Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss March 2007

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss March 2007

Hello everyone. I hope the next few months bring a great emptying out of this thread as you each celebrate a BFP.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Cailin: [email protected] Admin
    MistyFying: [email protected]
    Flowerchild: [email protected]

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.

Out with the old thread, and in with the new. All the best, girls.

Tonners Guest

Hi everyone,
    Bekz, I don't think your dream sounds silly at all. If it was some sort of premonition that there wasn't something right about your last pregnancy then that just means you are in tune with your body and hopefully that will help get you pg next time!
    SaltPrincess it was nice (but sad) to hear that I was not alone on 9th Feb when I lost my little angel. It's such a traumatic thing to have to endure. I reckon the reason you didn't feel as positive as you should have about your OB appointment was because being there just brought it all back. I was supposed to make an OB appointment and I still haven't because I really, really don't want to go back there again so soon. It's all just underneath the surface which is probably why you got upset with that stupid medicare guy. I totally understand why that happened.
    I felt really sad at the end of last week and over the weekend and the memory of the physical trauma came back to me so strongly. All the blood and the needles and the internals and the D & C and all you can think of is that you're losing your baby. I was worried that I was kind of getting depressed about it but then on Sunday AF arrived so that's a good thing. It was just PMT I was feeling. I was sad but happy to see AF so I feel more positive now too, kind of like I have a plan too Bun! I'm going to ttc this month, I don't want to wait.
    Great news about your RE appointment Bun. It's nice to feel a bit in control again.

Tonners

Welcome Leyla glad you could feel you could pop your head in and say hi.. It is a hard journey but all the girls in here help make it a little easier... I hope your journey to your BFP ends soon.

SP that sounds like a good idea at your parents property, we havnt got around to it yet Andrew had a bucks show Sat and we had a lazy day yesterday so we thought we might do it tonight when its cooler.... I really really hope af arrives soon i know how hard it is waiting for it after not wanting it for so long it is weird to want it to come....

Well pretty boring on my front at the moment just temping i have started bding every second day and see what happens and when i o i think i might o early then normal having some signs now but not sure as i have had a few drinks the last couple of nights and unsettled sleeps so not trusting temps....

I hope you all had a great weekend..

Morning girls!!

Kerry - Congrats!!! So glad it is definite now. I love your attitude too - I also want to enjoy every minute of my next pg too, no matter how long it lasts. But I am sure you will have a happy and healthy nine months ahead of you!! Make sure you let us know how you are going.

Leyla - welcome, and sorry to hear about your loss. I also lurked for a while before posting, so felt like I knew everyone too! This is a great place to be and I hope we are a support to you at this time

SP - that's a great idea to plant a tree and garden at your parents place - I love going down south, everything is so beautiful there, it's a great place. I do hope AF comes soon - that is so annoying when you actually want it for a change and it won't come!!

BekZ - I can totally understand dreams like yours - I have this weird feeling that I am meant to have a baby in Nov/Dec this year, as before my first pg, I would always say to DH that we could not afford a baby until that time. In a way I thought that maybe I lost my other two pgs because the time wasn't right, but who knows. I hope your premonition is right!!

Tonners - so glad that AF has arrived, and you feel like you can move on and try again now. Best of luck catching that egg this month!!

Hi to all you other gorgeous girls, I hope you all had a great weekend.

Well, I am now 2DPO, and hoping for the best, although it did take some cajoling to get DH interested!! Usually he is a typical guy (you know what I mean - always keen), but he seems to have a problem feeling like he has to do it at a particular time. He would rather just 'let it happen'. Sometimes I don't think they realise that there is also a small window of possibility each month, and if you don't do it then, it won't 'just happen'! Soooo frustrating.

Hello,

Welcome Leyla, so sorry for your loss. You'll find heaps of support here with all the lovely ladies.

Tonners - yeah AF has finally arrived for you.

Bun - Fingers crossed. How do you feel being back in the TWW? My DH thinks the same way as your DH in regards to "timing" our BDing. He even hates the term BDing, although he is very clucky and wants another bub.

With regards to my dream my mum has also had feelings that I should get pregnant in March, and she had a dream after I lost the baby that my Grandma was playing happily with a little soul, and mum got the feeling that Grandma was ready to send the soul to earth very soon. I trust my mum's dreams when Grandma is involved because she sent her a dream about my DD just before I conceived her. We weren't planning DD at the time because we were just married but for weeks before and after my wedding I just knew I would have a November baby...and guess what???? WE DID, I fell 8 wkks after our wedding. I find that all very freaky. Sorry to crap on.

SP - I think planting a tree is a lovely idea. I have my fingers crossed that miss AF will turn up for you ASAP.

Hi all,

I am new to here. My first pg was a loss last August. Since then if I did get pregnant again it was a blessing but I was going to let it happen when it happened. Now after a few issues have arisen, I have decided to TTC. Just waiting for AF to arrive. Are on day 32 of my cycle and she has not appeared. Did a test this morning but all was negative. Now I want AF to just appear so I can start fresh.
    Good luck this month to all.

Welcome Jenjams - Sorry for your loss hon. Goodluck with TTC again.

Pre-warning of major vent! I've gone from feeling really happy to see those lovely two lines to feeling very p****d off at the moment. I made an appointment to see a doctor at the local medical centre today and had to wait from 5 until nearly 6. The doctor (one of the ones from overseas that now operate out of medical centres out west) asked me when my LMP was and I told him February 6 and he did a double take, looked at the date on his watch and commented it was early to be finding out. I let that go. I told him that I'd had an early pg failure last October and he asked me what blood group I was (A-) and then what blood group my DP is (O+) and said that could be a reason why I can't maintain a pregnancy, although as the other m/c was so early it could have been from other reasons. Then he made me do another pregnancy test and while we both stood and watched the two lines come up, he said it was only just positive and that I'd have to come in to have a blood test done to confirm the pregnancy. He asked me how many lines I'd seen on the HPT (WTF!!). Anyway, if the blood test confirms the pregnancy, I'll have to come back for a pre-natal appointment and have an ultrasound at 15 weeks and at 20 weeks.
    I'm just so glad that I'll be out of here at the end of the year. I just feel like this one's not going to stick now. Even my breasts aren't feeling as swollen. So depressed.
    Oh, and the other reason I went there was to get some antibiotics for a sinus infection. Of course, the pharmacy was shut by the time I left the medical centre so now I have another sleepless night ahead of me. I hate living in the country.
    Sorry for the rant.

Kerry - Hugs to you. Once you get your BT done then push the doc to do some thing about your blood group issue. I really don't know much about this but my friend has a (-ve) blood group and so does her husband and she has to have a injection when she finds out she is pregnant and then another at birth. If you do a search on BB I am sure there would be some information on how different blood groups can effect pregnancy, and I think you'll find there can be some thing done.

Your doc should have told you more information about blood types. I hate how they make statments and then don't explain themselves.

HUGS HUGS and more HUGS

Thanks Bekz. I've had a good cry to DP about what the doctor said and he can't believe that the blood group issue would be the problem. We'll just wait to see what happens. I may get my blood tested tomorrow to confirm the pregnancy, or I may wait a few days. It probably won't make that much difference in the long run. Off to bed now though. Very tired and worn out. With a big day of presentations to do tomorrow...

Kerry, don't let that stupid Dr put negative thoughts into your head. This pg will be fine & sticky & women the world over must have babies to ptrs with different blood types. I think it is called Rhesus or something like that? A friend of mine had a m/c & then two happy healthy boys & she had the blood type issue. Also, symptoms will come & go so don't be overly concerned with your bb's not being as swollen.
    Hope your sinus' didn't give you too much grief last night & that you are feeling better about things today. Hi to all the other girls - BBL to catch up with the rest of you!!

Morning girls,

Kerry - so sorry to hear about that idiot doctor. What's with him saying it's so early to find out - I don't think that's early at all! If you are TTC and AF is late, of course you are going to test and find out! And I bet he probably didn't even know what he was talking about re the blood group thing. Just try to ignore him and stay happy - you're pregnant!!!

jenjams - welcome - sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you the best of luck TTC!

BekZ - what is it with DHs?! My DH is so unbelieveably clucky and wants a baby soooo much, but still has an issue with BDing at the right time. Men are such funny creatures sometimes.

Well, I guess it is a bit weird being back in the TWW again. I am having all these symptoms, like feeling nauseous in the mornings, but it is impossible to have any symptoms now, as I am only 3DPO!! The power of the mind can be pretty amazing sometimes I guess. I don't know whether to think positive or not - with my other 2 pgs, I fell first go, so I guess I am sort of expecting to this time as well, but I know that statistically, as there is only like a 20% chance of conceiving each month, I will probably not be lucky enough to get pg first go again. So part of me expects that I will fall straight away again, and the logical part of me is saying that is very unlikely, and trying to prepare myself for it not happening immediately. Oh well, all I can do is wait I guess!

Hi to all you other lovely ladies,

Bun xx

Leyla sorry to hear about your loss, welcome to our little group (aka family)
    saltprincess I know what you mean about waiting for AF she is due to come knocking on my door Thurs/Fri and this is going to be the only time I will welcome her with open arms, so I hope she gets a move on to your place.
    Tonners welcome to the 'family' as soon as AF has payed me a visit I will be starting TTC right away, I am fairly certain she is on her way as I have had lower back pain, slight cramping and I have been a bit of a "snappy tom" the last few days.
    janeo good luck with the BD'ing and hope your eggie comes early and you manage to catch it.
    Bun I know what you mean about the men not understanding the small 'window of opportunity' each month, the cycle I concieved last my dh commented that bd'ing 2 nights in a row probably wouldn't work, and that he was told at school that there is a whole week in which a girl can get pg, my response was "yeah, honey, that may be the case for young teenagers, but I am 37 and you are 41, it just ain't gonna happen that far away from O'ing" LOL
    BekZ when I got my coverline this cycle it told me that if we had conceived this cycle the baby would be due on my youngest's b'day, I really didn't want another November/December baby, but I just have this gut feeling that I am going to have either a December or January baby. So maybe there was something to your dream.
    jenjams welcome to the 'family' hope that AF doesn't show up and that you end up with a bfp.
    kbowman what an idiot of a Dr, it is just a shame that you can't go to someone else. Try not to get disheartened :hugs: hope you get your BT soon. Hope you still managed to get some sleep last night even with your bad sinuses, mine play up too and can be a real PITA.

I am on 8dpo and having af symptoms, and want her to hurry up and arrive, so then I can tell her to bugger off asap.

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Kerry - How are you hon? Hope your sinus is ok.

Sharon - Good to hear from you. Waiting for AF is like waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve!!!!!

Bun - Try not to stress too much if you don't conceive first go. At least you know that you can get pregnant. When we decided to TTC with the last bub I thought it would only take one month like it did with DD but it took 3 months. The first 2 months were really disappointing and I kinda eased off about TTC in the 3rd month and it happened.

Went to doc today to get results from mineral and thyroid test and all came back clear. Had a really good chat with her today about TTC. She told me to just take it easy for the next 3 months, throw away the thermometer, have sex when we feel like it (I may never get preggers this way though!!!), keep exercising (I have lost 2.5kgs since D and C), get a massage, go on dates with DH and then get serious in a few months.She said when I am more relaxed and not trying to control every aspect of my life then a nice healthy baby should come along. All sounds good in theroy. I also asked her about TTC before AF after a Dand C and she said there is a possibility of conceiving but she does not recommend it because she prefers mums to be to be well rested and recovered before TTC again. Sorry to ramble

SP - Don't worry about your lack of O or AF. Remember your body and soul just went through a major upheaval. The waiting is so very hard (I know!!!!). Be kind to yourself...hugs.

Tonners Guest

SP
    I have a long cycle too (31-33 days) and O late and I have managed to get two babies to this earth so far so I don't this is a sign that you will always have problems.
    Tonners

Thanks for the words of encouragement, they really help. I did go in to have the blood test this morning (almost another hour waiting!!) and have only just got the message back that the pregnancy is confirmed. However, they weren't able to give me the hcg level and the centre secretary said I would need to come back in for more tests to be run. I did another hpt when I got home and unfortunately, it's not coming back any darker and it should be as dark as the control line by now. So...
    Nevertheless, I will TRY to be positive and talk my emby into staying. I think I will need a mammoth amount of sticky vibes.
    Good luck everyone waiting for O, in the TWW and waiting for AF! Sorry for being so self centred with my posts.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast