Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #2 April '08

jodsan - u r sounding very positive and it's great that u don't have to lose so much!! I'd be rapt just to lose 3.5 kgs at this point but i could do with a bit more shaved off Take care of ur heart as well as ur bod.

Thanks Plc - Oh dont worry, I'm sure I could do with a bit more than 3.5kgs too but I'm just hoping for a healthy TTC weight (and for my jeans to not be so tight), I'll worry about the supermodel weight once I've had my bubs Hey our sons are very similar in age, Aiden was born 31 May 06. Such a great age I reckon, he just makes up whole sentences and says it like he really believes it, its so cute!

I've changed my ticker so now I'm officially on my TTC diet. So I think that's all I need to do to boost my chances, has anyone got any ideas on how I go about getting DH to give up smoking (I'm sure it's affecting his swimmers)? I've never smoked so I just dont get it, I think I'm a bit *****y and intolerant about it.

Ok, noone else has posted so I'm just going to edit m last post. Well, everyone, no AF yet??? It is usually there when I wake up in the morning, I have been waiting all day. I just went for my run and I thought for sure it would come then, but no, just CM (sorry TMI). Doesn't feel like it's coming either. I guess if it was a chemical pg then AF could be late but why would it be late now if there is no hcg in my system anymore? Arggh
    Last edited by Jodsan; April 23rd, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Hey everyone..

Thanks for all those who have wished me well this month..

Well everything is confusing me at the moment.. I have signs that i have ovulated but then i dont have signs and all this other stuff. The BD'ing was fun at first but now DF has "lost interest" and if "i want sex, i have to get him turn on" So now i have "lost interest" in doing that. When we agreed to TTC i told him that there are going to be times when we need to Baby Dance and neither of us are going to want to but we still have to do it and he told me that he understood that and would do it when i said we have too.. And now, he doesnt want to do it at all. He keeps saying "oh well, maybe next month"
    I dont know what i can do to make him change his mind..

I dont think this will be my month..

Oh Abbey, Im so sorry you're feeling frustrated at the moment, and dont give up yet, there is still time, im for you hun. Maybe you could try adding some spice ???....I know, in theory sounds exciting, but can we actually be bothered????

I have the opposite problem...DH could bd on his death bed I cant keep him off me most of the time. I get the guilts put on me if 'im not in the mood'. Which is good around the time of ov, but other times.....

Anyway, never give up I say......

GL to everyone. I'm sending some positive and happy vibes to everyone....i think we need those as much as babydust

Issy

Smilinatu - with last preg I had a BFN the day before AF was due (not even the faintest of faint lines was visible). 2 days after AF due the test turned BFP before my eyes - I didn't have to wait the 3 minutes. So there is still hope my friend... :goodluck2:

Jen - I know what you mean! I said at the start of this month that we would BD every day, but *ahem* we are yet to start bd'ing this cycle... Temping didn't work for me because I just couldn't take it at THE exact same time each morning. I continue to have fingers crossed for you

mmteacher - great news about right ovary! Seems like this new doctor is onto it and is determined to get you pg...

Ladies, with o day looming for me in the next week or so, would love to hear your tips (G rated of course) on keeping the men in your life as focussed on bd as you! I'm hoping it will be possible this time to avoid it getting to the "its a chore" stage ... I accidentally referred to it as bd'ing the other night when talking to dh about ttc bub 2, and he just said "um .... I don't really think I want us to call it that". Poor boy! Issy great for you though that it is never a chore for your dh!!

Take care everyone ...

Girls I am hearing you re: lack of romance when you 'have to' bd!!! It is soooo frustrating. I find lots of candles (house filled with those little tea light ones) and chocolate coated strawberries are usually a winner. Ooh and a visit to the shower is always a good start, he he he. Are we meant to talk about stuff like in this or do the moderators not like that, if that is the case then sorry

Jodsan - you sound much brighter today. I'm a firm believer that diet and exercise strongly control your hormones so I think you are heading in a good direction....for a BFP!

we need more BFP's in here ladies......

AF reared her ugly head yesterday...I am out until next cycle...

Babydust to everyone still waiting! *fingers crossed*

Jodsan--Wish I knew the secret to make DH quit smoking--I've been trying to get DF to quit since we got together more than 8 years ago! He tells me almost everyday (and has for most of those 8 yrs!) that he's going to quit, but I'll believe it when I see it! I used to smoke before I was with him and quit very easily, so I tend to be less than understanding,(Ok, I'll be honest, I'm pretty b****y) about why it's so hard for him to quit! Can't believe how weird your cycle is--have you thought of getting BT yet?

Abbey--I was told by a friend of mine that the words BD'ing might be a bit of a turn-off! Think my DF is going through the same thing--I think we even BD'd less than normal simply because I called it BD'ing!

Issy--My DF sounds very much like your DH! Usually DF has always been somewhat of an addict--jokes around that 3x day is perfect! Definitely noticed he was less inclined than normal this month, though. You must not be calling it BD'ing! I think I need to think of a new term to use with him other than that one--something kinky that doesn't include the word "baby"!

jenushka--You're only on day 10, right? You have plenty of time to get lots of BD'ing in this cycle! Good luck with O and hope you catch the !

AJC--Candles, chocolate covered strawberries, and a shower--who could refuse that? I'll have to keep that in mind!

smilanatu! Hope AF is being kind to you

I was wondering if anyone could If I were to think I were pg should I stop taking the baby aspirin until I know for sure? Does anyone know?

jen...Fortunate for me AF is almost always easy going...light and short (2-4 days) little to no pain...I have to admit I've been blessed in that aspect.

Jen - just to let you know that I got a BFP last weekend and my OB told me to stay on the baby aspirin. I am on it for a MTHFR defect. what about you?

Barbara

smilanatu--Wow, lucky you! I hope this is your last one for a long time!

Anthonysmom--Oh yah, another one for our time zone! It's so hard sometimes waiting for all the Aussie girls to wake up, especially when I have a question! Congrats again on your BFP! I'm not exactly sure why I'm taking the baby aspirin, to be honest with you. After m/c my dr. said that when I decided to ttc again he wanted to try me on it. Do you mind if I ask what MTHFR is?

Good morning to all my Aussie "mates" (spoken with my best Aussie accent!)

Jen - first of all thanks on the congrats. i am taking this all one step at a time. waiting for blood results to see HCG levels and then go to retest tomorrow. So MTHFR is an enzyme in the body. it helps break down amino acids. If you have a defect (it is a hereditary condition) it can cause blood clots, stroke, heart attacks. As far as pregnancy is concerned it can cause miscarriage or things like spina bifida. well for me the good news is my levels are okay. the only treatment is baby aspirin, extra folic acid and b vitamins. i didn't find this out until i did genetic testing after I lost my son. i do know that baby aspirin has been prescribed for other things in pregnancy like to prevent blood clots. hope this helps

barbara

morning girls!

yay last day of the week before long weekend, love it!

issy- am a bit jealous that your DH is so keen on BDing- mine isn't too bad but i think i would be happy if he couldn't keep his hands off me! anyway we are both loving your morning theory at the moment- don't know why we didn't think of it before but it works better for both of us because we have so much more energy after a good night's sleep raher than forcing ourselves to do it after a long day's work when all we want is to vege on the couch...anyway i keep thinking if we have this much more energy in the morning than i'm sure DH's swimmers will too!

jen- i'm really for you to get a BFP and start the ball rolling in here, have been reading of your symptoms in the TWW thread and all sounds so promising...fingers crossed for you hun

jodsan- still no AF? must be so confusing and frustrating for you at the moment...hope she shows up soon so you can get back to TTC. Re: your DH smoking i'm afraid i too have struggled with quitting in the past. was on them for years until i got preg last year and stopped altogether. My DH tried everything to get me to stop before then but it's one of those things you really have to want to do yourself. Once you've decided i think it's not hard at all. one thing i can say is i am stubborn and don't like being told what to do- the more DH would tell me to quit the more i didn't want to. so maybe you should try a bit of reverse psychology if your DH is like that too?

anyway spose i better get myself moving and go to work- to all the other ladies a big hello and big have a great last day of the week!

Yey AF came overnight (cant believe I'm celebrating it)! Now I can officially move on from this bizarre cycle. Going to see my great doctor again in two weeks so we can do some luteal phase testing, pretty sure I've got estrogen dominance which should be easy fixed. So I am going to sit this cycle out, do the exercise, lose the weight and try to get some estrogen out of my system. Looking forward to a really healthy cycle #8!

Anthonysmum - congrats on the BFP. Hope the hcg is doubling nicely!

Gotta get ready for uni, be back tonight.

Anthonysmom - i must have missed that post - WOW congrats honey . Can understand ur caution - I would be the same. But well done on the BFP all the same and sending u very sticky vibes!!!

jen - good morning hun!!!! I day to testing - YAY!!

abbey, issy, AJC & jenushka - i know how u feel re bd-ing, romance, etc. But in my case it's me that is lacking motivation - even during 2WW!! like issy, my DH is always ready to "turn it on". I can't seem to get past the idea that it is not just baby making time.

Plus I am always tired, esp so lately. DS has been waking us up between 5.15 & 5.30 the last 3 mornings (inc today) and there is no energy left at the end of the day I think the first couple of times we bd-ed this cycle (just before o) we were just so rapt that we could TTC again and that made things exciting but it only lasted a couple of nights.

Need to get those candles going I think, anyone got any suggestions on getting-in-the-mood music?

Morning ladies,
    Haven't been on for a bit as AF turned up. I was sooooo sure it was going to be a BFP, I had all the symptoms that i had last time, Including this wierd skin thing. So now i'm high on Naprogesic. Looking forward to the long weekend and beleiving that my body was preparing itself after the m/c.

xoxooxoxo to all.

Anthonysmom--Thanks for the info! I'm still so excited for you!

pbstar--Is it Thurs. there or Fri? I thought it was only Thurs. but you made 2 comments about it being the last day of the week. I feel very confused--it's only Wed. evening here and I thought you guys are 17 hrs. ahead of me? Thanks for the I sure could use 'em! Guess I'll find out soon... feeling pretty anxious about it!

Jodsan--This is so weird to say, but AF! Hope this all helps get your cycle back on track! Good luck on the weight loss!

plc--1 day and counting! Thought I might be able to hold out till Fri. but there's just no way! I'm having a hard time not POAS right now! I've had tingly bb's all day, and I don't know, it's just giving me this HUGE desire to test! But the test says wait till first day of missed AF, and technically that would be Fri. since AF is due tomorrow. What should I do????? To test or not to test... that is the question.

Mel--So sorry, honey Hope you are able to enjoy your long weekend--what's the long weekend for, BTW?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast