold DS Driving me crazy

Where do I start.....

My 6 year old ds is doing just that......he pushes me to the limit!!!

He is totally defient atm, and when told not to do something will be doing it within 2 mins, he is aggressive towards his sisters, just too rough, and screams loudly whenever he doesn't get what he wants or gets told to do something.

He gets banned from xbox when not doing the right thing and sent to timeout (on a chair in the laundry) when he is over the top but he still keeps going. I have the feeling that we are not consistent enough and that is why he just keeps pushing.

It is so tiring though to be on his case all the time....anyone had a similar situationa dn how did you deal with it?

Cheers michelle

Hi Michelle,
    My 6 yr old DD is the same....I have a really hard time dealing with all her arguing,backchatting and violence toward me and her 4 yr old sister...
    I think consistency is the key with them when they are this age,and also you have to find things they really like or want to take away from them or ban them from doing as punishment....
    I would start a star chart with him too maybe?? i did this with Jessica (til i got to slack to continue) and i really found it made a difference with her behaviour....
    I love my girl,but seriously she pushes me to the edge sometimes too....
    Have you tried sitting down and talking to him one on one about the way he is behaving and the way it is affecting you?? i found that made a little difference with jess....
    And also i find sometimes with Jess that giving her extra attention,or maybe some time with just me doing something special works for them,because i get the feeling they feel like they are a bit left out when we have to pay so much attention to the other kids...
    Sorry didnt mean to make this sound like a lecture,but i hope something i have said works for you!!!
    Is he any better at the moment??

Hi Susie,

LOL don't worry about it sounding like a lecture. ATM he is not too bad, He seems to have a period where he is totally of his head around about his bday in July until the end of 3rd term.

We are trying to be more consistent and he loses his xbox, which is his fav thing in the world. So we are doing the things you mentioned. I also try to talk to him at times, it is a short lived change from that. He is just being a boy and a kid I guess, sometimes it really gets to me. It also depends on other factors how stressed I get, ie what else is going on and how the other kids are too as to how I cope LOL. 4 kids means lots of things happening all at once, so it can be stressfulLOL

Thanks for your input.

Cheers mcihelle

hey its ok,i would love to try to help you more,but i dont even know whether i am coming or going with DD6 some days lol
    Im glad he is behaving a little better now,and hope it continues...
    I know what you mean about 4 kids having a lot going on and being stressful!! Sometimes i wonder whether i should even entertain the idea of having another!! LOL!
    Take care