Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss - August 2006 #2

Melinda Guest

Lightbulb Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss - August 2006 #2

Welcome to August! Here's wishing everyone much success over the coming months & loads of BFP's to be found in here.

To have any of your details included in this thread or modified in any way, please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Melinda [email protected]
    Kirsty [email protected]
    Cailin [email protected]

We will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Please note that if you have not participated in the monthly thread for a period of 30 days, your details will be removed.

Member:
    State:
    CD:
    My previous cycles:
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes:
    Angel Babies:

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

CD current as at 27/08/2006

Member: Hindonly
    State: QLD
    CD: 33
    Previous Cycles: 26
    FF Link:
    Medication: Folate
    Notes: TTC again after 3rd miscarriage
    Angel Babies: 3 ~ Sept 2003; Sept 2005; June 2006

Member: kellym
    State: WA
    CD: BFP!!!
    My previous cycles: All over the place!
    FF Link:
    Medication: Elevit
    Notes: TTC #1 since January 05 & m/c at 10 wks in May 05
    Angel Babies: 11/5/06 at 10 weeks

Member: LisaL
    State: VIC
    CD: 12
    Previous Cycles: 30, 30, 30
    FF Link:
    Medication: Elevit
    Notes: TTC July '05 - break after loss & TTC again since Feb '06
    Angel Baby: 9/12/05 at 7.5wks (ectopic)

Member: Moglie
    State: VIC
    CD:
    Previous Cycles: 28, 27 (m/c)
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes:
    Angel Baby: 1 (9/06/06)

Member: Naomi54
    State: South Australia
    CD: Taking a little break for a while
    My previous cycles: 28 - 54 - 35 - 45 - 35
    FF Link:
    Medication: Folic Acid
    Notes: TTC #1 for 6mths, m/c @6wks
    Angel Babies: 16/01/2006

Member: Pautiric (Nic)
    State: ACT
    CD: On a break
    My Previous cycles: Ever changing
    FF Link: http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/89fe3
    Medication: Metformin, Elevit, contraceptive pill
    Notes: 5 x Clomid, 2 x Puregon, 2 x natural... Lap/hyst/dye/D&C/ovary drilling on April 10th ~ normal
    Angel Baby: 07/01/05 @ 14 weeks,12/07/06 @ 8 weeks, 6 x "early pregnancy failures"

Member: Shazey
    State: QLD
    CD: On a break until 2007
    My previous cycles: 21 - 28 - 32 - 38
    FF Link:
    Medication: Vitamins
    Notes: Preparing for IVF ICSI #3 2007
    Angel Baby: Feb 93 @ 6weeks ~ ectopic; removal of right tube, Feb 03 @ 5weeks ~ ectopic; removal of right stump, May 03 @ 6weeks ~ ectopic; removal of left tube.

Member: Shellstar76
    State: NSW
    CD:
    My previous cycles:
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes: TTC #2 for 6months, Miscarried @ 11.5 weeks
    Angel baby:18-01-2006

Member: Tanya
    State: Vic
    CD: 33
    My previous cycles: 33, 29, 32 ,26 ,28 ,29 , m/c, 29, 28, 27
    FF Link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cee3
    Medication:
    Notes: Suspected cp on the 28/1/06
    Using supliments (Potassium and sodium) and following a 'boy' diet
    Angel Babies: 2/05/06 @ 8w2d

Melinda Guest

The last thread is here guys.

Hope you are all travelling well and that we see MANY graduates to the PAML thread shortly!

Keen sweetheart, I'm so sorry about your temp drop - I just hope it's a faulty thermometer or something!!!

*Beccy* Guest

Hi Everyone

Just a quick message to see how Keen is going today? I am hoping that the temp drop is just a faulty thermometer!! Best of luck honey!

Jayne ~ honey, how are you feeling today? How is the pain in your side? Sounds like you've pulled a muscle .... all those things are stretching and moving at your stage!!

Just wanted to sprinkle some babydust around to everyone! Hope you're all having a great weekend...and I can't wait to see you all over in PAML!!!

Luv Beccy

Id love to think that it is a fault thermometer but i just took my temp again and it is now .2 above what it was this morning, so seems to be working...

So who is in the running out there? Who remains in the 2ww?? Sending to you all!!

Keen, I am sorry about your temp drop but i do hold hope with all the symptoms that you have been having. I really hope that things change for you and you get that BFP but we are here for you regardless, hang in there...I wish you the BOL for the next couple of days.

Sez, I am really glad that i am able to give you hope....and i am really glad that you are having a 'good' day today....I dont mind you asking anything about Katelyn or Lucy, i am an open book as they say but to answer your question about whether things improved for me in the worry stakes after i was 18 weeks pregnant...well the answer is yes and no...Yes i was very pleased to be past the point that we found out that Katelyn had passed away and i think about 23 weeks or so i really started to think that just maybe we would make it this time, the thing is that its so terrible when we lose a baby and we never ever want to experience that loss again under any circumstances so we remain afraid of having to face that again (which i dont think i could do). I have thought about this alot lately as i thought i would be alot better with the fear next pregnancy because i had Lucy so i "knew" that i could get a baby safely out but bloody hell i am still afraid of losing one again in any circumstances. Like i said that fear will always stay with you HOWEVER you will enjoy your next pregnancy yes there will be good and bad days with the worry much the same as it is with dealing with our grief but you will still get alot of joy out of feeling pregnant again, this is just how it was for me though it might be totally different for you. Like i said to Jayne the other day i had days with Lucy's pregnancy that i was pretty much paralysed with fear and then i had days where i thought that everything was perfect and the baby (we didnt know she was a girl until she was born) would make it. When Lucy was born by ECS it was just the most magical moment to look at her and hear her cry - that was all i wanted a baby to be born crying and i just felt as though i could finally breath again, i have described the time in between having Katelyn and Lucy as if i felt that i was just holding my breath and then when Lucy was born i got a huge Lungfull of air. Lucy's birth will never make anything ok about Katelyn's passing and im sure you have gathered that Katelyn is still very much a part of my life that i cant leave behind, she was my daughter too and will always have my heart. I guess the thing that i clung onto was that i was taking Clexane (an injectable blood thinner) during the pregnancy which i hadnt done with Katelyn (because i didnt know that i needed it) so i just kept thinking that it couldnt happen again..Sorry i seem to be going on a bit here but i just want you to understand that you WILL get that bouncing baby and then you will look back on this time which at the moment feels like everyday is going on forever and think where did all that time go...its over 2 years since i had Katelyn and it sometimes feels like another lifetime and then other days it feels like it was yesterday. I think the basic thing is chat to us about all your feelings because like i have said before we have all probably had much the same thoughts and fears at one time or another. I hope that this helps answer your question.

Jayne, How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else and sorry for the long post.

Love Sarah xx

PS i have been asked to become a Sids and Kids contact for my area and i have agreed but i cant do the training course until March next year and i am a bit nervous about how i will go with some calls in the meantime...do you guys think that i am cut out to be able to help someone? I really need some confidence on dealing with people at such a devastating time in their life? So if you guys have any thoughts or advice for me it would be much appreciated.

Sarah I think you are more than appropriate to help people experiencing a loss. You have been an immense support to me just by acknowledging the feelings that are perfectly normal (but are also the ones that make you feel like you are losing the plot) and making me feel normal about *holding* my Caitlyn. You will be fine but also allow yourself to acknowledge that you may not be the best support for others when you get pregnant again. You know what emotions you experienced while pregnant and when it happens again you may need to step back and be supported rather than supporting.

Keen - I am so sorry your temperature dropped. As you did, I had high hopes this cycle and it is so devastating. Sending you big hugs.

I am having such trouble keeping up at the moment with work and feeling like [email protected] so I apologise for no real personals. The other reason is the number of us at the moment - BIG clearout to PAML is needed. They will be running out of participants soon.The flu is still hanging around and it's quite yucky - problem with working with germy patients.

Lisa - we are still (roughly) on cycle together so hang on and we'll send some extra prayers upstairs (and talk to those angel babies of ours quite sternly) about sending us another blessing. We (and many of the others) are quite overdue!!! LOL at you dreaming of me. Maybe you should tell me what I look like in your dream to see how psychic you are

Me - just finished the next session of clomid (and gained a renewed experience of WHY I take the damn things at night) I had to work night shift so the side effects of nausea and hot flushes was not a pleasant thing to be experienced while at work. I'd rather sleep through the yucky bits. I *apparently* looked like [email protected] and even got some suggestions as to what my colleagues would do to me if I happened to faint (NOT LIKELY!!!!!!) So ..... ovulation about this time next week and fingers crossed for a positive outcome. Had all the good intentions of the gym out the window - can't stop coughing for long enough to exercise!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Yeah its getting WAY to crowded in here and harder and harder to keep up with personals because, so sadly, there are so many of us - time for a massive flock exit!

Hi Girls

Sorry I've been quite a bit lately (like the whole TWW) just been busy and not really trying to think of the TWW etc.

I've successfully had my longest LP since having Amy (yay!) and now just waiting for either a BFP or AF lol..... You know which one I would prefer. My temps are fluctuating a bit going up and down and up and down so driving me crazy...

12 DPO Today.

ooohhh fingers crossed Kristy. I hope you get your BFP. When are you testing???

im out guys AF arrived this morning...

hope there is some good news in here soon - you ladies certainly deserve it.

Awww Keen, matey, I am so sorry AF turned up. HUGE

Big Big hugs Keen....surely at least one of us in here has to get a BFP sooner or later..xxxx

Keen - I am so sorry. Sending you big hugs.

Hi Everyone,

Keen - I'm so sorry to hear af arrived Not the news we all wanted to hear but hang in there and stay positive for next month!

Sarah and Sez - wow Sarah, thanks so much for the post to Sez - it was incredible. I've been feeling very much the same as you lately Sez. I also fell pg relatively quickly last time and I guess there's additional pressure now to fall quickly again and it really scares me that it might not happen that way. What if it was just a fluke and what if it takes ages to fall again? Then when I do, I'm going to be absolutely paranoid. It's all a bit much at times but it's just so great to have people in the same situation and with the same feelings! I have so many friends that are now starting the ttc journey and as much as I want it to happen for them, it's going to be really hard on me if it happens for them before it happens to me. I don't mean to sound selfish when I say that and when I read it back, it makes me sound like a horrible friend!!

Kristy - Fingers crossed you get a BFP very soon - we certainly need some in here - I'm still having so much trouble keeping up!

Everyone Else - I'm so sorry but I just can't keep up with everything so I'm wishing everyone else all the very best and sending lots and lots of *babydust* to you all!!

As for me - still waiting and praying for a BFP and just don't want to get my hopes up. Have had a couple of pretty hard days, feeling a little down and crappy but I'm sure that will turn around! Take care everyone!!

*Beccy* Guest

Keen ~ I'm sorry to read about AF arriving..she's so naughty! I hope she passes quickly and you get your BFP really soon!

Michelle ~ I have my fingers crossed for you with the next round of clomid. How are you feeling today?

Yes, there has been a big exodus happening in the PAML thread...and a few more to go in the next month or two...so we need more participants ok!!!

I have my fingers crossed for a few of you in the TWW atm....Best of luck!!!

Beccy

Hi Beccy - I still feel like [email protected] from all the coughing. It is *only* a virus but my goodness my head hurts. I am the WORST patient and I hate being sick. It is so frustrating. I was meant to work tomorrow too but I have called in sick already and slept all day today on the lounge. I too have high hopes for this cycle. I am a little over the waiting game and feel that it is about time (hint, hint if a higher entity than me is listening ) Your ticker is moving along nicely - I can't believe you are in the third trimester already!! Seems like only yesterday you were sitting in here with us.

*Beccy* Guest

Michelle ~ I can sympathise with you. I only just this morning complained to DH about how this dreaded flu has been hanging around for over 2 weeks now and I'm getting really sick of it! Yes, it feels like yesterday that I was posting in here! Time is flying along for me. I've had so many birthday's, get-togethers and things to do this year that the months have just flown by.
    I have my fingers crossed for you (and I'm telling the higher entity's) that this is your month! I look forward to hearing about your BFP !! Take care of yourself!

Beccy

Hey Ladies,

Michelle - So sorry to hear you've been ill. I guess you're kinda prone to getting things because you have patients coughing over you all day long. Good idea about calling in sick and spending the day on the couch. I'm sooooooooo that this is going to be YOUR month, my god you deserve it!

Keen - I'm so sorry that AF has arrived. Dammit, I'm sick of being polite, I'm really jacked off that Mother Nature isn't playing the game with you ladies!!!!!!!

Sarah - What an honour being asked to be involved in Sids N Kids. I really think you're the right person for the job, you're kind, understanding, compassionate and easy to talk to. You'll be great at it and the training will only cement that. It wouldn't be easy, I have never known anybody who's lost a child to Sids so I can't even begin to imagine how traumatic it is KWIM?

Saph - Wow, 12DPO. That's exciting, when are you going to test?

Kelly - All of my pg's have happened quite easily too and that's been amazing as I have had a bad case of PCOS and it took my sister 7 years of fertility treatment for her to have my niece. I often feel bad that it's happened so easily for me, but it has happened 3 times, so that's nothing to say it's not going to be the same for you. There is nothing wrong with being envious of friends who may fall pg quickly, you wouldn't be human if you didn't have those 'why not me' feelings. It's just that you're honest enough to say them! Of course you wouldn't go telling those friends who are ttc'ing but it's human for you to think that! Wishing you lots of luck sweetness!

Me - Well I have been spotting again. It happened last night and it was RED blood. Not even enough to get on my clothes, but it was there and it has gone. There has been nothing today or any overnight, so that's a good sign. I have been worried sick, I barely slept a wink last night. I have to have a BT tomorrow anyway so I'm going to call into the Dr surgery and see the m/w and get her to check me out. I do get the doppler tomorrow but I"m told it can be very tricky to find so early, so I'd prefer a little scan in the surgery. I can't see why they won't. I'm so nervous. Part of me thinks it's just another bump in the road but another part of me is screaming 'what if this is it?'. I'll let you all know how I go tomorrow.

Oh yeah - LISA. How are you or are you passed out from the morning vodka shots? LOL!!!

Love JAYNE

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast