Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss - August 2006 #2

Hi Girls,

Jayne, Im so glad that all is ok with the little bean, I told you so, but i do know what its like, all of us now in this thread will now not be able to enjoy our pregnancies to the full as we know what its like to experience a loss, its hard and we are on tender hooks the whole time waiting for it to happen again, rest assured now that bub's is healthy and growing stronger by the day!!!

Lisa, awww for you bf, what a sad & worrying time it must be for her right now,she is lucky to have you there as a bf to help her through it, keep chugging down those herbs girly!!!

Kristy, so sorry AF has arrived for you, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you next cycle!!

Well i don't get to wrap up a pee stick for DH for his birthday ( unless he wants to see a BFN!) im hoping its early as im having the strongest vibes that i am, just going by my mega sore boobs, feeling waves on nausea at times aswell as mild waves of af cramping and heaps of creamy cm, you guys are the only ones i have told that i feel this way as im sick of getting everyone's hopes up in my family, so just had to let out my symptoms, but they could be all in my imagination!!! Will just have to wait and see!!!

Oh Kristy,

So sorry af arrived for you hun. I hope she is kind to you this month, and then disappears for the next 10! You are not a failure - do you hear me? You are a truly strong and amazing woman who has been through and withstood so much. We are the women who will be blessed with angels in heaven and babies here on earth. Sometimes we must experience the worst pain before we can have true happiness. Such is our fate. Together we will all get through this and have our very own sweet bundles of joy to bring that happiness and fulfilment into our lives. Until then, please find comfort in knowing that you are not alone and you can come here and vent and cry and all the other things you need to do.

Sending loads of your way

take care of yourself hun,

Lisa

Hi Ladies,

I'll do personals a bit later on because I have a snuggle-bug curled up on my lap and it's quite difficult to type atm!

But I wanted to express a HUGE thankyou to everybody who asked about me yesterday and those who even stayed up late last night to receive my post. You have no idea how special that made me feel and how cared for. I'm truly blessed to have you ladies a part of my life. I'm so grateful that bubs was happily going about his/her business, completely unawares of the stress it had placed on my head and heart in the last couple of days!

I'll drop back in later to do some personals while Miss Madam is asleep.

Love to you all.

Jayne

Hi Shell,
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you matey. Your symptoms sound good, and im sure they are NOT in your head cause you have a little bean growing inside. Im praying for you too. IKWYM about not saying anything to anyone but us. I think we are all the same in that respect!

Sending loads of pg vibes your way...

Lisa

Hey Ladies,

Shell - The creamy CM is a good sign as far I can see. I have had creamy CM the whole way through and it's only just stopped. If I didn't know I was pg, I'd think I was O'ing the whole time through! I know somebody else was posting about the same thing yesterday. I"m so hoping that it is too early to test, don't have a drink tonight JIC!

Lisa - I've been thinking about you & your gf. I'm so sorry she's going through this. I don't want to make you even more upset, but when I had the first lot of spotting 4 weeks ago, one of the things that the sonographer checked was that the sac & the bubs were matching in their gestational age. She said sometimes bubs stops growing, but the sac continues to mature. I"m really hoping that all works out well for your gf. I'm sure she realises what a support you've been to her and that she's very grateful. It could be that bubs is curled up really tight, because at this stage, you can't really identify much on the scan except for the shadow which is bubs and the flicker of the heartbeat.

Saph - Listen here lady *very stern face right now* you are NOT a failure and I don't like hearing you talk this way! You're one truly inspirational woman and I know it feels as though things aren't happening atm but I think you might have placed too much on yourself. You have said you'll stop TTC for a few months so that you wouldn't be due around Amy's EDD, so you must have put an enormous amount of pressure on yourself to be pg before now. Maybe that's why things haven't turned out how you wanted? You're such a wonderful person and it's not your fault that Amy has grown wings, maybe look at it as though Amy was much too good for this world and was called to a greater place?

Belle - I used to always get a faint second line on the OPK's and it seriously messes with your head. Keep up the testing every day and the line should get REALLY dark and that's your green light girl!!!

Tanya - How long are you going to hold out until you test? I"m really hoping for you sweets!

Sarah - Sorry for keeping you up last night honey! I'm sure you DH understands! PMSL!

Kelly - As I wrote to Shell, I got the increased CM right before I found out I was pg and it's only just starting to stop. It's like I was coming up to O allllllll the time! I'm really hoping this is what's happening with you too!

Me - WEll I have been a busy girl, mopped, swept and vacuumed the whole house, tidied up Jessica's toys for the 5th time today, done some washing and wiped over all the bench tops! I'm going to go and light my candles now and chill out.

Love ME

Hi Everyone!!

I hope all is wonderfully well. I'm going to try and do some personals, so here goes!!

Kristy - I'm so sorry to hear af arrived I know it's hard and feel free to vent as much as you like. That's what we're here for. Sending lots and lots of very big your way!

Shell - Stay positive honey, things are sounding really great for you this month!! I'm praying for a BFP really, really soon. I know how you feel about getting people's hopes up. I'm secretly feeling a little positive about things this month too but don't want to say anything and get everyone's hopes up (including my own). I am feeling a bit nauseous, crampy and tired but it might just all be in my head. I just feel a little 'different'. It's all too much!!

Jayne - You're so welcome, that's what we're here for and we all completely understand how you must have been feeling yesterday. Take care!

Lisa - You and your herbs make me laugh everytime!! I love that your DH is so into it all - it's just beautiful and all sounds so positive. I'm sure you'll get that BFP before you know it!! I'm so sorry to hear about your bf though. My thoughts are with the both of you. I'll keep

Belle - Best of luck this month - I hope you work out the OPK's and your temperature - it does all sound a bit confusing!! I'm sure you'll get the two lines very soon - then enjoy all the BD'ing!!

Michelle - Good on you regarding Caitlyn's urn - it sounds beautiful and I'm a strong believer in doing whatever makes YOU feel better during difficult times and if people don't like it or can't appreciate it, then that's their problem!! I hope you've started feeling better too!!

Sarah - Hows the tww going? I'm finding it really hard and have only just started really getting back into it too!!

Kate - How are you going? I hope work's not getting to you too much!! I'm so with you in regards to the month going fast - best of luck for the BFP and the big O!! I hope you catch the little egg this month!!

Sez - I've completely lost track of where you're at and how it's all going???

Beccy - Thanks for your message and take care!! I hope all is going well and I sooo hope that some of us join you in the PAML thread SOON!!

Tanya - I'm with you in trying to hold off as long as possible to test but will probably do one on the weekend!! Best of luck for the rest of your tww - itsn't it crazy how we overanalyse everything - it's driving me completely mad!!

Keen - Where are you??? We haven't heard from your for a while - I do hope everything is ok? Please let us know how you're going??

Well then, I think I covered everyone It's just so hard to keep up - I ran out of colours and everything!!!

As for me (and as I mentioned above) - I'm feeling secretly positive about things but am too scared to admit it. I'm setting myself up for a really big fall but I've been feeling nauseous for the last couple of days, crampy and have been getting a funny feeling in my upper stomach (which I remember getting last time I fell - I really can't describe it though). Probably all just in my head - the power of the mind and all!! I haven't noticed any difference in the good old bb's, so I don't want to get too excited. I desperately want it to happen though and am really scared about how I'll react if it doesn't!! I didn't want to be like this but just can't help it. I also have to remember that I was away around the time of O, so I don't know why I'm feeling so god damn positive about it all!!! What's wrong with me!!!!!!!

Kelly xxx

There is nothing wrong with you at all Kelly - its good to feel positive and can have a great effect on our bodies when our minds are so well balanced! Each month has been different for me, positive then negative, positive and ok with af showing, then devastated at other times, so its much like being on a roller coaster ride and right now your on a high, praying that it continues and you get that bfp at the end of this ride!

Jayne - thanks hun I too am worried about my friend and that the bubs wont make it, but I havent said as much to her. Im trying to be positive but I dont want to over do it and get her hopes up really high either. I hope your right and the little bean is just tightly curled. You think they will be able to see more on thursday's scan? She should have been almost 9wks on Thursday but will now only be 7.5wks.

Thanks for praying for her gals, it means alot to me

*Beccy* Guest

I just had to pop back in and see how everyone is travelling....(there are SO many of you in here...I am having trouble keeping up with where everyone is)! Please forgive my lack of personals.

KellyM ~ thanks for the hello cheer. I loved the post about the funny feeling in the upper belly. Sounds good to me. I can tell you that I had no symptoms whatsoever except I had this funny kinda pain up high in my tummy and if I ate something bland (like pikelets) it would disappear...it is one of those *unmistakeable feelings* that tells me when I am pg. My fingers and toes are crossed for you hon!!

Goldilocks ~ you are a true inspiration. You show such determination and courage in TTC again. I was a scary-cat and stopped TTC for 12mths. I applaud you honey....I can't wait to read about your BFP...I know you will fall again quickly!

Lisa ~ I too am thinking of your friend...I truly hope it all works out well for her! When I had my first scan with this baby there was only a sack and we couldn't see anything in it. I was supposed to be 7wks...1 week later...there was the hb...I must've O'd really late in my cycle and so the OB put my dates back 2wks. I hope this is the same for your friend!

Saph ~ You are not a failure honey..far from it. It takes alot of courage to TTC and more strength to TTC after a m/s or loss. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I know it sounds easy to say ... but Jayne is right, it sounds like you've put so much pressure on yourself. Try to relax and keep thinking positively....positive thought is very powerful.
    I kept saying to myself over and over at night "my body is healthy, I'm ready to be pregnant, I will be pregnant soon". And, it only took 1 cycle to fall with this baby. It took DH and I over 2yrs to fall with DD. (A total miracle for both children, because blood test results showed that I am supposed to be infertile and unable to conceive children at all)! Positive thoughts honey!

Shell ~ I still have my fingers crossed for you this month honey! How are you feeling today?

I don't mean to forget about anyone ! Wishing you all tremendous success this month! This thread needs a big clean-out!!! lol.

Take care
    Beccy

First of all Saph - you are NOT a failure But ... I know exactly how you feel. You feel like it is the one thing everyone else seems to be able to do but you can't. You feel like you have let your DH down by not being able to *cook* your baby and then you feel like you've let them down again by not being able to get pregnant. My gorgeous DH gave me a special way of looking at it after Caitlyn was born. She was a cake that just didn't rise. There was nothing wrong with the oven, the ingredients were good, but occasionally your cake just doesn't rise ... but you didn't do anything wrong!!!! A big hug for you and I hope you feel better soon.

Shell - I so hope you have a positive pop up for you in the next few days

Kelly - thank you for your lovely comments about Caitlyn's urn. And I am feeling better too!!

Lisa - thank you too!! I have everything crossed for your friend (until the weekend when I need to uncross things!!!)

Belle - ooooh, you and I (along with Lisa) are just about on cycle together!!! I can tell what we will all be up to on the weekend!!!

A big to everyone else.

As for me - acupuncture today gave me a GREAT technique for supressing my cough which is just wonderful!! Flu is getting better (finally) with just an annoying cough still there. Just waiting to O and then the TWW for an additional torture. What's a girl to do!!!

Posted at the same time Beccy!! It is so nice to have you back here more often!!

*Beccy* Guest

Thanks Michelle, I never want to upset anyone posting while I am pg....but I just love this thread, everyone on here is genuine, kind and really caring about other women's needs and worries while they're going through the TTC journey! It's very refreshing and I think I needed to take another sip..lol.

So, am I reading right, you are trying acupuncture to help TTC? Sounds very interesting!

Beccy

Yep - have been having acupuncture since about 3 weeks after Caitlyn was born (as well as doing herbs - although I have been slack with the herbs and have missed the last month of acupuncture). Initially it was just for balance and gettting strong again. NOW it is for the TTC (although it is all a frustration at the moment). I am also on clomid (5th cycle) and trying to go back to the gym if the flu leaves me. I have this cycle and the next before ???????? Not sure what the next step is and whether we will go any further or if we will wait for a while. I am running out of years at the moment.

There is lots of literature supporting the use of traditional chinese medicine to support / assist conception so I am hoping it will work for me.

So ... we get pregnant soon so I can just worry about that instead

Miss Kitten Guest

Morning all,

How are we all today? It's HUMP DAY!!! YAY Come 12 o'clock on we are on the downhill run for the rest of the week...WOO HOO...

First things first...Cycle day 8...temp is rising...today 36.8 (not doing FF cos I'm a cheapskate...I downloaded a freebie in excel from another site). They've been slowly going up since AF arrived then departed. I'm really hoping that this month will be our month. It seems that I can conceive quite 'easily' it's just the matter of making it cook...and I like the phrase Michelle used...the right ingredients etc, the cake just doesn't rise. Well this time, I'm hoping that when the time is right, it will all blend together to just the right consistency, then all I will have to do is cook in a moderate oven for 9 months then deliver on a platter...lol

So are there any BFP's that should be reported yet? Are there any mass testings going on?

I'm hoping to duck back in here later this morning, if not, after lunch to check up on you guys. Hope you all have a great morning.

Much love & hugs,

Kate x.

Good Luck Michelle!!

Beccy, we don't mind you popping in at all

Kell, it's great that you are feeling positive. It's funny, but feeling positive is a hard thing to do. GL for when you test.

Saph, I am soooo sorry Af showed up! It's so hard not to feel so horrible every time it happens

Shell, sorry about the BFN! I hope you get those two lines soon!

8DPO today I am going to try and hold out till 12 dpo (sunday) to test, AF is due then and I will have a lot less on my mind so I think I will be doing well to get that far...lol

BBL

Tanya

Good Morning Girls,

Well should i start with never underestimate the power of intuition!!!!

As i had suspected all week, i finally got a nice clear :eek: !!!!!
    Its faint but clearly there if that makes any sense at all!
    The funny thing is that im not in shock because i really did feel that i was, a very strange thing, its funny how the mind & body works!

Im totally overjoyed as considering we were not really trying, I think the vitex and the whole "we are not trying" idea were what got us here!
    But in saying so im very nervous as to what the next 36 weeks will unravel, im hoping it does not end the same way as the last pregnancy, must stay positive i suppose!

I just had to let you all know as you have all been such a strong support for me over the last 8 months, im so hoping that all of you can move along with me!

Be back later to do personals, im just too excited right now!

OH MY LORDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT SHELL? I JUMPED ON HERE EARLY THIS MORNING BECAUSE I JUST *KNEW* THAT YOU WOULD POST YOUR BFP TODAY! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THRILLED FOR YOU GORGEOUS GIRL!!!!! YAY! I'M SO HOPING THAT YOU'RE THE BEGINNING OF A LOT OF BFP'S.

This is the best news ever! You know, I think I might even go a bit crazy today and get my hair wet at Jessica's swimming lesson! PMSL!

Love Jayne & Bubs

Jayne - you are such a funny girl PMSL Go get wet in the pool

Shell - I am soooooo happy for you. OK - that's 2 Michelle's gone. Now I think it must be MY TURN!!!!!!!!!! I want to confuse them in PAML too. But seriously (although wanting to join you is serious) I am just so very happy for you. Well done chicken!!

P.S. A belated birthday present for DH!!

Jayne, pmsl at you getting you hair wet at jessica's swimming lesson,If thats how excited you get over my BFP, i would have loved to have seen you when you got yours!!!!

Thanks Michelle, Yes you are definatley the next one to move, i also want to confuse all in paml, that would be sooo much fun!!!

Oh i also forgot to add that Kazzy's booties have been under my pillow since she sent them to me a couple of months ago.......so maybe it was that that did the trick!!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast