Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #2 April '08

Good morning ladies,

Hope you are all well this morning. Well, yesterday I noticed EWCM, so Im thinking im either ov right now or about to. Havent had too much pain on my ovaries this month (so far) so I think thats probably a good sign. I was on clomid last month and the pain on my left ovary was intense, I am pretty sure the clomid overstimulated them, which I was warned may happen since I do already ovulate. I only took them because I only have one working ovary....well sort of. The left one had a kink in it due to being stuck to my abdomen wall for 4 years (picked up when I had surgery in Oct and the dye would not go through). FS said it might straighten out once it was released, which he did in surgery. So anyway, I took it to make sure I ov from at least one side.

pbstar - im glad to hear the morning bd'ing is working out for you....I hear you on the energy levels at night, I too feel stuffed by the end of the day (especially at the moment with DS being on school holidays). DH doesnt mind what time of the day or night we bd, he could be asleep for all he cares, but I would rather the morning sometimes, it kind of makes it a bit more interesting too

Jodsan - sorry to hear nasty AF arrived, but you're right, at least now you can move onto the next cycle, thats it smooth, normal and ends in a bfp for you

Smilantu and mel- also sorry to hear AF arrived - here's to a new cycle and new hope...just keep thinking...your'e one step closer to that bfp

AJC - I hear you...candles and a shower...no man could refuse....right????

Jen - yeah, probably hearing the word 'baby' when about to dtd, is probably not the best turn on. Best to find another word for it....try thinking of some of the words you would use if you were a teenager.... After all, I think men secretly wish they were still teenages just having irresponisble fun. Also its Thursday here but its the last day of the week as fri is a public holiday for us....ANZAC day, celebrating the diggers who fought and died in the war.

Anthonysmum - I must have missed your announcement too, congratulations hun wishing you a safe, happy and healthy pg.

plc1805 - im hearin' you re: no motivation....i fell the same sometimes.

To everyone else, hope you are all doing well and looking after yourselves. Have a great long weekend, and to those over seas, sorry you dont get a long weekend, but have a great normal weekend.

Issy

Jen - this should also answer your problem with PBstar saying that it is the last day of the week. It is a Public holiday in Australia on Friday. It is about 11:20 on Thursday morining here. So it is the last day of the week today as tomorrow is ANZAC day.

ANZAC day is to commemorated the members of Australia New Zealand Army Corps Who landed at Gallipoli during world war I. It was the firt major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War have a look atAnzac Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    for more info.

Must do work, Must do work, Must do work, Must do work,

issy-- :goodluck2: with the O! this will result in a BFP for you! Here's some and

Mel & issy--Thank you both for the info on ANZAC day! Hope you enjoy your extra day off--does this mean everyone will be on the computer more tomorrow? I wait all day for you all to wake up, go to work, and when you finally get home and on the computer, I'm in bed! It's nice in the morning b'cuz there's lots of posts to read, but my day is pretty long when no one's around. Luckily I found a couple other USA gals who're in my time zone, if not for them, my days would really drag while waiting for my Aussie friends!
    Last edited by jen805; April 24th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Hi Ladies..

Firstly
    Anthonysmum - A HUGE CONGRATS....and wishing you all the best..its soooo nice to have a BFP!!!! I reckon this could be the start of lots to come this next month!!!

MelA - I understand your dissapointment with AF..I also was so sure I would be preggers and it was just a strange cycle...same as you my body is still preparing itself...take care xoxo

Jen805 - THE HUGEST GL for you....I sooo hope you get a BFP!!!!! I will be awaitng your post after you POAS!!!!!!

Jenushka - my cycle buddy...not long now till "O" day!!!!! and lots of BDing!!! The last TWW was excruciating...I can't imagine what the next one will be like?? Hopefully it will pass quickly...can't belive how Im wishing my days away!!!

Abbey - maybe you should try some reverse pschology on your partner...that might get him interested?? Dont know really but hope he comes around for you..

To all the ladies BDing...have fun!!!

AFM - well my DH wants it AM & PM....Im not real good with the AM but i'm not about to start knocking him back esp with "O" coming up soon...just hope he doesn't burn out!!!!

Well have a lovely weekend All and sorry to those I haven't mentioned..you are all in my thoughts and prayers though.
    xoxoxox
    Emmy-Lou

Anthony's Mum - just take it easy and i hope those numbers double for you. What wonderful news.

Mel A sorry AF turned up.

i've just been interrupted by a phone call i'll be back in later.

Hey all!!!

Emmy-lou - bless ur DH!! I hope he doesn't burn out either Happy bd-ing sweet!

Mel A - good luck for this cycle, hun.

jenushka - wishing u loads of happy and quality bd-ing!!

Jodsan - yay for AF!! for ur sake hun!! let's get back to normal, hey? I appreciated ur comments about ur DS - they are funny!! My DS has finally learnt "peas" & "anku" and is now using them at any opportunity he gets - so cute!

jen - 1 day to go!!!! 1 day to go!!!! Glad u got some girls from back home keeping u company!! But I'm usually attached to this computer too so I'll make sure I'll look out for u!!

