Thread: mittelschmerz...

Default mittelschmerz...

Does anyone else have this? I had never experienced painful ovulation until last year and I have some questions. It's always on the right side which I read is quite common, but I am wondering...when to BD? Before the pain...during...or after? I'm confused. This is serious pain...to be honest if we weren't TTC it's the type where no BDing would be going on. It usually lasts 1/2 day or a whole not longer than that. The first time it happened I went the the ER becuase I thought something was seriously wrong with me...I couldn't even walk. Can you even conceive with mittelschmerz? If anyone has insight I appreciate it.

I got ovulation pain. Some cycles it can be quite bad. I also have copious amounts of EWCM too so I reccon it's the best time to go for it

Hi,
    Just wanted to say I almost always get it, but on my left. Sometimes it hurts more than other times, but Im pretty sure it doeasnt effect conception. I have been pg 3 times so...
    Basically it happens because when you ov, a cist is formed at the ovary and sometimes it can be large and a bit sore. I also feel when the egg is released, a short stabbing pain, my whole family experiences this and always has.

I dont think its anything to worry about, but go and see your ob or fs if you have any concerns. Im lucky to have a midwife and ob/fs in the family, so I just ask continual questions about my reproductive system. ...better to be informed than not.

Goodluck,

Issy

I get cramps on the side i ovulate from during ovulation. Have you read the shettles method? he does make reference to concieving with mitteshmerz. try charting your temps and see when it comes in relation to your spike and whether it occurs at the same time as O and if it does then that is you best time. you can also concieve up to 3 days before O as the sperm do survive. have a look in the gender swaying section and you may find more info on shettles method.

Thanks for your replies ladies...information and experience is great!