Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this normal 15 yearold behaviour? tmi

paradise lost Guest

It sounds like sexual abuse to me too. There is a huge cultural and inherent taboo against sexuality towards family members after puberty and the fact that he thinks it's appropriate to offer his GRAN a looksee is a BIG warning sign to me. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this hun, you sound so worried and fed up with it.

I have to tend to agree too. Either that or this boy clearly knows no boundaries regarding his body and sexuality.

There is no way in hell my older boys would do anything like that. They are so quick to cover up if the unthinkable happens like a towel falling.

Nazela Guest

It is hard, ive tried hiinting sexual abuse to my family, but no one is picking up any signs - I even said that i read an article which said that a kid with his behaviour usually means his been sexually abused. But mum says well that wont happen in our family (my ex BIL is my mums nephew pfft)

I know i cant confront the kid, im going to talk to hubby and say everything upfront. If he believes it too he knows how to explain things like this better than me.

Their family is a mess, his older brother is supposedly studying, just started smoking a pack aday, is obese (weighs 140kgs), isnt working, has diabetes, choloestrol and even back pain found only in women, and ontop when i ask why he doesnt do something with his life his answer is -
    i have always been the perfect son, i was the one who was used as a punching bag so mum wont get hurt, iwas the one hiding in cupboards, i was the one babysitting my 2/3 year old brothers while mum dad are bashing each other then having to pick up the pieces, now im the one dad is rejecting and doesnt want -I give up i dont have anything to do or live for, its now my time to be a boy.
    That just breaks my heart, but yet you know if he doesnt pick him self up its going to be too late.

Oh my, that is very, very sad. Does your nephew ? ever come to stay over, is he close to your DH ? Is there a chance you can spend extra time with him, build a safe relationship with him and perhaps give him to chance to talk out any of his issues ??

Maybe it's time to get in touch with some professional help, sounds like the whole family should be seeking some to me.

Nazela Guest

Yea im going to have to get hubby involved. It is a very sad and sticky situation.

My sister thinks they are all fine.

Hubby will be getting up soon, im just going to beg him to get involved. He hates getting involved in family situations.

hows everything going now hun, browsing through old posts...iv got a 16 years old brother he talks about sex and things in front of me..its mainly my dp hes talking to though and im only 20 so i think he can talk to me.
    take care rachxxx

i agree , i dont know many teenage boys who would be comfortabole getting their pants adjusted jic they got too close to it, kwim ?? it seems what he said to your mum is way left field and rings alarm bells , your sister needs help and so does the boy , i know from exp who kids change when going through a divorce , its not just the parents , its the kids too.

my cousin was so sweet until divorce happened , she became very promiscuisous and angry and even hit her mum a few times , she now has no life because she looks after her 11mth baby (she is 19) and feels so guilty about what she did to her mum ...

all of that could have been avoided if communication and help were at hand during the divorce ..

can you nephew come stay with you for a while and i feel you need to tell some one and try to get your dh to help , its hard but hang in there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12