Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #2 April '08

Good Morning to everyone -
    Jen - you sound really positive, sorry you didn't get your BFP, but "glad" that AF finally turned up, now you can sit back and work on this month - and have fun with those baby ducks (sounds noisy but really cute - at least until they grow)

PLC - all the best on the 20th (i know we'll say that over and over) but this one just has to stick (just so you can get really really fat and have a great excuse).

AFM - we'll i'm still waiting for AF, temp dropped 5 days ago and usually AF appears on the 2nd day, don't know what's happening there my cycle is usually so predictable, and yes if done a test and it's BFN, i'll give it to monday and then ring gyno and ask him. I'm okay with it just annoyed that i don't know what is happening

To everyone else lots of i'm not going to mention names as there are too many and i don't want to leave anyone out.

Got to go and start work now, first two children just arrived. Have a good day

hi everyone,

wow, i havent been around for a few days, and there is sooo much to catch up on! Dont think i can keep up with all the personals, but ill try for some!!! Sorry in advance for those i miss...

Jen - the baby ducklins sound cute, might be a nice distraction?
    that so sweet that you have all our names, it really makes each of us feel important. thank you

PLC -fingers crossed for you appointment...

mollycat: its not over till AF arrives...

issy:hmmm, sounding positive! fingers crossed!

jenushka: hope all goes well with your appt and you get the answers you are after.

Canary: sycle buddy, its ok to let your hair down now and then, this journey can be so stressful. please dont feel guilty.

AFM, well, im still 2wwing. For no apparent reason, i am feeling extra positive this month. AF is due wednesday or thursday next week. So, im going to try to get to as close to there as possible b4 i test. Im feeling a bit nauseous, but im not sure if im not just making up symptoms!!! well see...

thinking of each of you, and praying for us all...better add some

see ya!

Jen~How funny that you have baby ducklings and I helped get baby quail back to their nest area today (we have them at the school) so cute!!! Hope you are enjoying them-I LOVE animals!!!

Tina K~Hope your vibes are right and you get a BFP next week! I'll be thinking of you!

AFM~Just realized if I get a BFP this month, it will be on Mother's Day (when AF is due) and I would be due within one or two days of my birthday in January!!! I really hope this is my month-it would be awesome!! Some light pains in side that I O'd on but not too much else yet!

Gotta run an errand for DH-sorry no more persies but hello to everyone!!!

MMTeacher
    Last edited by mmteacher; May 2nd, 2008 at 10:59 AM.

Anyone want any baby ducks? I'm ready for them to be out of my living room! They're so cute, but the pond liner that they're in is taking up half my living room! And I have boxes and pillows around all the edges so the little buggers can't get out anymore! Took a couple to DS's first grade class, and they were a huge hit. Even after class we were bombarded and surrounded by kids (and even moms) all wanting to pet the ducklings, it was pretty cute. If only they weren't so loud!

mmteacher--We also have white doves that we breed, and recently we got some homing pigeons, which we traded for some of our doves. They're still in training, we haven't flown them from anywhere except our backyard. But the idea is that we could drive with it to, say, Arizona, release it, and it would find it's way home. I'm not really sure if that's how it would turn out, but that's DF's theory! your Mother's Day (and the following 9 months) are AF free! That would make for an awesome M's day--but an even better b-day present!!! :goodluck2:

tina k--The ducklings are definitely a distraction! Some distractions are welcome, but when paying bills, the last thing I need is the distraction! I'm a distracted person as it is, so it's really not very helpful! It's great that you feel so positive this month, that could be a great sign! your TWW ends with a BFP!

mollycat--Have you done more than one test? Maybe you just tested a little early? My fingers are crossed for you that you'll get a BFP! AF seems to be very unpredictable this month, that witch!

jenushka--How'd your appt go? You're in my thoughts....

Hope everyone's having a great day! Tomorrow's Friday! (Well, for some of us!) For all you other lucky dogs, have a great Saturday!

I'm definately out - AF just arrived - the horrible witch. At least now it's not too late and thrown me totally out of whack. On to May ... that this is our Month.
    mmteacher .... hope your theory works out, what a great couple of days (and lots in between) they would be
    tina k - thanks for the wishes.....hope your TWW comes out really positive we need more BFP's around here.
    Jen - couldn't you palm off some of those ducklings to the other parents. AF needs to wake up to herself and go away for at least twelve months.

I got great day 21 levels last month, so hopefully this month will work with the tamoxifen. I've got lots of distractions coming up, so maybe that will work too. The builders turned up yesterday and marked out where the piers are going, came back this morning and cut off a piece of wall so they can match the wood, the windows were ordered yesterday and the builders will be back early next week to start building our extension. I am so looking forward to having more space it will be terrific.

mollycat--Sorry about AF--at least you got an answer one way or the other, even if it wasn't the answer that you wanted! Looks like we're cycle buddies now, though! So is it your house that you're extending? That's going to be a definite distraction, it works to your benefit! Hope Flo goes easy on you!

mollycat - sorry about af. GL for this cycle.

jen - the ducklings sound soooo cute. I probably wouldn't say that though if they were in my living room. I hope you find good homes for them.

mmteacher - GL for a Mother's Day BFP!!!

Everyone in the tww - hope the time is flying by and hope you're all feeling really pg and you all get BFP's! ! !

seenabeena - nice to hear from you again but hope you get your BFP very soon! ! !

afm - well I think (hope) today is O day, held off bd for as long as possible (not too long didn't want to risk missing the egg). This month has gone really quickly until now... I guess the next 2 weeks will take forever though. I am feeling good though, have been far more relaxed this month than last.

Will catch up with you all over the weekend....... enjoy ! ! !

Jen - yes, it's our house we're extending - it's a 2bedroom weatherboard, federation style (australian), we're changing the back bit, used to be a verandah before we bought it, but has been closed in years ago, made into bathroom, sunroom and laundry, we're taking it out another 3 metres, having the existing back wall knocked out, building a new laundry with shower and toilet in (for all the kids), bringing the kitchen out to where the laundry is now with a family room attached, the old kitchen will become our bedroom and the old bathroom will become our en-suite.
    It's funny - people often say that when women get together a fair bit their cycles often change and become the same (I know that happens with a few of my friends) obviously it happens in cyber space too.
    AF is never the answer we want but i'm sure when it's our turn with get the right answer (hopefully together)

Exclamation a long hello to all & a silly question about early pg signs (may be gross)

Hi everyone (Can I please join this forum? pretty please!) Thanks in advance!

I lost my angel on 19.04.08 & have been googling since for info on miscarriages & have come across many forums like these from other sites. But today I have finally decided to join BB as I have enjoyed reading from here the most & have found happiness & hope here. I print these out (am i allowed?!?! I aplogise if i've done wrong!) & read them every day. They inspire me.

Hubby & I conceived 2 weeks after our wedding (02 feb 08) & thought it a wonderful wedding pressie to each other. So naive & clueless as to how easy it is lose it - it is my first preg.

We've buried her (don't know for sure, but I reckon she was a she & since a lot of people's been telling me it's a girl) in the garden with a magnolia tree planted - my fav flower.

It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow, and the brown stuff are nearly all gone so we will be ttc straight away! I have been eagerly waiting for this moment...

Hey a quick question to all that may be off-putting & off-topic: so a warning that it's about going to the toilet doing #2s & relation to conception: so if you're not interested then stop reading here...

ok... has anyone noticed the difference in the smell (sorry TMI ) when pregnant compared to not pregnant? I've noticed when I was preggers, even very early on, it smells like I've eaten papaya or pawpaw (but havent) & now that I'm not it's the usual stinky. hahaha sorry if TMI but it's nature so it's normal hey?

So maybe to those thinking they may be preggers - take a big whifful! LOL

Dunno if it's just me or not, but I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me there experiences?

What a way to introduce myself. I'm a bit ashamed & embarrassed but I'm curious to know!
    ttc a mini me #1

AJC--Sounds like you've got some to do! Hope your TWW goes just as quickly as the first half!

Mollycat--Oooohh, sounds great! I need a new bedroom (sigh!) I've too have heard of women's cycles becoming alike--you're obviously right, it can happen in cyber space as well! for us both!

for us all!!

Just wanted to say hi and post a quick one......

Mollycat - i am very sorry about AF - that cow!!! I'm so gonna focus on sending u some super super positive vibes for this cycle -

vanaithi - welcome honey. in all honesty, i have never noticed papaya-smelling poo with any of my pgs. sometimes i wish they would smell like papaya Seriously tho, huge hugs to u and so sorry to hear of ur loss, sweet. I hope u r blessed with a BFP very soon.

jen - i would love a duck but i don't think they can be posted - oh sweet hope u find good homes!! i can only IMAGINE ur living room. GL!!

Thanks again to everyone for all ur support - it is appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

Hello and hugs to everyone I haven't named - i take my hat off to jen for naming everyone, i just cannot compete with her - so lamely I will say ditto to all those names!! u r no less thought of

Default Thanks PLC1805

GOODLUCK & ALL THE BEST TO YOU THIS TIME ROUND! I HOPE YOURS WILL BE THE STICKIEST & HEALTHIEST, & THAT MANY MORE WILL SOON FOLLOW! I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU, & EVERYONE TTC AT OUR TEMPLE THIS SUNDAY!

Hi Ladies,

Just an update on my appt this morning - the good news is we were given a reason as to why our bub didn't make it. Testing shows that our angel had turners syndrome (a chromosomal disorder - very common cause of early pregnancy loss), and therefore was a little girl. Feeling pretty sad today, but had expected to because it naturally has brought everything to the surface again. DH put it an interesting way - he said its kind of like a scab thats healed over a wound, that then gets bumped and starts bleeding/hurting again. A bit gross, but the perfect analogy!

Ob has referred us to a genetic counsellor mainly so we can ask all the questions we want, but also to try and give us peace of mind (as much as possible) for next time around. We see him next wed afternoon.

Jen (ducks! how random) and tina, thanks for your very kind thoughts. Hope everyone else enjoyed their Fridays - its another long weekend here - woohoo!!

Have to go make dinner now so have run out of time for more personals - I am thinking of all of you, and so grateful that this forum exists!

Hey jenushka - glad u got some answers but it sure does hurt doesn't it? There will be times ahead where it will hurt some more but hopefully it gets a little easier to cope with each time for u.

Thanks Vanaithi - ur prayers are truly appreciated

to everyone else!!

hi and welcome to vanathi, sorry for your loss. not much happening here ,i have been very stressed and now i am waiting for AF , due on tuesday, fingers crossed.
    hi to everyone else

Did you miss me yesterday?

vanaithi...welcome...so sorry for your loss...I can't recall ever smelling like papaya unless I had just misted on some bath & body works... I hope your stay is short and sweet...goodluck TTC

All the other wonderful ladies...I hope your doing great BUT my desk is piled high since I played hooky yesterday...so no personals right now...

Vanaithi-- and, of course,we'd love to have you join us here-- although we'd all prefer to not have to be here at all! I'm so very sorry for your loss, and I truly feel you've come to the right place for support! I was just like you, just waiting for that first cycle to end so you can start TTC right away! Um... my poop smells like roses, thank you very much! j/k--really wish my poop smelled that sweet! I have this mental image of everyone taking big whiffs of their poop--papaya? Um, no... but check out all that corn.... I'm so sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me this morning! See, no worries, you fit right in here! All kidding aside, aside from why you're here, I'm glad you're here! Hope your stay is short and sweet on your TTC journey.

Do have a little sad news about the ducklings this morning.... Only 1 left! All the others passed away during the night. The last one I was able to hand feed this morning, several times now, and she also drinks water from me. She's (don't know this for sure, I'm just calling it a she) wrapped in a towel asleep on my lap right at this moment. I feel so bad, I think it's just because they were so young, and we had to move them because the spot they were located at was in the area where the electric company was working all day yesterday. There were huge trucks right there where they were, and not only that, there's a black cat named Panther that lives right next door and patrols the yard daily. I'm so glad there's still 1 alive, and that it's eating and drinking!

jenushka--So sorry to hear about your news... I truly hope it will help you find closure. DH's analogy really was perfect. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all your questions are answered at you appt. next week.

bettyboop--Sorry to hear you've been stressed, hun. Really was good to hear from you, though! My fingers are crossed for you!

smilanatu--I missed you yesterday!!! Hope you did something fun while playing hooky yesterday! Unfortunately anytime you play hooky from anything there's always tons of work to make up--you should see my living room floor since I played hooky from vacuuming yesterday! Have a great day!

plc--Hey baby mama! Calm, relaxed, and positive.....(oh, and sticky too, of course!).... these vibes are coming via cyber space..... Can you feel them?

mollycat--Hey cycle buddy, sorry again about AF, she's actually going very easy on me so far, knock on wood... Hope she's going just as easy on you!

AJC--Hope all those caught that egg!

Issy--How's those nips today? lol.... I'm praying hard for you, hun!

Hugs for everyone--sorry for those not mentioned, but you're always in my thoughts! Good luck, positive sticky vibes, and baby dust to all!

Hello to all of you wonderful ladies!
    Reading this forum is like getting a big hug. I always feel cheered up and suported when I come here, so thank you all.

Vanaithi - Welcome! I am sorry to hear of your loss. You were not being naive and clueless when you fist became pregnant. I can think of a handful of my friends who became pregnant and announced it really early to those around them- and of course, went on to have happy and healthy pregnancies. It is perfectly natural to assume that all will be well, which I am sure is how it will be with your next BFP.:goodluck2: As for the poo question- sorry, but I cant say that I shared the same experience, you did make me giggle, though!

Tina- Hiya Cycle buddy! I wondered where you had been. Glad to hear that you are feeling so positive about this month- let's keep our fingers and toes crossed

Jen- Ha, ha at your duckies!! It sounds like you are going to have some pet ducks to add to your menagerie (sp?)

Jenushka- big re: your results. I hope that the counsellor can help to answer some of your questions. GL for Weds.

Mollycat: Sorry about AF, GL for this cycle.

AJC: Hope that you caught the eggy!

mmteacher: Mothers day is in March in England, I thought you'd got you dates wrong for a minute there! I hope that you get the Mother's and b'day pressies that you want this year.

plc- Hi Hun, how are you doin'? Really, try not to worry about no symptoms 'cos A) You tested really early, didn't you?- so your hormone levels might not be high enough for symptoms yet. B)Plenty of ladies dont get symptoms early (e.g Nickster, I hope she doesnt mind me using her name here) and C) Symptoms are not really a very good indicator of a sticky bub anyway. Oh, and D) We all KNOW that this one is going to be sticky! There, I hope that you will stop worrying now and go and put your feet up!

AFM- I have realised that AF is due on the anniversary of my grandad's death. Maybe he will send me a BFP? Well, if he doesnt, I wont hold it against him! We are off camping this weekend and the weather doesnt look very dependable. I really hope that it doesnt rain!

Bye for now! to all.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast