Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

Default Good morning ladies

Damprye ~ Sorry AF arrived hun, hope you can move forward now. Sounds like you have things worked out - things that you feel comfortable with - that is the most important thing. You know in your heart what you feel is best. Good luck with everything hun xo

Dory ~ thanks hun but it was Bons that had the friendship end. Oh your poor friend that must be very hard - all that waiting. DH and I have discussed adoption as well and we have agreed that if we are not pregnant in about 2 yrs we will start looking into adoption as well. Just dont want to be much older when we would finally get a child - as the process takes a long time so Ive heard. I hope your friend can have her own child, FX.
    For the avatar I just said we have kelpies, I didnt actually specify a colour LOL. So we dont actually have a black and tan we have a red and tan female and a black male (with bit of white). They are my babies, I adore them. Dont like to have favourites but Tess is mummy's girl LOL - she doesnt leave my side and is the most affectionate thing. They have had three litters of gorgeous pups but all ceasors - so we have now had her spaid and she too is quite large now LOL.

Forshelby ~ Hope the MS goes soon hun. Your puppy sounds so cute - I love dogs!

Clairesmummy ~ thanks and I hope you have a great weekend too. Hope time goes quick so you can get back in the saddle and FX for a BFP very soon!

Stoked ~ thanks hun, yes its not quite over but I do think AF will be here tomorrow - shocking headache today but Im prepared now and just ready to do the IVF - although of course always hoping for a little surprise LOL.
    Im glad you are booked in and your nurse sounds lovely. Have fun BD'ing and good luck!

Matthewsmum ~ As Forshelby has said PUPO means "Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise". Took me ages to work that one out LOL. FX for you hun its a sticky one!!

Hi all and hope everyone has a great weekend.

AFM ~ Rang nurse and all sorted, I picked up the pill last night to start getting my body ready for the IVF in early Oct - YAY. FS appointment on 15th Sept which Im guessing is when i pick up the needles.

for shelby-thanks,in that case can i use baby brain as an excuse...

Stoked- That's cool that we are a few days apart FX we get our BFPs together and can be belly buddies that would be great. That's got to really suck to have to wait that long to see your GP but it is so hard to get a DR these days that you can connect with I haven't been able to find one of those since I left my home town in 2008 and I'm not liking it at all. But I just keep paddling on and trying my best to put up with the DRs here.....lol....
    MatthewsMum-Forshelby-Loops- Thank you for all the well wishes I hope all of you are having a great start to the week end ladies and everybody else I know I have missed Sorry but I hope you are all having a great relaxing fun week end.
    AFM- Well not much to talk about with me DF seems to think that now AF has left he can start his bding now I told him if he wants to start now he had better keep it going for the rest of the month........ So we shall see....lol....he was devastated last night when he missed out on DTD as I was in bed early with a migraine.....I tried to reassure him tonights another night though but i don't want him to wear himself out before O time....lol.... I see there's been a bit of chatter about physic happenings in here, I just wanted to tell you about my interlude with a darling little Physic. I had a very scary physic moment with my DD just before I knew I was having the MC, I went to the loo 1 morning and DD followed me and as I went to get on the loo DD told me I was bleeding she told me this before I even had my pants down........sorry if TMI there. When I realised she was right I don't know if I was more shocked or horrified that she knew before I did.......That was a bit freaky for me....So now everytime she tells us she is getting a little brother or sister it makes me feel more positive that this TTC journey will end with a bub as I think she knows more than what I do about this. Just wish she could tell me when it was going to happen not that I would ever ask her that........
    Last edited by Clairesmummy; August 28th, 2010 at 11:11 AM.

Cool WARNING - Dramatic and somewhat disgusting tale ahead. Skip if you've got MS today!!

After a delicious meal of re-heated leftover rice and chicken, the Domestic Goddess exhales a deep sigh, and empties the remainder into the bin. "Ahh, delicious" she mumbles, noticing she dropped a few pieces of rice on the floor. She bends down to wipe them up......

*dramatic music*

.... but on closer inspection, discovers some of the rice is moving. "That's funny, rice doesn't move." OR DOES IT. To her horror, they aren't grains of rice. Okay, some of them are, but most of them are maggotts. We won't use that word again for the rest of the story as it's just disgusting even to read. Let's call them crawling fairies.

*dramatic music climaxes*

She rushes to her toolbox. (cleaning cupboard) and assembles her arsenal (cleaning products). Bug spray, disinfectant, broom, bucket in case the worst happens. You see the Domestic Goddess is suffering from slight morning sickness. Looks like it's time for her first mummy mission. (doing something incredibly disgusting through sheer neccesity).

One can of bug-spray later, and half a bottle of disinfectant, and the crawling fairies are still on the move. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!" She screeches, wondering if she'll make it through this ordeal without making an even bigger mess of the place by getting sick. She steps outside for some fresh air. "Okay, get it together. You need to just sweep them up and get them outside!"

*more dramatic music*

She re-enters the house, with a new steely resolve, and broom with little sweepy catcher attachment on the bottom. We'll call it 'The Destroyer'. She surveys the landscape (tiles.) Still crawling. She makes her battle call (large sigh) and gets to work. Sweep, sweep, run outside and dump as far from the house as possible, REPEAT. This continues for a good half hour, while the peasants watch in awe. (furbabies watch with confusion from outside).

Finally, the Crawling Fairies have been banished by The Destroyer, to the land of dirt and dog-poop (the garden). Then she remembers she forgot one important weapon. Acid of Extreme Stench. (bleach). She fetches the bottle, and liberally applies, using her Cleansing Wand for good measure. (squeegee mop).

Suddenly, the King arrives home (DP) and the Domestic Goddess grins a broad grin, and divulges the battle of epic proportions of which she has just undertaken. The King is not so impressed. He wants to know where they came from. "FROM HELL! I have no idea. The wasteland?" (bin) She declares, holstering The Destroyer and The Cleansing Wand as she speaks. (puts her broom and mop in the broom cupboard).

The King takes the Domestic Goddess in his muscular arms, and sweeps her into a romantic embrace. "You've saved the kingdom," (cleaned the entire house) he proclaims, squeezing her tight. He's right. The kingdom is safe from the Crawling Fairies, and the peasants rejoyce. (furbabies are let back inside).

*triumphant theme music*

The End.

-------------------------------

Ok, so I had a rough morning, in case you hadn't all worked that one out. But it really helps to pretend I was some kind of superhero engaging in a mystical battle. It kept me from throwing up, anyway. Back later for persies. But right now, I must rejoyce with the peasants. (furbabies).

LOL......

OMG wow Forshelby you have had a very interesting morning......Love the way you put the super hero angle on it that was well thought out......lol.....And thank goodness you had the king to come and take you in his arms after such a huge battle you must be exhausted.... woohoo Go the Domestic Goddess. I really enjoyed reading that have you ever thought of writing a book?????

Clairesmummy - Yes, if by intersting you mean disgusting. I am LMAO now though! I love to write, but never know what to write about. I tend to just write about everyday stuff... but in a dramatic way... which usually makes it rather amusing. It's like a blog about nothing. With only 1 post in it.. LOL. I might double post that little story cause it did make me chuckle.

I'm glad you enjoyed the read though, I sure enjoyed writing it. A few people have suggested I write, but it's not something I can just do. It takes a long time for inspiration to strike, and it's usually at weird times, such as this morning's tale. I might have to work on it though..... cause people keep suggesting it and it is something I enjoy quite a lot. Perhaps I should sit down and create some illustrations to go with the story.... hahahaha. Now that would be funny.

LMAO - what a great story Forshelby - well after the event of course as you must have hated it at the time and Im sure you wouldnt have been laughing then. Glad it had a happy ending Very creative - I love the peasants LOL

Clairesmummy ~ Wow that is really freaky about your DD. Good signs if she is ready to welcome her lil brother or sis into the world soon. I wonder if she'll tell you the sex when you fall pregnant.

Hi,

Sorry havent been on here. Have had spotting and cramping.....very very worried. Been to hospital for BT and results came back at 3500 from 350 5 days ago. The levels increased up until 35 level at a rate of doubling every 30 hours....now when I calculate this it is doubling every 36 hours....wonder if the levels have dropped and that would be why the doubling at a longer time frame......Very very frightened.
    Got an US booked in (not that there would be a HB yet) but going to have that Monday. Until then I suppose it is a waiting game...
    Does anyone know about levels like that?

Mum22- I have no idea about BT levels at all so Im sorry I can't help you with that one darl, I just wanted to let you know I have my FX for you darl and I'm praying that everything will be all good for you. Sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes. If you need a shoulder feel free to pm me anytime darl, I'm always lurking around the computer some where. Sending cyber hugs to you as well.

Mum22 I hope things are ok, stick lil bubba stick.

I think it is time for me to move to the next group :'( <3 you girls and I hope you all get your bfps soon. I might lurk for a bit longer but I will not be subscribing when the new thread begins

mum22-sorry i don't know about levels,hope someone comes on soon that can help...

sending lots of sticky vibes mum22 and will be thinking of you
    the levels sound fine to me though hun HUGE HUGS

Thanks guys, going to go to bed to rest it up to try to calm things down...
    Thanks for all the hugs guys it is so nice to be able to talk about it with people who have been there done that...
    DH thinks it is all fine and keeps telling me so which doesnt help cos I keep wondering what happens if it isnt okay when US on Monday. Be back in morning.
    Hugs back to you all.
    Chat tomoz.

Mum22 - Your levels sound good to me. I'm no expert, but I think it's ok. When I had my mc, my levels didn't just slow in doubling, they dropped dramatically. By the time the spotting turned to bleeding and cramping, my levels had almost halved. Yours appear to be climbing still. THIS IS A GREAT SIGN! Hold onto hope, and don't let despair creep in just yet, hun. Your DH means well..... I want you to take a deep breath, and try to stay calm.

Thinking about the what ifs is difficult not to do, but really is fruitless. What will happen if things aren't ok, well.... it'll be a very sad time. But you WILL get through it, and we will all be here to support you in the event of something being wrong. Please try to use your energy on positivity...

Thanks forshelby. I didnt know what I was looking for with the levels?? It has me quite confused. Spoken to Dr this morning who is going to try to organise a scan for today....stand by on that one. I dont imagine it will show much....But who knows I suppose.
    I was reading up on the internet which says that the levels take longer to double once they reach 1200 so here's hoping.......I cant do anything different, I just have to get on with it I suppose and hope for a good outcome....
    Gosh Forshelby 2 days off the 12 week mark....yay for you!!

Mum22 - That's the spirit, hun! I didn't want to quote something I wasn't sure I even read, but that does sound right to me, about the doubling slowing down once it reaches a certain point. They even drop once you get further into it, as the placenta takes over. I imagine mine have dropped, but can't explain why I feel crummier than ever sometimes!

FX you get your scan today, and can see a little bubby in there. How many weeks are you now? Sorry, pg brain here.. lol. And yes, I'm very excited about reaching 12wks tomorrow. Time has actually kind of flown by. Now I'm freaking out that it won't be long until I actually have to take care of this tiny little being....... *hyperventilates*. It's a scary and exciting thought!

Keep us posted as to what happens today, hun. Good to see you're feeling a bit more positive right now.

Oh, and F it.. I'm having a coffee. LOL. It's been so long, I'm smelling DP's and it smells soooooo good. Coffee me up, baby!!

Okay so an update. Went for scan and I'm pretty sure they have squished the baby they pressed too hard on my tummy so many times.....I wonder if that can make things worse?? Anyway, they couldn't see anything apart from fluid filled area (which is consistent with dates apparently) and thought possibly an egg sac in fluid filled area. There was a second fluid filled area which Dr couldnt tell me what it was....he said it may be a slight bleed or a blood vessel or implantation bleeding which was sorta near the area where the baby was 'hiding' somewhere. He said is measured 5 weeks which is consistent with MY dates...5 weeks 1 day. Said to come back in two weeks to double check there is a pole and heartbeat etc.

Does anyone know if pushing the ultrasound thing can cause an early miscarriage?? I hadn't expected that, was thinking it would be an internal U/S so was a little surprised. Tho I figure it was no harder than they press at 12 week scan and nothing happened then so surely....gosh I am a worrier. Apparently the baby is protected in its fluid or something the U/S Dr said.

Anyway, that is the update.

Am going to go to Dr tomorrow and insist on another BT for my peace of mind. Gosh this pregnancy thing is stressful.

glad your scan went okay mum22

mine is tomorrow im excited yet scared at the same time

hope i see a heartbeat FX

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast