Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

Kellie - Yay for your sore bust in August I'll explain how today went in my 'me ramble' at the end.

Possum - I did get some nice prezzies.. it was lovely. So relieved to hear your ordeal is finally over. You were so brave, I know I've said it before but your strength through it all was just amazing. I'm not sure what the ethics are on accepting a new job then getting UTD... I mean, as you said, you can't put your life on hold forever. Perhaps you could pass it off as an 'it just happened' kind of thing, and nuts to them if they're angry about it! I say go for it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get pg and wanting to work somewhere you're happier. Enjoy your break and bring on October!

Dory - I managed to resist the urge to flip the bird.. lol. I was gracious, and am proud of myself for making an honourable exit. I'm looking forward to the lack of uninvited advice. You're getting so close now, I'm so excited for you!

Mum22 - Stop temping! It's more stressful than anything. Minnie is right, the result is already set in stone, and temping is only going to make things hard for you. Try to just enjoy every day you're pg, and relax. (easier said than done, I know.) About the BT results, I did some googling and found this. (RESIST THE URGE TO GOOGLE... Let me do it for you ) For where you're at You're above the level for 'low hcg', and just a touch under 'average'. Don't forget though, you tested early, so this is an early result, hun. You're fine! Trust in your doctors. I know it's hard. Honestly it's not so much the number, but the rate at which it increases which is important. (As Reet said) Hang in there! Everything is ok. Sending you some sticky vibes to help you through this rough time.

Minnie - I don't think I exactly enjoyed my day, but rather just got through it. I think the slogan for September should be - Sausage Sizzling September. I couldn't think of anything that rhymed well with September. I guess you could also try 'High Temperature September' It kind of flows... Hmm. I'll have to ponder this one!

Glen - It can be hard to measure stress, and its ability to impact your TTC efforts. Every person is so different, and have different thresholds for stress. As long as you aren't tearing your hair out, crying on a daily basis and feeling like your heart's going to jump out of your chest, I think it's ok. We all have a low-level background hum of stress.

Loops - I wonder if a + saliva test is the same as a + OPK when it comes to pregnancy. I wish I had some OPKs left so I could take one and tell you if it's positive! That's an interesting thought though. Let's hope you're right

Reet - I'm going to be the little devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear and say DO IT! QUIT! Haha.. It's so good to hear you're feeling calmer, I've been sending you relaxy vibes. And your test results are AWESOME. Could it be twins? Oh and I don't really get sore bbs this time around, it's more just scratchy feeling nipples. I keep testing them to make sure they still hurt, LOL. Keep me posted how things are going!

Argh, DP is ready for me to pick him up from work, will be back later to finish my ramblings. hehehe...

Reet Mid Stream Urine. It is just a urine test, supposed to collect the middle part of the wee stream hence the name He he. You will have continual MSU testing throughout pregnancy each time you see a midwife they will test it with a strip and if the strip shows anything then it will be sent off to the lab for thorough testing.

Glenglen- Hang in there time wont take long to pass if you keep yourself busy and try not to think about O'ing until it gets closer. I know it's hard but I truly find keeping my mind as busy as possible is a huge relief in itself. Good luck with catching your egg, hoping your chookies come to the party. Keep your chin up darl.
    Loops12- Bet your DH is going to work everyday with a huge smile on his face with all your DTD...lol.....I hope you catch your egg darl, FX for you.
    Reet- Feeling a bit better today don;t feel so dead on my feet, and congrats on your BT results they are great.
    Kell- Good luck with getting your results back hope all is going great for you and your PG. And I never knew about the progesterone level, I must try to remember that for next time.
    AFM- Not much happening today feeling better thank goodness, and I'm now officially 5DPO...lol.....had a sort of tight feeling on and off today in my pelvic type area right about where I get my O cramps, don't usually get AF cramps any more. Not sure what that is about. Still having those dreams of having a baby last night but last night it was a freaky type dream it was my baby but my sister was having it and I know for a fact my sister won't have any more children...lol....these dreams make me feel like a scatter brain.....lol....

mum22: actually you shouldn't be having continual msu in your pregnancy, i have never had one done and wouldn't expect one unless i had symptoms which required one. *some* places will do a "dipstick" test each visit but then just chucks the urine out unless it the test shows something, again i never had my urine tested as a routine thing on antenatal visits

I did at every single midwifery visit.....I had to take the sample in and hand it over and they would dip in it every single time and 9/10 times it would be sent off for culture anyways and I would never hear back re the results....I figure they woulda called if it was bad half the time and I always knew if I had a UTI. I have just had one when I went to the Dr this week for HCG BT maybe it is different in every hospital/town??? Yup, I get sick of weeing in a cup during pregnancy I might book in at your hospital He he. No, seriously every time I went to my Dr I was expected to do a urine sample then too, and it wasn't just me at the hospital they had a room set up for the purposes of processing urine and blood pressue and there would be 15 odd spec jars sitting on the table with names on them....poor nurse, she woulda felt like she stank of wee after an hour in there

Clairesmummy - thanks, i've got my egg catching net at the ready for next weekend
    i don't know why i bother OPK testing as we are BDing PLENTY at the moment "just in case" and probably also because i'm a bit needy (to feel loved) at the moment. my poor husband. all his friends (all with kids - jealous!) have the opposite problem so aren't very sympathetic to his complaints about him being tired and me jumping on him... ha ha ha.

Reet - are you finding that your fur babies are getting lots more love from you since you've started TTC? i know my little guys are... my hubby even had them on the bed last night for a little bit... let's not make that a habit please.

Forshelby - yes you're right about the background hum of stress... if it wasn't TTC it would be a newborn baby i guess !? lucky us - we get the stress of both in succession

All - how do you answer the question "so when are you going to have a baby/another baby?" I found it secretly amusing when we had just started TTC but now i sometimes feel like snapping "you are old enough to know better than to ask that question!" or just answering "we did get pregnant and the baby died"... it annoys me the most when it's asked publicly by people you don't know that well (eg. workmates).

hugs to you all

mum22: you made me giggle at your comment "its not just me" i had a vision of them saying oh look here comes mum22 lets get her to do a urine sample lol
    there a fair bit of research of these things but i have worked in clinics that test all urine and i know of some who don't do it, certainly not as routine anyway, seems a waste of money to send most of for testing for no good reason, having said that i hope your hcg is going up and you are soon peeing into a yellow top jar at every antenatal visit lol

Glen- LOL- love the egg catching net response that cracked me up, love it. I bet your husband would be complaining more if he wasn't getting to DTD....lol.....I can see all his mates now would be totally envious of him... Oh and I feel for you with the questions about when are you going to have another bub...just on a month ago now my DF was asked how I was going with my PG and we lost the bub back in April,MIL was asked to keep it to herself but no she didn't and DF had to tell 2 ppl we lost the bub and it started my downer again. So next time round I have convinced DF not to tell anybody until after the 12 week mark.
    Mum22- I had to do a lot of MSU tests as well when I was PG with my DD every visit but I think that was because I had Gestational Diabetes and they were keeping an eye on my protein levels. I was so over peeing in a cup...lol....

Me too i had gest diabetes as well always peeing in a cup and im back peeing again not that i mind

got my early scan booked for monday morning the 30th of august - be almost seven weeks so hopefully see a beautiful heartbeat
    i have to drink 500mls and hold my bladder eekkkkkkkkk sounds like torture

Yah forshelby no more work for awhile just relax and bake a bubba. you left with your dignity that's great i would have ***** slapped her on the way out hehe

Reet no more googling stuff hun wont be an eptopic im sure that bubba is snug and implanted in your womb ummmmm i think it can mean twins though maybe you have TWO beans growing in there

sorry to everyone i have missed babydust to all xoxoxoxo

i had gestational diabetes too but no peeing in a cup for me lol im starting to feel i missed out !

forshelby: good you day was ok, you musy be relieved its over now

reet: i'd say with clomid it is more likely twins than ectopic ! (although i think they say its only a 7% chance, but did happen to my friend)

oh kellie im already feeling your pain of having to hold all that fluid in your bladder, i found it so hard to drink especially when nauseous !

So were all in agreeance twins for Reet

Wldnt my hcg levels be higher tho if it was twins??

Ooh i'd love twins!

I'm Sorry, don't have time for persies, it's dinner time and i had a big nap earlier so i have alot to do now!!

Waiting for AF to arrive, Due today. Still BFN's though so i don't know what's going on.

Damprye, 'Use that member in September' is awesome!! haha

BBL xx

my fantastic mummy just told me that she had a miscarriage right before she got pregnant with me, which is lucky as otherwise i wouldn't have been born.

i've never through about it like that.
    weird way to think about it but hard to argue with

Glenglen - It depends on who's asking the question. If they're particularly abrasive about it, tell them the truth, and shut them up for good. Otherwise, you can be vague and say a number of things. 'when we're good and ready' 'soon' 'when are YOU having a baby?' LOL.. be creative with it. I know it's irritating but people mean well. I guess they're only asking because they're interested in what's going on in your life, however frustrating their questions may be.

Kellie - Yay for having a scan date! I'm confused though... I had to drink A LITRE of water and hold it for an hour... wtf. Now that was torture. I was dancing at the counter and the receptionists thought it was very amusing. Turns out I had to have an internal scan anyway and had to empty my bladder for that. Just my luck! All that drinking, holding and jigging around for nothing. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Reet - Your levels are pretty high..... hmmm. I'm wondering if I've made another prediction, LOL. Let's see!

Stoked - Hoping for a BFP for you, hun. It ain't over till it's over.

AFM, Yesterday was a very emotional day. I don't know if it was the fact it was my last day at work, or the circumstances which caused me to quit.... or the pregnancy hormones.... but WOW. I made it to about 10am before I started to blubber. It was kind of funny though, the boss brought out some cheese and crackers for us all to 'celebrate' and I got all emotional. I was crying and laughing hysterically at the same time. He came out of his office and asked if I was ok, and I just giggled and said "this cheese is making me all emotional! Don't bring out anymore food, whatever you do!" We all had a good chuckle at that. Anyway, once I started, I had a hard time stopping, and spent the rest of the day intermittently bawling. I didn't mind though, I just went with it, and got through the day as best I could.

There was a lovely 'presentation' for me in front of the whole staff, (which amazingly I managed to keep a dry eye for) and the bosses made nice speeches, thanked me, congratulated me, and just made me feel all special. Uh oh I think I might cry now thinking about it.. LOL. Everyone chipped in and bought some lovely gifts for me, so I was very spoiled. It almost made it harder having everyone be so nice and caring. There was a massive card signed by everyone, and during my little thankyou speech I just said "you know i can't read this now or I'm going to cry!" I also said to my closer colleagues later "This would be easier if you'd just be b**tches for the day..." LOL.. all in all though it was a good day, just very emotional. When it came time to go home, I was doing fine, holding it together, and then one lady in particular hugged me and said how sad she was and the facade cracked again. So I left a total blubbering mess, and everyone looked so sad. Thing is, I wasn't even that sad...... it's a relief that it's all over, but I feel kind of like I'll be lost without a job to go to. 4 years is a long time, and it's hard to imagine not going in every day anymore.

Anyway, enough ranting from me... like I said, very emotional. DP said some lovely things last night like that we are one now, and his money is mine. He says he wants me to take what I need, and buy whatever I want and have fun while I'm not working. He is just the greatest. I'm still a little uncomfortable about just taking what I want, but I agreed to get what I need, under the condition that I can tell him what I'm doing and how much it will cost first. Baby steps. I'm going shopping this morning and he told me to buy whatever I want and enjoy the last of my own money. I think I should buy him a present.

So that was a lot of me-ness, but it was a very ME day yesterday, hehehe. Looking forward to spending more time in here following all of your journeys, and just relaxing and growing this bubby.

xoxoxo

hello ladies

i need ur help.....im worried

im 10dpo today and i tested and a bfn.......the only thing is ive had some blood this morning and i was shivering yesterday and have period pains today......is this implantation? my period is due tue or wed.......its too early for my period....so what is it....i think i o'
    d a bit late this mth on my 16 or 17th day...........i think i have lost some symptoms as well....

sorry im just a bit scared and upset.......it feels like my period but so far its just a bit and brownish

Melster sounds like implantation to me sweetie!! It can happen up to 12 DPO and if it is brown it is old blood so it probably happened yesterday or the day before. My + was at 10DPO BUT it was so faded DH thought I was imagining it. Try crystal clear that came up as a + before First response did. Goodluck sweetie!!

My symptoms went away yesterday and came back this morning with vengeance where when I put a mouthful of food in my mouth this morning I almost vomitted.... So dont worry if symptoms have gone a bit as it is probably hormones playing tricks with you plus I think some of my earlier symptoms are to do with the progesterone rise after O so that may be it for you

Forshelby- Sounds like you had a very nice last day at work,apart from the tears of course. And your DH sounds adorable what a charming man, ones like him are hard to come by. We are all pretty lucky to have a good man by our sides.
    Melster- Sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes and I hope it's just a little early for you to get your BFP. FX for you darl.
    AFM- Well today's much the same as yesterday had a huge dip in my temp this morning though......So I don't think there will be any BFP for me this month. But hoping at least next month I will be healthy enough to DTD more often....lol.....Ah well just wait and see I guess. Hope you all have a great week end. Happy voting. lol.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast