Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ July 2010

reet - my dp works at a mining station, he's and electrical mechanic, only 1 week on & 1 week off but i have 5 weeks cycles so we get one shot every 10 weeks it works out to be. its 300kms away and tbh, the drive is doable but its a dangerous one and im not sure how my little lancer coupe would handle it!! so will your dp be home for O this month?? hope so!

mskara - good on your for giving up the ciggies. do you find it hard to quit cold turkey?

AFM: 9 DPO. brown spotting as of about 5.30pm, only when i wipe. i know this is something that usually gets a girls minding thinking but honestly, im not excited at all. i learnt my lesson last cycle when i spotted pink and brown from DPO 7 - 10 and got af on 11. so im thinking this month is gonna be the same, a few days of spotting and another early af. i used to be so on time, always got af on DPO 15. now i dont know what happening. if this spotting continues, is my luetal phase actually long enough for me to get pregnant or should i see someone about this??

Kezzy: Yes and No. It wasn't hard because I just couldn't smoke while UTD - not knowingly anyway - but it's really hard at the same time because it's been a habit for so long. I quit last time as well, but picked it up again the day I had the m/c.
    I think it's a good idea to see someone about it, just so you can try to find out exactly what's going on. It may be nothing but at least you'll have some peace of mind!!

hi everyone,thinking of you all-thought i'd give you an update,fs has decided next cycle ,he will put me on hormone replacment,need to wait for af to arrive ,then start the medication cd1..congratulations to the ladies who've got there next bfp...good luck to all of us waiting,hopefully it wont be to much longer for us all

Hi all,
    Just a quick one from me....feeling terrible have had gastro for a few days
    Congrats Mskara!!! Hope you have a H & H pg ahead of you!
    Big Hugs to everyone and plenty of babydust!
    AFM - I didnt have the best time away, arguments on both sides, i think it is safe to say I wont have to visit my MIL for a while, what a relief! I dont think I have ever seen DH so angry with her though.
    Just counting down the days til AF is due, if its a BFN this month i think i might try the macca out...
    xxxxx

bons-fingers crossed for you ,sorry your time away wasn't more enjoyable,when are you testing?

Kezzy,
    Brown blood is old blood so it could just be a bit of spotting (old) from ovulation. I sometimes spot on the day of or days following ovulation. Sometimes. Also, it could be implantation. Last month I had a chemical pregnancy, one where the egg fails to implant. Maybe that is why you had an early AF. My luteal phase was only 6 days!!! Go figure!! Dont get worried unless it continues as it could be lots of things and most of them harmless (like what I mentioned). Just chart and you will probably find it was a one off and nothing for you to worry about (easy for me to say as I still worry this month is going to have a short luteal phase but I am determined to stay positive this month will be my month.) I think you will find it was all a conincidence and that you have a BFP this month!!!!!! Here's hoping!!!! Also they say 10-14 days luteal phase is fine!! And it could all be thrown by the day FF says you ovulated (coulda been earlier) as I have looked up on the net and it says it can take up to a couple of days for your BBT to rise after ovulation. All what if's GREAT!!!!! Babydust to you!

Bons- It is good to have a united front.

Matthew's Mum- How long until AF is due do you think? Oh I hope these meds work and you get a sore bust in August

MsKara- Congratulations.

Kezzy- Probably best to get it checked out just in case. Under 10days is generally not a good thing but not impossible

ForShelby- OOOHHH I so can't wait for your update

Iona- Other than the cold how is everything going?

Minniemouse- I understand why you would prefer to be on clomid, I think if I were in your situation I would be the same.

Sorry for everyone I have missed, I know there are alot of you I have been reading as posts are made though so I am being a good lil lurker, other than still posting lol.

AFM- Am a lil confused atm but then again I am alot of the time lol I really should not have tested mid cycle though but I just couldn't help myself.... now I'm not sure if I am in mid cycle though... none of my OPKs have come back positive and I have tested EVERY day since the 19th and the hpt is confusing grr. I am only doing the opks to make sure that I am ovulating every month that way when I do go see my doc again I can give her all the info I can.... or that is what I am telling myself lol

Hi Ladies
    Just a quick pop in today - will do persies tomorrow sorry.
    Thanks for asking about me

Did POAS on Friday night in the end - about 8 or 9DPO and wouldnt you know it BFN. Still no AF, if she's coming I reckon she'll be here by Wed, Thursday. BB's are very sore now - very strange and Im still getting weird tummy pains and i feel very bloated. Really dont know what my body is doing. Im hoping the test was too early but not getting hopes up too much because Fri there wasnt even a hint of a 2nd line And Sunday I went to my friends sons 1st birthday and me and DH were the only ones our age without kids there or pregnant - it was very tuff and there were about 20kids there.

mskara - it sounds like you definately have some strong will power, which is wonderful!! obviously alot more than SIL who smoked her whole way through pregnancy (not just cigarettes either).. and she has a healthy bub and i lose mine.. go figure!

mum22 - i never actually considered that it could be ovulation blood. last cycle, when it started at 7DPO i was soo excited thinking it was implantation & thats why this particular timing is bothering me. i seem to spot right where implantation should take place. tbh, i considered the fact that i had a chemical preg last time.. it was painful and clotty. would a test have showed a BFP? then this cycle its just bothering me cause i hoped it would be a one off.. and i have af cramps so i think she is on her way.. i really dont want to be one of those unlcuky ones with irregular spotting. its such a pain. i feel for those ladies!

AFM: bleeding is still brown and only when i wipe. more cramps today thou. a tiny part of me is praying that this is implantation.. but i think i know better =(

kezzy-fingers crossed for implantation...loops- sorry about the bfn,but fingers still crossed seen af hasn't shown,very brave of you going to the party...damprye-af not due for a couple of weeks since i'm o'ing late...big hello to all

bons -sorry to hear your weekend away wasnt great, however, at least you are looking on the brightside of things (not having to see her for a while hehe).. we can count down our af's together.. although mine is confusing me. FX you dont even get yours thou!

loops - wow, im sure sunday must have been hard for both you and your DH. it was brave and sweet of you to go thou, sometimes it can be easier just to not go at all so what you did took guts. i too am still trying for #1 and the know the pain to look around at a bunch of kids. sometimes i feel like just scooping one up and claiming him/her!

Kezzy, to me it sounds more like implantation. I will keep my fingers crossed. I get spotting on days I ovulate. It is bright red. If it is late ovulation spotting it would have had to be brown by now or it will be old implantation bleeding. My test showed a very and I mean VERY faded BFP and then the following day I woulda thought it was a BFN had I not known there was a line there the day before and so I squinted and yup it was ever so barely theree following day 2 days later the line was completely gone. I only tested at Dr office cos I was bloody confused with my cycle and the nausea I had. The symptoms up until that were full on pregnancy symptoms with nausea and bloating and even on the day of Dr appointment I got a wee little bit emotional and my god I was into housework something stupid. A couple of days later the symptoms are all gone!! I must have gone around the bend in the meantime. The doctor said 2/3 pregnancies end like that. I have also been told that most people dont even know about them apart from the AF being at a different time. My cycles last time after coming off the pill were fine so I figure it has to not be a luteal problem. You said your cycles were all okay previosuly so maybe it is just that. If it happens in another month then maybe get it checked!!

mskara - Scary to have a mc and not have any signs until 3 weeks later.. It's ok to cry, this is a rollercoaster ride, this stuff! I hope your gp gives you the scan you need.

kezzy - i hope it's implantation bleeding, keep us posted.

matthews mum - hope the hrt works well and you're utd in no time!

bons - sorry about the arguing with MIL... hope things get better for you soon. Any symptoms at all so far??

damprye - you're a poas-aholic.. lol. keep it up, knowledge is a good thing!

loops - it's hard to go to 'those' parties. congrats for making it through the day! And your symptoms still sound good to me. I think 8-9dpo is way too early.... so don't be disheartened by a bfn.

AFM, Scan went pretty well today. Except that bubs was so small she had to do an internal u/s. *cringe* She was a really nice lady though, and it wasn't as degrading as I imagined it would be... so I'm pleased with that. She printed me a nice picture to take home for DP, (he didn't make it to the scan) and he loved it. Now for the nitty gritty stuff. HB was 118bpm (a bit low apparently.... ) Baby is 0.58cm in size. I'm about to google all of this stuff to see if that's too small for where I'm at. The sonographer didn't seem concerned though, and said that I was about 7wks. Which is right by my count. She said it's difficult to be precise when things are so early.

I still don't feel the level of relief I thought I would from seeing a heartbeat. I saw it, and I see the numbers too but I have this worried feeling creeping in just a little. And I was so calm up until now. So far though, all is well.

Once again, a lot of me-ness.. Sorry. Hope everyone had a lovely day.

ForShelby- Woohoo for getting to see your lil bub. It may not put your worried to rest but at least you have real visualisation that your little one really in in there

Just a quick one from me.. will be back later tonight to do persies..
    Forshelby- Yay u saw ur baby AND there was a heartbeat!! Go and have a look at babycenter.com.au.. its a really good site.. i just did a bit of research for u.. 118 is a little low but still considered normal (low heartbeat usually means ur having a boy!!) and 0.58cm is a little small for a baby at 7 weeks.. thats more like 6 weeks.. but like the tech said its hard for them to really know at this early stage.. so pls try not to worry. Im pretty sure kit had the same troubles and her little tiger is doing great now!!!
    Whats the plan now?? do u have an appointment with ur dr to go thru it all?? Can u get another scan in a couple weeks??
    Please try not to worry.. easier said then done i know.. but i honestly think everything is going to be fine.. it might just be a slow grower! And i bet if u have a scan in a couple weeks it will be at the right size..age and have a great heartbeat!
    xxx

Hi everyone,
    I have once again returned to say hello, I had a great week end, DF took DD and I into our local show for the week end and DD rode at her first show and also won her first ever ribbon so took lots of pics and I was nearly in happy tears just seeing the smile on her face when she got that ribbon. I also rode my horse and won all my nomination money back which put a smile on my face and made me feel a little better about myself for a little while.
    Definateley no BFP for me this month now started bleeding today after getting home from town, feeling very crampy like I did with my last MC but this bub just didn't last as long as the last. Have been spotting all week end and now I'm definately bleeding. So I'm feeling like a total failure once again and totally disheartened with out TTC journey. It was just so easy the first time around for me now Im feeling like the universe has it in for me. DF is very supportive of it all and just keeps telling me not to get upset over it all we will just keep trying and if it happens it happens. Yeah all good and well for him to say that but I want another bub so bad I want to exp. it all again but this time with a loving partner at my side from beginning to end. DD's dad walked away from us when she was 3 weeks old and was not there thru my pregnancy at all.

Sorry for all the poor me comments guess I'm not as happy as I think I am about losing what I thought was going to be our #2.

Hope everyone else is doing well in here and I promise to do persies tomoro for you all when my brain is in working order.
    Thanks for reading and all your lovely kind words and support it means alot to me.

Oh Clairesmummy, my heart goes out to you!!! I cant really say more than that

Thanks for that Mum22, maybe a good night on Ebay shopping will make me feel better.....lol......I'm not in any way depressed and crying all the time more peeved than anything really. Just got to keep my chin up n soldiering on from here.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast