Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

I had an early miscarriage at 5 weeks in late June. We had been trying for 6 months and were so excited.

I was really shocked by my reaction to the MC then, and even now i just can't seem to bounce back from it. I still cry every day. My husband has been great so far but this week is really losing patience with me... i think he thinks i'm over-reacting and should just get over it. he talks a lot about other people's sad stories (ie. late miscarriages, terminations, sick babies etc) and although i know he's right that other people have it worse, it doesn't really make me feel any better.

My sadness/disappointment at this early MC makes me realise exactly how high the stakes are in the whole baby making process - which freaks me out! i don't know how i'd cope with a late MC or a still birth or a sick baby or all the other awful things that can happen.

Two of my girlfriends are pregnant at the moment and i look at their excitement and worry that i won't be like that if/when i fall pregant again - as i will know that it can all just disappear instantly and how horrible it all is.

I'm hoping to ovulate in 13 days and this whole crazy obsessing is just taking over my life!!

How do you stay sane ladies??? How do you "not think too much about it" ?? How do you "bounce back" and get excited/happy/hopeful about the process again?

Mum22 - A line is a line, hun... no such thing as a false positive. It either detects the hormone or doesn't. If the line has colour, then it's not an evap. (evaps are greyish) So as long as you looked at it within the right timeframe, and the line had colour (no matter how faint) it's a BFP. Don't despair that others have been BFN. Is AF late yet? Try not to lose hope just yet.... I had a good feeling about you this month.

Reet - Yay for a darker line! Great news. Thanks for sharing the pics, they look beautiful, and just like my early ones. CONGRATULATIONS again! It's hard waiting for that first scan, but I think 7 weeks is a good time to go. I got to see a hb then, so you will too! Hope you have fun camping with your DH, sounds fun And don't worry about jinxing anything, there's nothing you can do to affect the outcome. That can be good and bad. Make a ticker! I can't believe I'm into double digits today.... craziness.

Clairesmummy - So glad your stallion made it! And [email protected] your chooks on strike comment, that gave me a funny mental image. I think your plan of DTD until AF (or no af ) is a good idea. And great news about the O pains! When will you accept that I am the future-forseeing oracle and believe me when I say you will O, just a few days late. I'm getting good at this lol.... Seems like last night's BD might have done the trick if you're Oing today! One more round can't hurt though hehe

Damprye - wow that's a great improvement, hun! That sure can't hurt your TTC plans Let me know how you go with the liver.

Lil'J - Sounds like O cramps to me. AF should be due about 14 days after O. Your luteal phase is every day after O to AF. Easily enough counted if you can pinpoint your O day. I reccomend OPKs to determine this. I also used the cm method, but was lucky enough to get clear signals from my body. Cramping, sex drive, and obvious ewcm. Hope that answered some of your questions, hun. It's a lot of information to take in at first, but you'll be a pro in no time... hehe.

Possum - Hi, hun! How are you doing? Yes, these ladies are a rather fertile bunch... hehe. It's so wonderful to see everyone getting their BFPs. It won't be long before you get another one, too. Hang in there, sweetie, you're doing amazingly.

Melster - It's possible you're pg.... I guess you know your body better than anyone else. Only about another week and you can test. FX for you!

Alice - Hi, how are you? Long time no see. You're right, this thread does move very quickly. If I don't log in every day I get left behind! G/L for your IVF, hun!

Loops - I love your positive attitude. I really do reccomend the OPKs though.... they worked great for me. You WILL have a baby in your arms next year. And that's FINAL! Hehehe... Like my authoritive tone? I've been practising. I am starting to relax a little, but I still have my slight doubts. They come and go, much like my symptoms. I'm just looking forward to my scan in 2 weeks time where I will hopefully see a beautiful little bubby kicking around in there.

Matthews Mum - Oh I have my FX for your next embie xfer to go ahead as planned. Best of luck to you, hun.

AFM, Can't believe this is my last week of work for the next say... 18 months. It's a scary thought! Identity crisis, here I come. Only 4 days to go. I'm so lucky to have a DP who's so supportive of me and willing to take care of me while I grow our bubby.

Hi to anyone I may have missed.

Hi glenglen and welcome. Sorry to have to see u in here tho
    Time is the greatest healer.. u cant rush things. I found having all the girls in here has helped me hugely too! I think if i didnt have this place to open up and talk about my emotions etc. i wld have gone crazy. I reckon if u stick around in here u will agree too
    And trust me we are all far from sane! Once ur serious about ttc and especially after a m/c i think its hard to go back to ur 'old life' where ttc wasnt number 1 on ur priority list. I am so very obsessed with it its not funny! U will find we will all be here to cheer u on during O time and also help u thru the 2ww.. it really does help having ppl who understand and have been thru the same thing... this helps to get some of the excitment back into it. I was so afraid that when i got my next bfp i wld be too terrified to even be excited about it.. but i have found its not as hard as i first thought.. (got my bfp a few days ago ) ofcourse that fear is there but right now i am one step closer to having a baby so im happy.. and u will feel exactly the same way.
    Hang in there.. talk to us whenever u like about whatever u like. xxx

Glenglen - Welcome to the thread, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your husband doesn't seem to know what to say to comfort you...... and honestly, what could he say that would ever make it better? For me, the sadness and disappointment never went away, it just eased over time. I still think about our first bubby, but it's just not as painful anymore. Don't push yourself to 'bounce back' before you're ready. There is no right timeline for grief. I did find that planting a little garden helped me feel like I had closed the book, so to speak, and done something to honour our baby. It was comforting to have something tangible.

I don't know if any of this has helped, but I just want you to know it's totally ok to feel the way you do. And Reet is right. There's no going back to your old life. You will find your 'new normal' though. Allow your lost baby to touch your life and change it for the better. You'll be stronger and softer for it all at the same time. My own loss has taught me a lot of things, mostly patience and sensitivity. I've also had the opportunity to reach out to several people in their time of loss and sadness, and having my own experience gave me the courage I needed to talk to them, and offer what comfort I could.

Take it one day at a time, and don't try to push memories of your pg out of your mind. It's like trying not to think of pink elephants. You're thinking of pink elephants now, aren't you? Seriously though, we're all here for you.

Loops- Woohoo for finally O'ing!! I really hope u catch that eggy! but if not yay that oct is just around the corner!! Pls remind me of that tho cos right now it feels like ages til im 12 weeks xx

Forshelby- Congratulations to u for being 10 weeks!! Ur almost out of the scary 12 week stage! yay!! 2 weeks til ur scan.. woohoo! 3 weeks til mine! Lets make time fly!! xxx

Reet - thanks so much. I think i do need to speak to other fellow OBSESSORS

this whole process is crazy, even though i said i'd never be like this.... but here i am with a spreadsheet detailing everything to do with my cycle. Nuts.

i'm magically hoping that all this sadness/disappointment will just disappear when i get pregnant next.

it's really great to hear some happy stories from some of you on here - it gives me hope !!

all i seem to hear from friends/family is how they "fell pregnant first time" or "we weren't even trying"... it also sucks that my hubby has had 4 unplanned pregnancies with ex-girfriends (all terminated) so there is some subconscious guilt on my part that is 'must be me'.

so thanks - i feel better already
    at least i've had AF last week and am back counting days again (read "obsessing") and looking forward to my next O - bring it on!

Reet - Hehee, you make me giggle. Yep, I can't believe I'm almost up to the second trimester. The fear isn't as all consuming as I thought it would be. I still worry now and then, but then the calm just washes over me again. I can't explain where it's coming from! Somebody is definitely looking out for me, and helping me to stay relaxed. Maybe it's my Gran? I'll help you make the weeks fly, too. When I'm home all day, I'm making it my personal mission to entertain you... LOL

And thanks for the reputation points I love the psychic comment... lol. I'm probably not psychic, I just 'read' people I'm connected to (if that makes sense and doesn't sound crazy). I always felt a strong connection to you right from the first time I posted in here.
    Last edited by forshelby; August 16th, 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Glenglen- First of all I am so sorry for your loss darl, it is a tragic thing to go through, and instead of making a long post I will just say ditto to all that everybody else has said. This is a great place to vent and everybody in here is so supportive and understanding, if it wasn't for BB I to would still be struck down with greif of losing our bub in April this year. I wish you all the best and hope you get your BFP soon.
    Loops- We are very close with our cycles today is CD22 for me and I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday just waiting for the temp. rises now to confirm it for me. FX we might get our BFPs together then. Good luck with cathcing you egg.
    Forshelby- Wow 10 weeks now that is fabulous so can't wait to read about your scan in 2 weeks time, I can't believe how fast time flies by. I'm glad my chook comment made you laugh, obviously my little chooky must be still laying its eggs cause I'm sure I O'd yesterday, had cramps most of the evening yesterday and they started yesterday morning eased off then hit again in the p.m. Did'nt DTD last night though we both crashed as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Ah well if this aint our month there's always next. Lol.
    AFM- Went into town today to do some shopping town in 1 and a half hours away from home though and I am so worn out tonight so I doubt we will get any bding in tonight. Just have to wait and see when the wicked AF arrives and count down till next O if my chookys and DFs scuba divers have let us down this month....lol.
    Here's to the TWW...

forshelby - thanks... i like to think that i'm "softer but stronger" after this... that is a really nice way to put it. however i think i'm probably just a bit more "teary and manic" !

i'm just so surprised at how much i was knocked for 6 with what happened. i only knew i was pregnant for 1 week. we hadn't had an ultrasound or heard the hearbeat or told anyone or anything... it was really just the idea of a baby at that stage, but even just losing that broke my heart.

i'm worried that i'm so stressed that i won't ovulate again and that it will be a vicious cycle of stress, which then affects my body... but then i'm not even sure if that's medically correct ??

i was SO relieved when i got AF last week, i really thought that would be the end of a lot of the waiting/stress/feeling in limbo... but then i had a little mini meltdown last night.

i like the idea of planting something, i think i'll do that, thanks for the idea.

Damn I never seem able to keep up anymore lol.

Welcome glenglen, sorry for your loss.

Mum22- It could still be an early + I don't trust those particular ones anymore though, there seems to be a second line come up as the dye is travelling through and doesn't go away.... and no I'm not UTD lol, it ust seems to be the way they are atm. They were great when I was UTD with DS, got my first + with him though using them

Possum- How are you doing atm?

Lil'J- Never feel silly asking hun, we all need to find out one way or another

AFM- Feeling a lil overwhelmed atm. I am on cd16 and have the worst cramps, so bad I am doubling over in pain so it is hard for me to concerntrate and do everyones persies, instead I'm just going to go on about me and then feel guilty about it *sigh*

Gosh i have missed alot - anyway my DD got really sick yesterday afternoon she has had a cold all week then yesterday she couldn't breath and making horrible gasping sounds it was so awful i never want anything to happen like that again. we were at the hospital and she had steroids and Ventolin. they think she could be asthmatic or could be an infection. we are home now. it was soooooo scary. if anything ever happened to her i don't think i could live without her. she is everything to us. anyway she was feeling better this afternoon.

So i haven't had any time to go to the doctors to get blood tests - hoping to try and go tomorrow i want to know what my levels are. i have done a test everyday and the line came up today as soon as the urine went up the stick and it was late arvo and a bit diluted so

ive decided to be positive and make a ticker and try and enjoy this pregnancy ....well that's the plan i know ill be a nervous wreck waiting for the blood tests

Sorry ill try and go back and catch up now on everyone else
    Last edited by kellbell; August 17th, 2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: sorry removing ticker

how can you be so disciplined and 'hold off' doing a PT??
    doesn't the waiting kill you?
    is the only reason so you avoid finding out about chemical pregnancies?

i have lost count how many i have done while trying... starting as early as possible... sometimes 8DPO (wishful thinking i know) !

Glenglen, welcome to the thread and sorry for your loss.

Forgive me ladies but i just have to do a 'me' post: I've had four whole days without bleeding. Hurrah!
    That's my record so far since my mc on 25/6. If i have none tomorrow then i've beaten my record. Please please let this be the end of it. (It's 8wks now i think since it started).

Possum praying this is the end of it for you

Hi girls, just an update....sorry I have only sped read this page and will go back thru and do personals later today,
    AFM well, I had the strangest dream last night and I have been taking my temps during the night a couple of time for the past week so I just know my temp pretty much is the same within .10 of each other. Anyways, I took my temp at around 2 am after having an odd dream and it was 36.27 a full .3 off normal temps.... and I was having cramps.... so I quickly got up and did the undie change to black so that when AF did arrive I didnt have any ruined undies. Kept having strange dreams of a mega faded 2nd line. Got up this morning, took temp which was back to its normal 36.65 and thought WTF I will use the last couple of tests who gives a toss.....

Anyway, I test with FR and it has a 2nd line which you cannot see in some lights but it is there, it is so faded but it is not an evap line, it stayed on the test from the moment wee hit it to now 30 mins later and I do mean it is faded like the sort of line you imagine you have seen. But the lullaby test has the same faded second line (barely viewable and on first glimpse you would assume it only has one) and crystal clear has gotten darker and more blue in it that yesterday.

So I am fairly certain I have a just in its very early stages (about 3 weeks 3 days) and as a lot abort due to natural reasons during the 3rd week I will retest on Sat to see if it has continued. And if that were to come up + I will tell DH then and arrange for a BT early next week.

He he I'm actually in shock at the moment and unsure as to whether to believe it I think I am in denial and will believe it once I retest Sat (that will be 4 weeks or when Af due).

I keep checking the FR and its funny I keep having this thing where my heart misses a beat when I first see the test thinking I'm imagining it, then I look at the test in daylight and can see the faintest of faint second lines on it....like I am talking faint girls. It wouldnt even photograph!!

CONGRATS Mum22 sounds positive to me a line is a line! so excited for you

I had the same dream two night before i got my BFP was so real in the dream was eerie

I hope you are in our belly buddies group with me and Reet do you know your due date?

I will be due 30 April by FF which I agree with. Just blurted it out to DH and he said wait another couple of days... I'm not really good with surprises am I????

Oh I am going to make a recommendation to anyone who is thinking of testing early to get some Lullaby tests they are $10.95 for 10 and have given me this result at 10DPO at same time as first response and last pregnancy they gave me a + at 9DPO the same day as first response.

I think my dream and the temp drop woulda been the implantation of it overnight which is why the + today...tho they are sooooo faded like barely viewable I would not even think of showing DH he would think I am loony!!

My DP said the same thing - wait a week and see what happens. He didn't want me to test yet so haven't told him ive been POAS every day lol

woohoo looks like you'll be in our belly buddy group too when you feel ready of course.

i hope those lines get stronger and stronger - you can see them that's what matters woo hooooooo and its still early!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast