Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clomid for LPD #3

kirsty Guest

Woohoo again Deb on the fantastic scan with Eggbert.

Michelle I so hope that you end up getting a BFP & not AF! Got my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Kirsty and Deb. It will be worse because DH leaves on Friday for 4 days of work so he won't be back until maybe Tuesday evening but more likely Wednesday sometime. So if it is *positive* he will find out over the phone (I don't usually get positive HPT's prior to potential AF arrival date) or if AF arrives he will get that over the phone too and I will be home on my own. Not a good thought at this stage - especially when it is such a significant cycle ... the end of this path and the fork in the road for the next step

ETA - OK so I went and followed Deb's advice and did a HPT ... and I think I am imagining a line (so incredibly faint that I am sure it is my imagination or the light reflecting on it) and now I don't know what to think. I am sure if I get my hopes up I will be sorely disappointed on the weekend when AF arrives. On the other hand I just went back and looked at it and it is the same width as the test line ... but SOOOOOOO faint.

OK. I'll go now and stress about whether I am going to be REALLY excited of REALLLLLLY disappointed.
    Last edited by Michelle71; October 4th, 2006 at 02:43 PM. Reason: POAS

Oh my Goodness!!!!!!! Okay, let's remain calm.... (she tries to but fails!).

What brand? Was it FMU? Has the line got colour? Okay you know all of this I know.

With this pregnancy I got an "ever so feint am I imagining it" line on 8dpo that was bold by 11dpo. Each pregnancy is different (I know you know this too!).

Well, I need to do a wee I am so excited!
    Keep me posted! I am praying for you...

Thankyou Kirsty for your thoughtfulness. I just need to get through these next couple of months!

Deb - you made me chuckle with your need to wee (that could just be your pregnant bladder talking )

Fortel was the brand. It wasn't FMU but there is colour in the line (if the line is not being imagined!!

I am now just terrified I am seeing things and it will all end up being a false alarm. Will test with FMU tomorrow to see if it is darker. DH is sleeping at the moment (damn night shift) but I think I will wait for a little bit (and a darker positive) before I tell him. He has had enough disappointment without raising his hopes with a false result.

Keep the prayers coming. I need all of them that can be mustered. Keeping everything crossed Now, if only the cramping wasn't making me feel like AF is just around the corner .........

Well now I am officially excited. If there is colour it's a line! I hear you so let's not jump the gun but please come back early tomorrow and tell me what happens when you POAS in the am!

What does your hubby do?

DH is a doctor (I know - how stereotypical ) and currently doing Careflight. I swore I would never marry a doctor and now look at where I am. But he is a nice country boy that I found in the city so I am happy. His occupation is another reason why he finds it hard to deal with our unexplained infertility.

I actually have done 2 tests (I know ... starting to become a POAS addict) but one has a reflective plastic cover so it is even harder to see than the plain dip stick one. There are feint lines with faint colour so .....

I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I am so hoping and praying for you Michelle!

I married a nice country boy too. I hope you get a nice bright bfp before Friday...

I will switch on the computer in the morning and be waiting for baited breath...

Hey girls. Michelle, I really, really hope you're wrong and AF isn't on her way.But I know what you mean, I feel the same way about this cycle and I'm only just ovulating! I just feel like it's a waste of time - what's going to be so different this time??

I think to a degree it's normal to feel this way, self preservation and all. Let's hope we're both wrong....

You are a lot stronger than me, I would have done a test by now for sure! Although I am learning for me personally it's not worth the devastation of seeing yet another BFN every cycle. It's a bit different for me though, because I have pre af spotting I pretty much know at about 10dpo anyway so I don't have to endure the waiting as long as you guys do.

Well looks like we'll have to *get busy* again tonight. Bit over it to be honest! Having more o pain today. Ordered some pre-seed from lullaby conceptions yesterday afternoon (just in case we needed it but looks like I still have plenty of ewcm - sorry, tmi) and it's arrived already! Gotta be impressed with that. They've also given me two freebie hpts. That could be a dangerous thing! Have put them away and pretty sure I won't be needing them any time soon.

Just remember that even though you are taking a break from AC, you guys aren't taking a total break and I'm sure you know clomid can have a residual effect so you aren't out of the game all together! I've heard quite a few girls who've fallen prg on a month they were taking a break from clomid.

O michelle, I have been away, im praying with all my heart and soul.......let that line be glowing at you. best of luck
    way to go deb, and bring on the 12, thats my niece's sweet 16th bday......gotta be good.
    Good luck willow on catching that egg!!! it surely cant get away this month
    hey to all others

kirsty Guest

Well Michelle I'll be checking back to see an update on your POAS adventure which I'm sure will have another chapter to it by the morning!

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

OK, I must be on drugs or something (te he) cause I think I totally missed this whole page and just posted going on with total rubbish!!

Michelle, I am trying not to get excited here but am failing miserably!!!

If I could get my stupid emoticons to work this post would be full of them!!!

Please, please, please let this be it for you guys!!!

I've always thought reading your posts that your DH sounded like a very special man, and hearing that he is a Careflight Dr only confirms that for me.

God, how are you gonna keep it to yourself???!!!! I understand not wanting to disappoint him though.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Willow; October 4th, 2006 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks girls. I have everything crossed that it will be a positive but there is still so much of a chance that it won't be.

And Willow - you just had me in stitches with your *blondeness* And your excitement warms my heart (as does yours Deb - still laughing about you having to pee ) And yes, my DH is a special man, but Careflight is just a rotation. Normally he works in Emergency like me.

I am hoping for even better news in the morning but if not, at least I know I have your support.

You'll absolutely have our support either way!

Well even an Emergency Dr gets the vote in my book - I have spent heaps of time in our local Emergency dept over the last 12 months and I swear, I don't know how you guys do it....

I am going to say an extra special, really big, long, meaningful, wonderful prayer for you guys tonight!!

oooh Michelle!

I've kind of dropped off the radar a bit here, but I do keep an eye on you all! I'm so excited and pleased that the clomid will have worked for you! Gives me such hope that it will work for me as well... if I survive the provera and AF comes...

I was seriously depressed seeing all the new pregnancy announcements today, but the possibility that you could be posting your own very soon has put the BIGGEST smile on my face.

BW

Geez, BW, I'm with you. I just went over to the preg announcements thread and now i'm seriously depressed....

BUT if our Michelle posts in there very soon I'll be over the moon!!

Hi guys, I'm just going to lock this thread now. The reason being that we have chatter threads for miscarriage and loss as you're aware and there is also a chatter thread for those that are TTC & taking Clomid. Please feel free to join in either or both of these threads.

Here are the links for both -
    TTC & Taking Clomid and/or Metformin
    TTC After Miscarriage or Loss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123