Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August/Septmeber 2006 #3

kirsty Guest

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August/Septmeber 2006 #3

Welcome to September! Here's wishing everyone much success over the coming months & loads of BFP's to be found in here.

To have any of your details included in this thread or modified in any way, please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Melinda [email protected]
    Kirsty [email protected]
    Cailin [email protected]

We will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Please note that if you have not participated in the monthly thread for a period of 30 days, your details will be removed.

Member:
    State:
    CD:
    My previous cycles:
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes:
    Angel Babies:

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

CD current as at 11/09/2006

Member: Hindonly
    State: QLD
    CD: 20
    Previous Cycles: 26
    FF Link:
    Medication: Folate
    Notes: TTC again after 3rd miscarriage
    Angel Babies: 3 ~ Sept 2003; Sept 2005; June 2006

Member: LisaL
    State: VIC
    CD: 26
    Previous Cycles: 30, 30, 30
    FF Link:
    Medication: Elevit
    Notes: TTC July '05 - break after loss & TTC again since Feb '06
    Angel Baby: 9/12/05 at 7.5wks (ectopic)

Member: Moglie
    State: VIC
    CD:
    Previous Cycles: 28, 27 (m/c)
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes:
    Angel Baby: 1 (9/06/06)

Member: Naomi54
    State: South Australia
    CD: Taking a little break for a while
    My previous cycles: 28 - 54 - 35 - 45 - 35
    FF Link:
    Medication: Folic Acid
    Notes: TTC #1 for 6mths, m/c @6wks
    Angel Babies: 16/01/2006

Member: Pautiric (Nic)
    State: ACT
    CD: On a break
    My Previous cycles: Ever changing
    FF Link: http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/89fe3
    Medication: Metformin, Elevit, contraceptive pill
    Notes: 5 x Clomid, 2 x Puregon, 2 x natural... Lap/hyst/dye/D&C/ovary drilling on April 10th ~ normal
    Angel Baby: 07/01/05 @ 14 weeks,12/07/06 @ 8 weeks, 6 x "early pregnancy failures"

Member: Shazey
    State: QLD
    CD: On a break until 2007
    My previous cycles: 21 - 28 - 32 - 38
    FF Link:
    Medication: Vitamins
    Notes: Preparing for IVF ICSI #3 2007
    Angel Baby: Feb 93 @ 6weeks ~ ectopic; removal of right tube, Feb 03 @ 5weeks ~ ectopic; removal of right stump, May 03 @ 6weeks ~ ectopic; removal of left tube.

Member: Shellstar76
    State: NSW
    CD:
    My previous cycles:
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes: TTC #2 for 6months, Miscarried @ 11.5 weeks
    Angel baby:18-01-2006

Member: Tanya
    State: Vic
    CD: 14
    My previous cycles: 33, 29, 32 ,26 ,28 ,29 , m/c, 29, 28, 27, 34
    FF Link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cee3
    Medication:
    Notes: Suspected cp on the 28/1/06
    Using supliments (Potassium and sodium) and following a 'boy' diet
    Angel Babies: 2/05/06 @ 8w2d

kirsty Guest

Hiya lovely ladies, last thread is here

Hi Everyone,

Tanya - I'm sooo sorry to hear af arrived :mad:. Not the news we were hoping for but stay positive - you still do know you CAN fall pg!! All the best for this cycle sweety!

Belle - GL for the tww - sounds like the OPK's were definitely worth their weight in gold for you this month. I'm so sure you must have caught that little eggie and will announce a BFP in a couple of weeks!!

Sez - Glad to hear you had a great weekend!! All the best for the docs appointment - can't wait to hear that everything is perfect!!

Shan - I'm so sorry to hear you got a BFN but look what happened to me!! There's definitely still hope, so hang in there. When do you think you'll test again. I left it 2 days! Best of luck - I'm thinking of you.

Lisa - Hope you're feeling better -that nasty flu sure has made the rounds!! GL for this month - I'm praying for you to catch that little eggie and announce a BFP.

Michelle - Sooo hope you got lots of BD'ing in over the weekend - it sounded very positive for you on Friday! You make me laugh but glad to hear you were making the most of every minute - keep it up and there's no way you can miss the little eggie. You just HAVE to announce a BFP this month!!!!

Sorry, just don't have time for any more personals - it's a bit crazy at work. It's taken me nearly an hour to get this much done as I have to keep stopping.

Thank you sooo very much to everyone for your wonderful wishes. I'm still over the moon about the BFP but just can't believe it. So much so that I'm doing another test tomorrow morning, just to make sure!!! It's crazy. Still feeling a bit quezy and just had the scare of my life when I went to the loo - had some slightly discoloured CM - thought it was the start of some spotting but after going (sorry if tmi) all was fine, so hopefully it's nothing. I just don't know how I'm gonig to get through the next 8 weeks - it's been 1 day and I'm already nervous and stressing. To make it worse, just found out that my SIL is also pg (not sure how far as she hasn't had af for a long time - she even booked into a fertility clinic, then found out she was pg). It's just wonderful as we're close to her but I can't help but think if I loose this one too, then it's going to be sooo much worse watching her go through it!! I'm soooo scared and don't know how to make the worrying feelings stop!!

Anyway, hope everyone is well!!

Kelly xxx

kriminal Guest

Hi everyone,
    Congrats on the BFP's to those who have them (I'm still learning who everyone is )
    Sorry for the people who have BFN's, Your time is coming soon!!! and...
    Good Luck to those on the TWW.
    I hope that's covered everybody!
    I'm still hanging for AF, I feel like I'm O'ing (I can usually tell)at the moment so hopefully the cycle is begining again YAY.
    Now for my vent.....
    I went shopping with my Mum this morning, she'd just spent the weekend with my brother and SIL and their 5 month old baby boy. I had to endure 3 hours of he's this and he's that, which I was totally prepared for and he's extremely gorgeous so I didn't mind really. However what I did mind was that she pointed out every single baby/toddler/pregnant woman that she saw. I was soooooo put out! I couldn't believe she could be so insensitive (well actually I can because if there's anyone in the world who deserves to be described as insensitive, it's my mum). I have been doing really well emotionally with my m/c, but I am still feeling a loss, especially because I am supposed to be pregnant right now! and seeing babies and pregnant women hurts, let alone having every single one of them pointed out to me. I should have said something but she would have taken it the wrong way for sure. If she does this to me again I will say something. Anyway enough of my rant, just had to get it out!!!!!

Hope everyone is well and happy and BDing their way to conception!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to ALL of you for your wishes on Katelyn's EDD anniversary, we had a nice couple of days together and did all the things we had planned. It is still so hard and i cried buckets on the day but every year things seem to be different some how...i cant really explain it just that it still hurts as much as it did the day we lost her but somehow i have learned to be able to manage the grief but keep the sadness and happiness of her life alive IYKWIM.

Kelly, YAY for you getting that BFP that was extremly encouraging to come back too! I understand totally about you being stressed...my only advice after going through a successful pregnancy with Lucy after i lost Katelyn is take one day at a time because each day brings different emotions and feelings some better than others but you WILL get through this pregnancy and hold that little bub in your arms. Im really happy for your SIL too thats great news. Both times i have fallen pregnant somebody has phoned me to tell me that day that they are pregnant too so i hear you on the "what if i lose this one and then their baby will be a constant reminder" i dont have much advice just to be positive and as i said before just take each day as it comes. How many DPO did you get your BFP and start having symptoms?

Tanya, Oh im really sorry that you didnt get your BFP this month....I wish it had of been a different result for you. How are you feeling about it all today? Are you still going to take a month off? What did the special diet contain??? I really hope that this is your month regardless of whether you are going to try or not!

Shan, How are you doing? I hope that you managed to get a BFP after your BFN....Please let me know how you are doing.

Jayne, I will be thinking of you for your scan on friday...the 12w ones are the best of the whole pregnancy i reckon.

Michelle, How are you doing? Officially in the tww yet? I hope that you and DH went at it all weekend and you will get that BFP soon. I thought it was lovely what you said about "knowing" Caitlyn, we did know them didnt we! I hope she sees fit to send you a special sticky bub this month though!

Sez, How are you doing? Thanks for what you said about me being a good friend, i really appreciate that. I will be sending you positive thoughts during your appointment with your doc and hopefully s/he gives you and DH the green light! Let me know how you go...I hear you on not being able to sleep while DH is away, i am exactly the same, i dont know what i am going to do when Rowan goes to the AFL grandfinal with my dad (they are staying a week!). My mum lives next door so i guess i could stay with her but i dont want to disrupt Lucy. It sounds as though this last weekend was very hard for you , honestly those situations you discribed would have made me cry too. Everything is so hard but you hang in there and get that BFp this month!

Kim, Welcome to our group, you will find heaps of support here. I am sorry to hear about your loss and having to go through the ordeal of two D&C's. I think that it was incredibly insenstive of your mum to do that too you (i am assuming that she never lost a child) Luckily i wasnt there because i would have given her what for! You need support for your loss and for TTC again not what happened today. I hope that you are oing and you get that BFP again real soon.

Kate, How are you feeling today with your back? I am sorry that you had the news about your Chiro friend, its a very hard thing to deal with when others around us get pregnant and we should still be pregnant so vent away but know that you will get that BFP soon.

Belle, Oh you make me laugh lol....Maybe i will get some OPK's this month since you love 'em so much! How are you going with the TWW? I really hope it ends in that BFP you want!

Kaz, How are you doing? Thinking about ttc anytime soon? I must say again that Declan is such a cutie and thanks for asking after Lucy she is doing extremly well! Growing too quick, she is 18 months old today and i dont know where the time went!

Lisa, You must be exhausted, how is your friend coping? She is lucky to have you there for her! How are you going this cycle?

Kristy, How are you doing? I have been thinking of you... Let me know how you are.

Kirsty, That appointment is coming closer, how are you feeling about it all? By the way i had a look at your photos (hope you dont mind), you look exactly like i thought you would which was weird like i have seen you before or something lol James is a cutie isnt he, that photo of him holding a baby broke my heart though...

Amy & Naomi, How are you girls doing?

Keen, How are you going? where are you up too?

Well i am sorry if i forgot anyone but i think that is everyone.....

As for me, i am doing fine i think....I am NOT even going to mention the word symptoms because i know its probably too early for much but i am 11 dpo today and for the last two days i have had increasingly sore BB's (which reminded me that i actually had that when i was pregnant before but had forgotten lol) which i dont normally get before AF, they actually feel warm when you touch them so something is going on there....also i have noticed a few girls talking about smells OMG - Some things have been truly grossing my nose out and so strong! I have also had a few pains down low today so i really dont know what is going on and of course i have to keep it all to myself because Rowan wants his suprise (althought that is going to be fun when it happens). There is a huge part of me saying it all looks good and then i shrink down and think it cant possibly be it so soon....I also had a dream on friday night that i did a test at my GP's (we are going there Thursday for Lucy's chicken pox needle) and it was positive weird or what - you can tell whats on my mind lol. I told Rowan and he got so excited and says he wants it to happen now so its good to see its not just us chicky babes who hanker for that BFP! I am not going to test until probably saturday though because i cant handle getting a BFN and then waiting for AF to arrive. Wish me luck girls the wait is near on killing me lol but at least in a few days it will be done and i will know either way.

to you Sarah. I'm so sorry that i forgot Katelyn's EDD anniversary. You are all in my thoughts.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get a BFP this month. Will be waiting for your news.

Dont worry Michelle, you have a lot on your mind at the moment so i didnt expect you to remember. Yep you will know pretty much as soon as Rowan and I know....

goldilocks Guest

Good morning ladies!

Lisa, you are such a wonderful person, spending all weekend with your friend. I can only imagine what an awful time she's having right now but having your love and support would make the pain easier to bear. How is she doing? Please let her know that we're all thinking of her. I'm sorry to hear that you've got the flu too. Maybe your body is doing a huge cleanse with all these herbs you're taking? Wish you better, sweetie :hugs:

Tanya, I must be psychic huh? LOL What sort of things do you have to take as part of your 'boy diet'? I'm sorry it's getting you down. Don't put all that pressure on yourself to fall pg straight away. Maybe your DP is right...it'll happen when you're not trying. Easier said than done, I know! But look at Shell...it worked for her!!!

Kelly, so how is it over in wonderful pg-land?! I bet you're still over the moon! Did you do another HPT this morning? That's wonderful about your SIL being pg at the same time. How great that your bubs will be the same age! I'm sure they'll grow up being really close. Please try not to stress, honey...your bubba needs a happy and healthy mumma!

Kim, I'm so sorry about the way your mother was carrying on when you went shopping. It's hard enough seeing pg women without them being shoved in your face like that! Maybe she doesn't realise how much it hurts you...make sure you say something if it happens again.

Sarah, I'm so glad you had a nice time remembering Katelyn on her EDD. I'm sure she is with you everywhere you go, watching over you and your family. Oooh, your symptoms sound fabulous, sweetie! I don't think you'll be needing to buy any OPK's for next month because you'll be announcing a BFP very soon! It's great that Rowan is so keen about getting a BFP too...it's going to be a huge celebration in your household when it happens!

Sez, how did your appointment go last night, honey? I hope you got the green light to start TTC again. Please let us know how you went!

Shan, sorry to hear about your BFN. But, as Sarah said, here's hoping that it was just too early and you get a BFP very soon!

Kate, how was your trip to Melbourne? I hope you had a great time. You must be gearing up to O'ing, right?

Hello to everyone I've missed!

Nothing to report here. 4DPO and waiting, waiting, waiting...

I forgot to tell you a funny story about when DH and I BD'ed on O day! LOL After the event, he jumps up, yanks my legs into the air, shoves a pillow under my bum and starts shouting, "Swim, boys, SWIM!!!" LMAO Gotta love him!

Love & babydust
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Sarah... I hope this is it for you!! It would be great for you not having to go though too many cycles to get your BFP!
    The diet I am on (to try an increase my chances of concieving a boy) is high in sodium and potasium and low in calcium and magnesium. So no dairy, whole grain bread, nuts, leafy greens. Lots of freash fruits and vegies (except leafy greans) tea, soft drink, chips. Also I am taking potasium and sodium sups.... I neeeeed a break!

Tanya

ETA: Belle, I need to try for this baby...LOL, I would just leave it to nature, but the whole reason we wanted another in the very first place was so we could give it a red hot go for a boy. So I need to put in 100%

Oh yeah... TMI warning!! I have gotten another couple of clots that aren't blood clots (iykwim)!! I can't believe it is still happening!! I believe it is the reason I am not conceiving. Does anyone have any advise?

Tanya

Hi Tanya,
    So sorry to hear about AF

A friend of mine can only conceive through IVF because of problems with her DH, she is fine herself, but has had 1 successful ivf cycle and attempted another a few months ago only for it to fail, they did some investigations and found she had a fibroid, which caused alot of heavy clotting and bleeding at AF time and prevented her to conceive, she has now been in and had a D&C and something else im not quite sure of and has just been through another IVF cycle, just waiting for results, Im not saying thats what you have but you maybe can look into it!

Hope it eases for you soon.

Miss Kitten Guest

Morning luvlies!!

How are we all? Well....it seems like if I go away there are a few BFP's to be had. Maybe I should go away more often

Congratulations to those with the BFP's, I'm so excited and happy for you.

I had a great time in Melbourne. We did a bit of shopping, went to hubby's cousin's wedding on Saturday afternoon, then the reception at a jazz club which was nice - but we were on our feet for over 5 hours and wearing high heels isn't much fun, but the ****tail feel of it was great, the food was divine and it was nice to meet part of hubby's fam that I have never met before. But bugger me it's cold in Melbourne! I was wearing a brown silk dress and a pashmina and I reckon I froze the entire night...had a really good excuse to snuggle up to hubby afterwards and bd the night away...OOOppppssss...tmi!!

Anyway, we came home last night and I'm home today to do all the catch up stuff like washing and vacuuming etc *groan* and I'e yet to go to the shops and do the grocery shopping otherwise I'll be starting a new diet called the air diet...ha ha ha

this month is my first full month of temping and I'm hoping that I'll be successful in conceiving...esp since both other times we haven't even tried. So my temps - and I've compared with the partial month from last cycle - have been relatively normal, but this morning I had a big temp drop to 36.1. Last cycle I hit that low on day 20 or 21. What do you guys think of that? Me, I'm thinking that O day might be coming a bit earlier this month...esp since 36.1 was the lowest temp I had last month...keep in mind...I'm extremely new to this temping thing.

I just want to let you all know that I'm thinking of each and every one of you (even if I don't do the personals) and I'm sending hugs and luv to each of you.

Kate x.

Hi girls,

Just a quick one,

Sarah -ohhh sounds really good sweety. dont be too suprised if you see those two lines!

Kate - hi sweety, i dont temp etc, but wishing it really works out for you this month, and really its not that cold down here in sunny Melb - LOL!

Tanya - so sorry af arrived for you...

I promise I'll be back later to do more personals, have to go for now.

PS My bf is doing well - her ovary and tube were not removed - YIPEEEE!!

Oh Lisa, what great news that your BF Ovary & tube did not need to be removed, so glad that she is doing well. big hugs to her and big hugs to you for being there to help her get through it!

kirsty Guest

Sarah thanx for looking & I don't mind one little bit. The bubs that James is holding is one of our friends twins & is adorable, I got to feed them both the other nite & I walked out of there saying to DH that if there was ever any doubt about wanting to give it one more go it was so blown out of the water. Coz I so want another one!!!!

So hoping that you & Rowan hit the jackpot soon & Lucy has a little brother or sister before you know it!

And yep this time next week DH & I will be in Melbourne trying to make our way around to get to our appt in the afternoon. Still going okay with it all mainly coz I refuse to think of the bad just yet.

Hi Everyone!

Sarah - I'm so please to hear that Katelyn's EDD anniversary went well - it's such a difficult time! Ooohh, you're sympoms sound very promosing. I'm praying for you honey and definitely need some more friends to jump over to the PAML thread!! Let's hope it's a BFP for you this month!!

Belle - You are HILARIOUS - I was pml at your DH - that's fantastic and I hope it did the trick!! You gotta love the enthusiasm! My fingers are crossed for you too - we need some more BFP's!!

Lisa - Glad to hear things are going well for you bf - I've been thinking about you both!!

Kate - I don't know anything about temping either but I hope all goes well and you hit that little eggie with all the power you have and make it stick!!!

Tanya - So sorry to hear that it's all getting a bit frustrating - hang in there!! I guess I'm a big fan of listening to your body, so if it's telling you that you need a break, then maybe that's the best thing for you - the more relaxed you are the better!
    Take care!

Sez - Desperately waiting to hear how your appointment went - I'm sooo hoping you've got the green light to go ahead!!

Shan - Have you tested again yet?? I'm still hoping there's a BFP waiting for you.

Michelle - How are you going?? Are you officially in the tww?? I'm hoping all is well.

Sorry to everyone I missed but hoping that all is well and sending you all heaps and heaps of *babydust*!!

As for me - I'm still completely over the moon. Did another HPT this morning, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming the first time (and the line was pretty faint the first time). Anyway, this time it's DEFINITELY confirmed as a BFP - much stronger line. It's just the greatest. I'm feeling pretty good too - only a bit quezy every now and again. BBs are not sore or anything yet though, so bring on the symptoms, just to make me feel a little more comfortable. Will call my ob today and work out what I need to do from here. I'm praying the next 8 weeks fly by but somehow know that they're not going to!

Kelly xxx

Hi Girls,

Seems i missed a heap of stuff in here lately. For some reason i didn't get any email notifications and totally missed that there was a new thread, so i've got no hope of personals at all.....

For those who have asked, no i haven't tested again (don't have any in the house) and i don't think that it would have been too early coz i'm on CD35 today, but then again going off my last cycle that's nothing. I've been thinking that AF would have arrived by now coz i've had lots of little twinges etc down there but still she is not showing her face. I'll keep an eye on things, and see how we go. But don't worry, you girls will be the first to know....

I'll try and keep up more, but for now......'love youse all'...xxxxxx

Oh Shan, Test again test again!!!!! I have all those funny little twinges going on down there also, I so hope you will be joining us in paml!!!!

Hi All,

Kelly, Glad to hear that you are doing very well! i thought you said last week that you were getting Symptoms??? Maybe i am getting confused too many people in here and all that. I still have sore bb's, it is not as bad in the morning but by the afternoon they are killing me...maybe its not pregnancy related at all and i am setting myself up for a HUGE fall on the weekend....time will tell i guess. Hoping that you stay well!

Belle, LOL at your DH that gave me a good chuckle! How are you finding the tww?

Tanya, Not sure about the clots??? But i think i would probably have it checked out if i were you just to be sure...not that i think that anything might be wrong just that you said that you haven fallen pregnant so easily before so i would want to rule anything out. GO the boy diet, i cant wait to see if it works (i know i know i am going to have to wait about 9 months lol). I really hope that you manage the BFP without trying and get that BOY you long for....Maybe you should try just bedding on O day...i saw before that you use OPK's so i wonder if that would work!

Kate, Sorry mate i dont know anything about charting either but i hope you are on the right track and get that BFP soon.

Lisa, How are you doing? I am so so pleased for your friend that the operation went so well! How are you holding up? It must have bought back so many memories for you.....how are you going this cycle! With all this distraction i hope you catch that eggy!

Kirsty, Im really glad that you are 100% positive on your decision to go again. Dont think about the bad for the appointment because there might not be any more bad news...i hope they give you a BFP green light and then you and your dh can get busy and create another precious bubba that you will hold. I will be thinking of you so let me know how you go!

Shan, That sounds positive for you...when do you think you might test again?

Its pretty quite in here today....where is everyone???

Love Sarah xx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast