Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to young for periods

wow i thought i was alone in this one My DD who got her first period 2 months ago is becoming totally impossible to live with so it is time to seek professional help i'm making her appt at our gp next week i enjoyed reading your responses and i even got her to come and read some parts and she actually agrees amazing it is the first thing she hasn't screeched at me about in months

I got mine when i was 11 but they didnt become frequent to I was about 12. I hated them but as I think Tanya said, I was settled before I went to high school at least. nothing worse than trying to cope with that and your periods. I remember going to a friends house and she was bouncing around like she had won the lottery...yep, she got her period. I was shocked and horrified at that age that she was so excited by this.

There are certaintly more girls having their periods at a younger age. I know girls who are 8 getting them and yet they physically dont appear that they would be having them. Other girls who have developed and not getting them.

I know my mum put me on some "herbal" tablets recommended for PMS. And all they did was make my pimples worse. So in turn I got even more moody. I think the thing to remember is that young people/ teenagers are going through such a huge stage of their lives that they will be moody if they are female or male. Its how they deal with that, and that is a huge issue for them and even some adults. Trying to control what is coming out of your mouth, as a very funny guy I knew once said, engage brain before engaging mouth. So much easier said than done. Maybe in the right stage of your daughters cycle talk through options she could do when shes feeling upset, anxious, uptight, angry. Rather than mouthing off at everyone else. Maybe a "leave me alone"sign for her door, I know blocking you out a little but there might be time when she needs this time out from everyone and know that its a no go zone time then. And not to be baited by her when she is in that "mood". Dont engage in the conversation with her. If she is being rude say once that in our house we speak kindly to people. Ready for the blah blah blah answer. "When your speaking calmly/ nicely then we can talk" and leave the situation. Just dont engage yourself in those battles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12