Hey & hugs to Issy, pbstar, smilanatu, AJC, mollycat and about 20 others that are always in my thoughts even if their names r not in my post

Emmy-Lou--The pressure is definitely on! I've never had so many people involved with me POAS before! Thanks for the luck, I'm really feeling like I need it! Good luck with O and BD'ing!

Hi Girls

Just need to get this off my chest, sorry to talk about myself so much but I really truly feel that you goes totally understand me.

Ok - ob appointment today. Progesterone good and strong ovulation detected from the clomid so yay for that. But....DH's semen analysis not so good - lots of swimmers but not many healthy ones. So Ob has suggested that we try clomid for 2 more months then step up into IVF. He has ordered a repeat test for DH just to double check but I would say that is the direct we will be headed. I'm actually ok about it surprisingly. Ob is so fabulous - even if he tripled his fees I would still go to see him. He is still really really optimistic and said that we may be pg again before we have to start that - but if we are not then that is the next step. Ob again said that he hasn't seen a healthy couple (obviously backwards swimmers are not uncommon) like us yet who have not gone onto to achieve a healthy pregnancy to term.

and for everyone.

Anthonysmum - Congrats! yaaa - we needed another BFP in here. All the best

AJC--Good news on the Progesterone and yay about O! Sorry to hear about DH Glad you found such an optimistic dr! It makes it so much easier when you have a competent and caring dr. who has the same goal you do!

plc--OMG, I think I'm just going to go to bed so this night will be over with! I'll let you all know in the morning... for me &

Goodnight Jen..... and we're all here for you!!!!!!!

AJC...glad youve got a great doctor and that your making progress...take care xoxo

AFM - I'm just about to knock off work...YAY...but sure I'll be logging in over the weekend....

Chat Soon
    xoxo
    Emmy-Lou

Hi,

jen - just want to wish you all the luck in the world for the morning, im for you hun.

For eveyone else, have a great weekend

Issy

Hi everyone,Just a quick one cos DS is attacking the computer.
    AJC - That's really great news about O and progesterone. But did he say there was anything DH could do to get his swimmers healthier? I've read something about Vit B6 and zinc?`

Ok - I've been googling "sperm quality" cos I wanted to know myself if I cant get DH to give up smoking we are going to have to combat it. This is waht I've found - Vitamin B12: Good sperm counts depend on this vitamin. Take 100 to 300 mcg daily. Vitamin C: This nutrient improves sperm quality. Take 1,000 mg daily. Vitamin E: Vitamin E increases the pregnancy rate in couples who are having trouble conceiving. Take 400 IU of natural vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) daily. Selenium: Supplementation improves sperm counts and the quality of sperm activity. Take 200 mcg daily. Zinc: A deficiency in zinc, common in Americans, is associated with male infertility. Supplementing improves sperm activity and impregnation rates. Take 50 mg daily. Arginine: This amino acid improves sperm counts. Take 4 g daily with food.
    Last edited by Jodsan; April 24th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.

Morning ladies--POAS= I can't believe it.... I guess now that I wasted the test AF will show for sure Guess all that's left is to just wait and see what happens.

Jodsan - brilliant work re: healthy sperm research. I think it is good for DH to have something like this happen (indirectly) because hopefully he will be more focussed on taking his vitamins every day, not just 'every day he remembers'. I too have read that Vit C and Zinc are good. I think my DH needs to exercise more too. Am going to have a good search myself over the long weekend - will compare notes.

jen - good luck for testing tomorrow. Hope it's a BFP for you

plc - hmmm mood music. We made a special cd for our wedding guests with 20 of our fav songs on it so when I listen to that I kind of go all mushy mushy & sentimental.

Emmylou - am & pm, you're sure to catch the egg this month. GL

issy - are you on a clomid cycle again this month? GL, hope you catch the egg this month too.

and for everyone.

jen - Sorry about BFN - but until af arrives....
    Do you feel like she's coming? Never know, might just be too soon.

Hi girls,

AJC - No im not on clomid this month, my script ran out so its alnatural this month for me. I do ovulate without it, so hopefully it will be ok My hormone imbalance seems to have sorted itself out, so will see how we go.

Jen - sorry to hear about the bfn...still, you never know, until AF shows up, anything can happen!!!

AFM - Im off to bed soon.... nudge nudge Lets hope we can catch this eggie!

to everyone,

Issy

AJC--The only thing I really feel right now is my bb's are still tingly. Never got that with AF before, but obviously it can't be b'cuz I'm pg, or the test would've been positive. I just wish we would've got more in when my fertile days changed on my calendar. Looking at my chart, we only BD'd 6 days out of the whole month! That's less than usual! I feel like I'm working backwards.

oh jen - you sound really down. 6 days is still a good shot at it, the first time we fell pg we (I'm almost embarrassed to admit) only bd once that month - once total . And the day I got the BFP for that pg I did one test in the morning which was BFN, then I did another that afternoon which was a BFP.

The heartache of it all. that's it's just too early.

I must say - my bb's never lie, each time I've been pg they have been the most obvious sign.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast