Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August/Septmeber 2006 #3

SmallSquirrel Guest

Hi Girls,

After discovering this discussion a few days ago,
    I have found the courage to post and say hi.

You all seem like lovely, supportive girls, and I am looking forward to getting to know you.

This is me:

Paige 29
    DH 32
    M/C at 8 weeks 4/05
    DS 15/2/06 (10 pound 6 ounces and a week early - he had a custom made exit!)
    M/C 8/06

Trying desperately to conceive again, as we want our babies close together.

Ciao for now,
    Paige

Miss Kitten Guest

Morning all,

Just ducking in briefly as it's manic here at the office and I'm snowed under *groan*...but...

Kell - I'm so sorry sweets that you're going through a bit of a rough time. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I, and I'm sure everyone on here, understand how you are feeling. It's ok to be a little worried but just remember that not everyone's symptoms are the same. My boozies were NEVER sore either and it did stress me out a little when others were stating their symptoms but I had almost nothing - no nausea (except after dinner) and nothing else. You will be fine.

If you like reading, why don't you get some books...some feel good books. Here's a suggestion...there's a writer - Janet Evanovich. She writes some funny books. I have read all her books on the Stephanie Plum series and I'm just reading the latest called "tewelve sharp" and it's sooo funny, I was crying on the train in laughter...people must think I'm some sort of basket case b/c I've done it 2 days in a row!!! Now, my advice is to start from the very beginning and they go in numbers...1, 2, 3, 4, etc...the first book is called "one for the money"...seriously, go out and read it...it will make you nearly wet your pants!

*so much for being brief*

I think we should start a BFP boot camp! Get some of these lovely ladies moving to another thread....

Me - well, I'm on CD 18...so I'm gearing up for a big w/e... and I reckon that by Tuesday I should be officialy in the 2WW...so who's going to be joining me? ps - I'm taking my aspirin still so we'll see what happens.

Much luv and hugs to you gorgeous gals,

Kate x.

Welcome Paige. I hope your journey with us is short and sweet.

Morning girls!! Just a quick one today as I am trying to study and I am feeling as sick as a dog. Cough has come back, slight fever and vomiting this morning. Just need to pick up the gastro bug and I will be a complete package Who has time to get stressed about the TWW when you feel like [email protected]

I just wanted to send a big hug to Jayne and to wish you luck for your U/S today. I am sure it will all be fine but I will still be hanging waiting for the post later today.

I'll be back later to catch up with you all

goldilocks Guest

Hello ladies!

Lisa, how was your emotional release therapy last night? I hope it does good things for you. PMSL @ you and your DH wanting to BD all the time from the herbs! Considering you were going at it every day last cycle, I hate to think what you're like now! GO GET EM, GIRL!!!

Jayne, waiting *impatiently* for news of your scan. How was it seeing your beautiful little bubba?! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sez, how long are your cycle normally? LP's don't usually alter by much from cycle to cycle, maybe a day or two at most. Mine are always 14 days. I know there are girls on here who have conceived with LP's less than 11 days! If you're concerned, maybe you could ask your OB about it?

Kelly, my Mum gave me the best advice when I was pg...she told me not to read up about everyone else's symptoms because I'd only stress out if I didn't have ALL of them! It's so true, sweetie...everybody is completely different and we all experience different symptoms. Even women who have been pg more than once say each pg was different! As I said before, your bubba needs a happy and healthy mumma so calm down, take a deep breath and think HAPPY POSITIVE THOUGHTS! It is truly a blessing to be pg...please enjoy every single minute of it, honey

Sarah, how are you going sweets? You must be pretty close to testing...?

Shan, how many DPO are you now? Do you have any *phantom* symptoms? I'll hold your hand too if you want to test! (after all, I do have two hands so I can hold yours and Sarah's at the same time LOL)

Paige, a huge welcome to our wonderful (not so!) little group! You couldn't have found a nicer bunch of ladies to share the TTC journey with. Can't wait to get to know you better!

Kate, have fun with the BD-fest this weekend... *evil laugh* LOL

Michelle, so sorry to hear you're sick again. What time is your exam on Monday? I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours!

Well, I'm 7DPO at the mo. The mysterious spotting stopped yesterday morning. Don't know what that was all about. Don't even want to entertain the notion that it was implantation bleeding! I had implantation bleeding last time I fell pg at 12DPO so this seems waaaaaay too early for that. Otherwise, I'm just chugging along...fighting off all the *phantom* symptoms LOL

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, especially those fortunate enough to be celebrating Fathers Day with their DH/DP/etc on Sunday. I would love to give DH a BFP for Fathers Day but it'd be too early to test, even if I did get up the courage to do it! LOL

Love & babydust
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Hello Ladies,

Just popping in quickly to let you know that I have a NAUGHTY baby in my tummy! The scan should take 15 minutes, but oh no, it takes me 1.5 HOURS because bubs wouldn't lie flat or still enough for the Nuchal Fold measurement to be taken. I had to go in there 4 times!!!!!!! Alan ended up taking Jessica home because she was so restless in the end. The baby is perfect and the measurement was only 1mm, she said that when the measurement is nearing up to 3mm that they start to do more tests and explore more options. The blood sample needs to be analysed with the measurement to get the proper result, but she said it looks pretty good. I'm not worried, I'm only 25 and I don't smoke and there is no history of Downs Syndrome in our families.
    Anyway, bubs is 6.2cm long and the hb is 155bpm. He/she was waving at Jessica and jessica is yelling out 'HI BABY' was so cute. The baby sure does move around a lot and I could see the mouth opening and closing and it likes to have it's hands up around it's face. It does big roly-poly's too. So I am 12w5d and still due on 11 March 2007. I can't believe it's happening!!!

Belle - You're driving me INSANE, would you please hurry up and POAS?

I must go, I have a zillion things to do and we're going away for our dirty weekend with a passion-killer (Jessica) in tow tomorrow! LOL!!!

Love Jayne xox

Janye - sounds like bubs is doing nicely. How cute of Jess to say hi to him/her. The weeks will fly by now, so keep us informed!!!

Belle - I'm not really sure what DPO i am coz i didn't chart or anything this cycle. I think i'm about CD35 or so but 'Phantom' signs are all over the place. I'm tired, weeing quite a bit (but that's coz i've been drinking heaps of water), I have a pressing in my abdomen and (sorry if TMI) but think i have a bit of constipation (which is strange considering the amount of water i'm drinking - over 2ltrs per day), i have a nervous/fluttering sort of feeling in my tummy, and DH things my boobs are harder than normal and a bit 'spongy'. Plus there is the constant flushed cheeks. Oh yeah and i've been getting a bit of acne on my face, oily skin and hair and my nails are as hard as rocks.....I tested, i think, last week and it was a BFN, so i'm not holding out any hope....thanks for the offer to hold my hand though. I just might have to take you up on it. Good luck to you too....everything sounds promising...xxx

Have a great weekend everyone.

goldilocks Guest

Oh Jayne, I'm so thrilled for you!!! Congrats on a fantastic scan! How gorgeous that your bubbie was opening and closing their mouth *sigh* That is just so so wonderful!

Shan, oooooh your symptoms sounds great! Maybe you should do another test on Fathers Day...it might be good luck...

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Hi guys,

Jayne, Congratulations on having a wonderful scan...lol at having a naughty baby i would have been pleased to see it so many times! Seriously though well done on reaching that 12 week mark and all is well! Let me know how Jess goes in the bed because we are going away just after Christmas with Lucy and as she is at the 97th percentile for her height i dont think she will fit in the travel cot anymore!

Michelle, GL with your exam you will pass with flying colours i tell you! I meant to say to you last week a BIG Thank you for you saying that you would light a candle for my Katelyn last friday, that is a HUGE gesture and made me have a little tear! Im sorry that you are sick again and also that you have been feeling so flat. To be honest none of us could be yelling from the rooftops with happiness after all you have been through. I just want it so badly for you....there will be a big party in my house (hopefully later this month) when you get that BFP! I wish i knew the right words to say to help you get back on track and feel better because it WILL happen its just so unfair that you have to wait this long. How are you feeling about your tww at the moment? That was really special to witness that delivery too!

Sez, How are you feeling about the decision to not TTC this cycle, i understand what you are saying about you had next cycle in your head so if you feel better go with that but you just have to get that BFP with all the methods (charting etc) that you are using! I am not sure about an 11 day LP???

Tanya, GL with the docs on Tuesday, i hope that he gives you the all clear and you can start your boy diet again soon. I thought the odds of 80% were pretty high considering you are only changing what you eat!

Belle, I really really really hope that it was an implantation bleed...so what are these symptoms that you mentioned you are "not" feeling?

Lisa, How are you? and your friend? How was your emotional release therapy??? I am really interested in the sound of that if you can give me a bit of a rundown? So have you O'd yet? You must be close - wow thats a bit spooky i know that off the top of my head lol im not stalking you i just have a good memory!

Kelly, Oh honey i so hear you (see the bit about me below). What you are feeling is entirely normal, i know that it feels awful to feel like this but i can assure you it will pass, there will be up and down days (as per normal life) but you will get through this time. We are all here for you so vent away when you need too. When are you due by the way?

Shan, How are you doing? wow they sound like a heap of symptoms for you getting a BFN last week. When will you test again. I feel for you i just wish there was an answer for you.

Paige, Welcome to our group, i am really sorry to hear about your losses but happy when i read that you have a son! You have joined a fab group and i dont know what i would do without them!

Well guys....Thanks for holding my hand Belle (and i didnt get any pee on you lol) but on Wednesday afternoon i got a BFP!!! I am so excited! Im sorry that i didnt post it straight away, i had to tell my DH first. We went out for tea to celebrate and then i decided that i would test again on Thursday morning (after all i have a heap of tests lol) and i thought that it would be darker being FMU and all anyway it was actually a bit lighter so i have been stressing my little brain out...had to go to my GP yesterday because Lucy was booked in for her Chicken pox needle (it all went good) so of course i told him and he just printed out both a 7 & 12 week scan referral, Clexane prescriptions and i have started the aspirin! It has all happened so fast i am in a daze! So anyway i have tested again this morning and it was a slight shade darker that yesterday. I am P****D at myself that i couldnt even get 24 hours into this pregnancy without stressing (see Kelly i feel exactly what you feel)...Any advice girls on the lighter HPT - do you think it means bad things???

I realise that i am extremely lucky to have fallen pregnant this quickly and i just wish that i could give you all BFP's, you are ALL wonderful ladies who truly deserve a BFP right this minute. I just wish i could fast forward you to that time.

Love Sarah xx

Yayaay... Congrats Sarah!!! The HPT doesn't mean a thing... they only tell you that you are pg or not... not how pg you are.
    Congrats!!!!

Tanya

SmallSquirrel Guest

Hi Ladies,

Another BFP!!
    Sounds like this is the place to be! I hope some of what ever it is rubs off.

I noticed that some of you are taking aspirin.
    I had not heard of this, so did some surfing.
    FYI this is what I found:

For those with an ACA positive result, half an adult daily dose of aspirin can be started from ovulation in any planned conception cycle and heparin injections introduced from the time of a positive pregnancy test. It is debatable as to how long these injections should continue. The risks of heparin include bruising and a reduction in bone thickness during pregnancy. This latter problem has been reported to cause vertebral collapse in the spine a serious event.

Sounds promising, if you would like to read the full article please let me know & I can email you the link to it.

Sorry if you already know this.

Ifound one article that stated the reduction in miscarriage as high as 10%, but I can't find it again..........

Paige

OMG HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO MY LOVELY FRIEND SARAH

Sweetie, I am soooooooo excited for you! I know it's no use telling you not to stress, but please enjoy this as much as you can. This is the best news, I am just crying here! I am so happy for you, and for Rowan and Lucy. Your beautiful angel Katelyn sent you a baby, I just knew it would happen! I am so emotional, I just can't express how ecstatic I am! Please don't leave us just yet, I will miss you so much. I hope I can join you over in the paml thread soon (and all the other girls in here too).

Belle, I am so sure you've had an implantation bleed! Fingers crossed honey! To be honest, I'm not sure how long my cycles are, cos I had only just come off the pill when I fell pg! I'm pretty sure that cycle, and my last, my LP was about 14 days. From what I can gather, it shouldn't change much from cycle to cycle. I will just have to be patient and wait and see!

Welcome Paige, I am sure you will find so much support here. Stick with us, and you will get to know everyone here, I promise! It just takes a little time! GL with your ttc journey, may it not be too long.

Michelle, I am so sorry that you are sick. GL with your exam on Monday, let us know how you go. I sure you are too sick to be thinking about it, but only 8 days to go! Any *imaginary symptoms* yet?

How did you go Lise? I hope you are busy catching that eggie today! Or practising anyway!

Shan, PLEASE go and have a blood test! Those symtoms are sounding way too good! I know you don't want to get your hopes up, but you know that some women never get BFPs don't you? You might just need a blood test........let us know!

Jayne, I am so glad your scan went well. LOL at your naughty baby though, and Jess saying Hi ! How cute!

Kate, the book thing is such a good idea. I am a big reader, and I have devoured so many books since the mc. It's a good way of drifting of into fantasy land. Reading 'Tuesdays with Morrie' at the mo, very good so far.....hope you have a fab bding weekend!

Well, I really should go to bed now. I have the hiccups from drinking too much champagne! (have been over at a friends place...they live two doors away!) Gotta make the most of it hey? DH might get lucky tonight! Then again, I don't think hiccups are very attractive! Still waiting for O time. Cd18 and waiting..........come on! The sooner I O, the sooner we can ttc etc etc, you've heard it all before!

Nighty night! Sez xoxo

kirsty Guest

Sarah nothing to say but CONGRATULATIONS to you & Rowan & Lucy

YAY SARAH
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I'm so very very very pleased for you hun. Best of luck to you and DH for a H&H pregnancy

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the congratulations! I am still feeling very excited but also very nervous lol....

Tanya, Thanks for that advice it made me feel heaps better! How are you doing? What happened with the clots did they stop? Sorry if i am prying to much just thinking about how you are doing thats all.

Sez, Thanks matey (i couldnt have missed your post lol!), thanks for what you said about Katelyn sending us a baby, i have actually thought this myself too because i remember that i started feeling proper symtpoms and thought i was actually pregnant again on her anniversary, i am trying to take that as a good sign that this baby is going to stay! There is no way that i am leaving just yet! i cant go without you girls, we need some more BFP's, hurry up and O Sez so you can get down to real TTC land! I Od on about day 20 or 21 this cycle so whilst it is a pain in the bum to have longer cycles than normal i hope that you follow my exact pattern!

Kirsty, Thanks mate, How are you doing...the appointment is monday right? You are probably already travelling because i seem to remember you telling me awhile ago that you had booked the friday off work so you could make a whole weekend out of it. let me know how you go, as always i am thinking of you and hope you come out of that room with the answers you want and need!

Shan, Thanks honey - i couldnt have missed your post either lol, are you going in for the bt's? Like i said before your symptoms are looking good, i hope you can join me in BFP land ASAP!

Love you guys and thanks for the encouragement!

Sarah xx

Hi Everyone,

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH!!!

I'm soooo happy for you!! Another BFP, how fantastic. It's just the greatest news and I'm so sure everything is going to be fine. It definitely opens up a whole new set of emotions though and I am kind of glad to know that I'm not completely mad. We'll certainly have to help each other through the next 8 weeks and beyond!!

Well, I just about finished the LONGEST post and lost it all - grrrr, very frustrating. Lucky I'm sitting here in my PJ's and don't have much else to do (remember it's Perth time, so it's still early!!!), so here goes again.....

Shan - How are you going? You're *sympoms* certainly do sound promising so hang in there and test when you're ready!! Remember, I too got a BFN before the BFP and as Sez mentioned, some people just need to go get the blood test done!! GL.

Sez - lol at your hiccups after the champas - good on you!!! I'm praying the next few weeks fly by for you so you can get back into ttc again!! I'm sooo sure that with your very positive attitude, it's not going to take you long at all!!

Paige - Welcome!!! You've certainly found the right place for heaps of support and encouragement. I don't think I could have got through the last couple of months without it!! GL!!

Belle - Thanks so much for your comments - I'm definitely feeling much better today and desperately trying to enjoy my pg - positive thoughts, positive thoughts. I'm sooo hoping you had an implantation bleed and that BFP is going to be just around the corner. Hope the rest of the tww is ok - hang in there!!!

Jayne - Soooo glad to hear the 12 wk scan went well. It must have been incredible to see your gorgeous little bub so many times!! Good on him/her for being so naughty and letting you see him/her so many times!!!

Michelle - I'm soo sorry to hear that you're not well again but as you mentioned, at the very least I'm hoping it's taking your mind off the tww and making it a little easier!! I'm desperately praying that this is you're month honey! GL for the exam too - I'm sure all will be fine.

Kate - Thank you sooo much for the support and encouragement - you definitely helped put my mind at ease about the bbs. You're advice about the reading is fantastic too. I haven't been reading much (and when I do, they're all serious books), so I desperately need to get back into it and something that's going to get my spirits up and make me wet my pants is JUST what I need. Thank you - I'm going to go search for the book you recommened next week! GL this weeked - we all know what you'll be doing!!

Lisa - How are you sweet?? I hope the emotional therapy went well and can't wait to hear about it. You've been through so much with your friend and I'm praying that this month goes well for you - you deserve that BFP!!

I hope I haven't missed anyone - wow, doing all that twice is hard work - bloody computer!!! Well, as for me - I'm doing pretty good. Thanks again to EVERYONE for their support, I desperately needed some positivity!! I knew falling pg again was going to be hard but I didn't imagine it would be this hard. I'm desperately trying to stay positive and I'm doing a pretty good job of it at the moment. Still don't have many symptoms (I think I had more symptoms the week before the BFP) but still feel queezy most days! I'm going in for a blood test next Wednesday, then to see my ob the Wednesay after, so that will be good!

Well best I go have a shower and get into the day. It's DH's birthday tomorrow (Father's Day) - which is nice. He sooo think's he should be getting two presents now that we're growing our first child but I'm really scared about getting too excited about it all just yet! We're just going to have a quite day together!!

I hope all the dad's out there have a great Father's Day!

Kelly xxx

Sarah - woooo hooooo I am so excited for you!!! What a wonderful Father's Day for Rowan.

As for me - just a quick one. I have managed to pick up a doozy of a bug. I slept about 20hrs yesterday / last night, temp 39.5, headache, cough etc. Study is so not getting done. As for the imaginary symptoms Sez - does vomiting yesterday count I am sure it is just part of this bug and any imaginary symptoms are being hidden by how [email protected] I feel ... which is good. At least I am distracted. Not long to go now. I just hope I can join all of the other BFP's that have popped up this month.

Michelle, I would say that you are well and truly distacted coping with a bug like that! That is one high temp! We are on such a roll in here, I'm sure you're going to join all the other girls running over to PAML. (Just keep them coming girls so I can catch up! LOL)

Kelly, you are sounding so much more positive today, which is so good. Isn't it a bummer when you lose a long post?!!! How great that you're going to have your blood test this week, that will make you feel so much more relaxed. Keep on enjoying sweetie!

Sarah, you must take that as a good sign. How freaky that Katelyn's anniversary was when you started feeling pg! I think that's great, I'm sure this is going to be a very H&H pg for you! Just hope I can be joining you soon....... Where are you going after Christmas?

Tanya, how are you going?

Belle, I just checked out your chart honey, it is looking seriously good! I hate that you're offline on weekends, now I have to wait until Monday to see how you're going. Fingers crossed, it is looking and sounding very promising for you sweets!

Shan, you are being very quiet, just tell me to back off if you don't want me hassling you about testing LOL! I just really have a good feeling about you at the moment......

Lisa, I hope you're having a great weekend. How good is our weather at the moment? I'm about to go and sit in the sunshine next to my pool! Hopefully I won't fall asleep! Make sure you fill us in on your emotional release therapy.

Okay, I have a confession to make, all these BFPs are starting to make me really want to ttc NOW! And I think DH is okay about that..........I'm just a bit worried that if it works this cycle, I'll be even more of a nervous wreck because I didn't wait. But I have a really good feeling about ttc this cycle, in that I think I will get pg. WHAT TO DO! Now, after *talking* about it, I've scared myself off again. Sorry about the rambling, I'm just getting so excited by all these BFPs! Maybe I'll go with what Jayne and Tanya were thinking and *not try too hard*, sneaky little plan! I think I will O in about two or three days so the window of opportunity is closing.

Hi everyone,

Really slack at posting I know but I do read the posts!

Just popping in now to say a huge CONGRATS to Sarah - you lucky thing:-) I wish you a hthy happy pregnancy.

Goldilocks - I hope you get your BFP very soon. I'll check back in a few days to see how you went:-) Fingers X'ed!

Me: I'm at cd14 very sure I've just ovulated and we've been pretty busy these past few days:-) I woke DH this morning from his sleep! and with closed eyes he said you just want my sperm,LOL with a mock cry... really funny.
    Well what could I say theres alot of truth there!! But we BOTH want a bubby, and I'm not about to waste an opportunity.

Hope to see lots more BFPS soon!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast