Thread: Lupus & Clexine Injections?

Question Lupus & Clexine Injections?

Hi, I'm new to this site,

I'm looking for some advise or help from any mum's out their that have Lupus that have had to use Clexine injections?

Thanks BeHappy

I don't have lupus, but I have taken Clexane for my blood clotting disorder during pregnancy...(not much fun, is it?)

Hi Gabi, Can I ask how long did you have to take it for? Do you have children?

Hi BeHappyEveryOne,

I have had two miscarriages (one early, one late) which my OB thinks are due to a blood clotting disorder. I am now 5 months pregnant. I have no other children.

I took aspirin before pregnancy and I take aspirin now, I had to take Clexane from 5 weeks to 12 weeks because aspirin can affect the development of baby's heart (most of which takes place in those weeks). Because it is a low molecular weight heparin it is thought not to affect baby's heart, it also has a shorter half life than aspirin.

Are you taking Clexane to treat the lupus? Or to manage during pregnancy?

I have Lupus, but I have never had to take any injections during pregnancy. I have 2 healthy children.

I have lupus but have never used Clexine.

Has anyone ever heard that some one with lupus can't carry, or it is harder to carry boys to term.

Hi Hopingsoon. I know of a woman who has lupus and had a boy - he was perfectly healthy. I know she had some issues during the pregnancy with her health - I think it was her kidneys - and had some stays in hospital, but she went on to deliver at full term a little boy.

I have a 14 year old son...no problems conceiving him (he was my first) and no issues carrying or giving birth.

Hi Ladies, Thanks for your replies.

I have not started the injections yet they won't be started until I get BFP.

My Immunologist has up my does of plaquenil to 400ml per day which I now think has stuffed up my cycles I use to have a 33 day cycle and now I'm up to 37day & no BFN.

Any one out their have problems with their cycles and taking plaquenil?

My cycles never changed while I was taking Plaquenil...I have stopped taking it since I am ttc.

lisa_a Guest

I just seen your original question about Clexane injections, I have Lupus and I am 33 weeks pregnant, but I don't have Clexane I have Fragmin which is basically the same sort of thing I think. I am going off the injections at 37 weeks and I am being induced at 38 weeks. I have two suggestions - 1 try injecting in the top of your leg (Check with your doc first) I get big bruising and find it less painful to do it there! & 2 don't leave it til the last minute to order your prescription because if Clexane is anything like Fragmin it can take up to a week to be ordered and I also had a drama where the supplier was out of stock and I had to search Pharmacies and hospitals to find some in stock! Good luck with everything!