Thread: Saying Hello

Nova Guest

Default Saying Hello

Hi all.

My dh and I got pregnant the first month we tried and then m/c when I was 6 weeks along. It has affected us more than I would have thought, and certainly more than the people in our lives who haven't been through it can know. It has helped so much to read all of your stories over the last couple of months, thank you. We have now been ttc for 3months with no luck. My dh and I will be apart for a few months this summer due to his work and I am really hoping we conceive before he leaves. I have heard about ovulation predictors and wondered if they were worth trying? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you all. Nova.

hi nova and welcome to bb
    sorry to hear about your loss
    best of luck with ttc

hi nova, sorry about your loss. my story was just the same as yours. got married. conceived 2 weeks later & had missed miscarriage at 6 wks 6 days, & found out at nearly 11 wks. d&c on 19 april. been trying since then. but anyways, i tried opks, dont think they work for me. plus they cost so much! i bought some bulk on ebay but they didnt work i dont think. could work for you? try going onto fertilityfriend.com, buy a bbt thermometer & start charting, also check your cervix too... good luck!

hi nova,

so sorry for your loss. I fell pg after 3 months of trying. then i mc'd at 9 weeks (blighted ovum). That was on my 30th bday, in december. we have been trying since then with no luck so far. Have tried OPK's a couple times, not sure if they worked for me. but its worth giving it a go. As vanaithi said, i think temping is good, although once your temp goes up, it means you have already ovulated, so its too late to try...
    anyway, good luck trying, hope your wait is not too long

I purchased Maybe Baby back in June last year when we started TTC. I found that it did show when I was ovulated. To be honest I did forgot most mornings and would brush my teeth or something (you have to put a bit of saliva on the little thing and cannot eat or drink 3 hours prior). Anyway there is a maybe baby thread somewhere as some people like it and some people don't.

In the end we just DTD every night from about day 10 to day 20 figuring that would do. We did fall pregnant that way... 7 weeks later had a MC though.

Hope this helps... I also purchased a thermometer and again forgot to take my temp most mornings and didn't continue with that!

Nova Guest

Thanks for the advice, everyone. One of the many things that I've learned after our m/c is getting to know my own body better. We know it's unlikely to happen before my dh leaves but we wanted to give it our best effort! We'll give the suggestions a go. So sorry for all you've gone through...it breaks my heart all over again to think how many people have had to feel the same loss.

Hi Nova,

Any luck TTC yet? Really hope you get a BFP before your hubby goes away. My DH and I conceived the first month of TTC which was amazing, but then mc at 5.5weeks Can't wait to try again. I'm just temping at the moment. I have heard Maybe Baby to be good (my cousin used one) and it worked for her. I recon any thing is worth a go. You can buy them 2nd hand on ebay which would be a little cheaper. If we don't fall preg in the first month back trying, I'm going to buy one as I am a very impatient person and don't like to wait!!

Good luck with TTC. Keep me posted on how you go.

Joey

Hi Nova. Sorry for your loss.

I have been fortunate to conceive a few times in the past year. This past cycle I was very determined and used a bundle of things:

1. Religiously temped (to help me understand my body, when I ovulate, etc)
    2. Used OPK's. They have not always had a strong line every month, but have helped.
    3. I do have a Maybe Baby. I have followed the instructions religiously, but it has not worked for me at all.
    4. Taking loads of folate (5mg) and CoQ10, among other prenatals, for egg quality
    5. Drinking two cups a day of White/Green Tea for improved CM
    6. No alcohol
    7. Kept an eye on CM
    8. Was checking cervix, but got paranoid about infection so stopped
    9. Used Preseed and conceived first-time the past two cycles I have used it (MC in March), UTD again now...

Hope it's a help! Good luck

WTH

Unhappy lost baby

hi all
    my name is petra
    sorry if this is wrong but this is my first time every doing this.
    i was 29 weeks pregnant when my palantia come off and they had to take rachael out
    on the day before mothers day she had very bad brain blooding and 4 days later we had to turn the mechaines off.
    we miss her very much.

sarah-jane 30/7/98
    nicole 22/3/01
    twins 11 weeks old
    michelle 18/6/05
    rachael 10/5/08

Nova Guest

Joey - No luck this month. Although I tried the ovul pred kit and that worked great, the pink line showed up exactly when I thought I would ovulate, so that was good. Since we got pregnant the first month we tried and then mc, I think I expected I would fall pregnant again very fast this time and have been frustrated we haven't. We've been trying for 4 months since our mc and we've got one more go of it before my dh leaves for his work. We're hoping this will be the magic month. Good luck to you...I hope it happens right away for you when you start trying again.

WTH - Thanks for the great list. I've heard good things about the preseed...probably don't have time to try it before dh leaves but maybe if we're lucky enough to get some well-timed visits in while he's gone. : ) My sil was having very irregular periods...every 90 days or so, and finally fell pregnant with some help from her doctor to get her ovulating, but her dr said to try every other day for two weeks around ovulation. Is this what you've heard as well? We thought the more the better, but maybe we were over-doing it??? Thanks for the advice!

Petra - I am so, so sorry for the loss of your little rachael. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must have been for you. I'm glad you joined and I hope you find support and comfort amid the strong, kind women gathered here. (((HUGS)))

Nova

I'm glad to hear you have one more go before your DH leaves for work, Nova. Best of luck :goodluck2:

Unhappy

thankyou nova
    sorry to hear about your loss too

Not having a very good day everything that could go wrong did today the car stopped working the kids had wetting problems and dinner burnt.
    let hope nothing else can go wrong.

i have to see the doctors on monday
    husband keeps at me that we are having another baby

petra
    Last edited by ptack; June 30th, 2008 at 08:01 PM.