Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ July 2010

And put your focus on your DD that is where I put mine after the m/c. Just made myself completely focused on that. I dont know how I could have coped without her Go SHOPPING. I like it!!! I have a ton of things arriving in the next few days, I have ordered some really nice maternity jeans (thinking ahead...it will happen) and some other stuff on line in last couple of days.... maybe I will get some presents tomorrow in the mail!!!!

Yep nothing makes you feel better than pressies in the mail I reckon, I love Ebay...lol. My DD is always my main focus in good and bad times, Love her more than anything she is a great little girl and acts the clown all the time as well, I swear she is 4 going on 24 sometimes, lol.

He he. I am understanding you on that one!!!! I hope you have a good night sleep, and just think a new cycle and a new hope for this month!! (gets me positive and thinking of the O countdown now). Happy shopping. I hope you have a much much better day tomorrow!

Thank you so very much Mum22 you have made me feel better just knowing there is somebody else out there some where in the world of the net saying kind wonderful words and passing positive vibes to me. Thank you, and here's to next our next cycle being a more positive exp. for us all in here.
    August or bust for all of us.......he he he.......
    I was reading in here that sorry I can't remember who it was had a chemical pregnancy I have never even heard of them before, been trying to google some info on them on here but if I can get some info on them in here that would be great. And would it be possible at all if that's what I have just had maybe??? I truly have no idea, I did have a BFP then 2 days later a BFN and I have always been a 26 day cycle since my MC in April but this month it's a 35day cycle? So maybe that's what happened I truly have no idea, and if it was that what do I do now? Should I go to the docs or just see what happens? Any advice will be greatly appreciated please. And Thanks in advance.

Iona- How were feeling today?? still queasy??

Forshelby- That old woman that u work with sounds absolutely disgusting!!! eating fish in an office! haha u poor thing. Yeah i think u shld be appreciating the fact that she is always 'sick' so u dont have to put up with her awful ways. U just wonder how those type of ppl were raised.. they mustn have been taught to do the basic things like cover ur mouth when coughing etc. i hope she doesnt have kids.. i can just imagine them!
    Hope ur alright tonight.. pls think positively.. its all going to be fine xxx

MsKara- So have u had any m/s yet?? when are u going to see dr to see about having a scan??

Kezzy- Oh i hope it is implantation bleeding. Maybe just wait and see what happens over the next few days.. if af does come early then its probably a good idea to see someone to try and find out what ur hormone levels are doing. Theres nothing worse then spotting for days leading up to af. Let us know how u go.

Matthews mum- Come on af! Do u know if u have Oed yet?? Hope so cos that means af will be here soon for u. FX! With the cycle being cancelled are u or have u given it a go naturally this month.. i know i wldnt be able to miss a chance!

Bons- Will u test early or wait til af is late? i really hope this is ur month. Im the same as u if im not pg this cycle im gonna get right into the macca and a few other things. Might even give acupunture a go. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Sorry to hear ur holiday wasnt that good.. did ur dh kinda sort it out with his mum before u guys left?? Were u stuck in the middle of it all?? Its awful when that happens.

Damprye- I hope u get that +ive opk soon. It must be very frustrating for u. So are u trying this month or still leaving it a little while?

Loops- U poor thing having to go to party..that wld have been a bit sad and painful.. good on u for having the courage to go tho. I too think its too early for the test to be right.. i have read on here so many times of ladies not getting bfp until day af is due to come. Will u be testing again or just wait and see? My fingers are crossed for u.

Clairesmummy- This is a tough journey isnt it Im glad u had a good weekend tho. Please dont feel like a failure.. we WILL all get there soon. From what i have heard if it was a chemical pregnancy then u shld just treat it as a normal af bleed. And u shld O in roughly 2 weeks time. U probly dont need to go to drs unless af hangs around longer then usual. Kellbell has had one..maybe she is a good person to speak to as well about it all.

Minnie- That is very weird that the clomid worked perfectly for u and naturally didnt. From all the research i have done on clomid i have read it increases ur chance of m/c.. ur story has made me feel a bit better. Are u going to avoid bding around O time for the next few months??

Mum22- How are u going? Im hoping too O on sun, mon or tues.. any earlier ill be freaking out cos dh is away til friday! Yay for keeping eachother sane in the 2ww! well we can try anyway!

Possum- How are u going? Are u doing another hcg bt this week?

Mrs Macca- How are u going??

Hello to everyone else too!

AFM- I have been fine on the clomid up until now..emotions wise. Im not sure if i can even blame it for the downer mood im in today seeing as though i had the last pill yesterday. Im just so over all of this.. My EDD is approaching and with every passing day im getting filled with more and more despair. It just feels like it is never going to happen for us. I cant even imagine having a healthy pg anymore. I hate the fact that something so beautiful such as pregnancy has been so tarnished for me. One of dhs cousins broadcasted on facebook at 3 weeks that she was pg.. shes so so excited.. i bet the thought hasnt even entered her head of losing it... it makes me so incredibly jealous. Jealousy is a curse aint it?! I really do love that everyone else i know has such an easy ttc journey cos i wldnt wish this upon anyone but why cant i be everyone else??!!!
    Sorry for this downer post (must be the day for it) I just feel as tho i really dont have the strength to get thru another af coming. im already dreading it. But i will ofcourse keep fighting cos theres nothing else in the world i want more then to be pregnant right now.

Oh and kellbell! I hope u caught that eggy!! FX!!!!! xxxx

Oh Reet!! I know exactly how you feel! Almost all of my friends have had it super easy when falling pg and none have had a m/c. I get so jealous sometimes!

It will happen for you! I just feel it in my bones! I won't say don't worry, because I know you will, but know that my thoughts are with you and I'm sending over positive thoughts.

Yes, I have had MS the last few days. It made me quite happy tbh lol. I felt like it was a really good sign.

Hope everyone else is ok. I will come back tomorrow and do persies. I'm exhausted and about to try to sleep away my concerns. Today I've had brown spotting that I'm really hoping is just old blood and nothing to worry about, but I'm now slowly starting to worry.

Oh thanku MsKara I think im also feeling sad cos dh left this morning.. im not overly sad that hes gone.. its only for 5 days but it just gets so lonely at home..makes u think way too much.

I hope YOUR ok! Are u going to go to the drs tomoro? Please do.. even if the brown bleeding stops.. just to be on the safe side. Get a scan done so u can see ur little bubba and tell it to behave and to keep sticking! They say brown blood is fine.. it cld just be around the time ur af wld be due.. I have heard that sometimes some of the lining that the embryo isnt attached to may still shed. Lets hope this is it. Try and get some sleep tonight. Let us know how u go tomoro.. will be checking in xxx

Reet: i was also told that clomid increases the chance of m/c but my experience is the complete opposite ! i hope this week goes quick for you and your dh is home before you know it to begin the bding :-) it will be condoms for us for a while

clairesmummy: my last 2 m/c were "chemical pregnancies", in both cases i got af a few days earlier than i expected and just thought it was af then but i bled for a longer than usual for af and had preg symptoms, the 1st one was like yours the hpt line just went and the 2nd time it got darker a few days then went, i was ovulating normally after the first but my 2nd ones cycle was 66 days long ! you will usually find drs tend not to recognise chemical m/c as a "real" m/c because it didn't implant properly to begin with (sorry i hope this doesn't sound harsh, mine sure were real to me !)

forshelby: that is good news about your scan, honestly i wouldn't worry about the small size, it is so tiny at this stage it is hard for them to measure from one end to the other, you have a heartbeat, thats the most important thing

mskara: i hope you are feeling better this morning, i hope you woke up to nausea and no more brown spotting

hi to everyone else

afm: no news here, just plodding along

Reet, YOU WILL BE PREGGERS BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!!!!!! I just reckon this month will be your month!!! And I hope O doesnt come early and surprise you while DH away. Maybe barricade the doors to make sure AF can't get in until DH returns???
    Yes, here's to the TWW coming up Reet, yay (not) I really do hate the two week wait!!! I hate the whole deciphering signs your body is giving you as to whether BFP or not and then the rude shock of AF's unwanted arrival. But I am going to continue to stay positive and say that is not going to happen this month (to any of us).

Clairesmummy, that was me with the chemical pregnancy. I had a positive on the day I started bleeding (6DPO) and a couple of days later it was gone. Tho the second I started bleeding I thought it was Af (just come off pill...so wasn't sure but 6DPO had me confused) did a test at Dr First recponse and it came up really barely there positive. Bleeding was mega heavy so I just knew all was not well. And it was the heaviest period I have had on or off the pill. Off the pill my Af tends to last around 3 days with first day being light/medium second being medium/heavy, third light/medium and a little spotting on the 4th day which is barely noticeable. Well, I was in for the shock of my life AF wise with this one, no clots of anything.....day1 heavy, day2 heavy, day3 heavy, day4heavy-medium day5 medium day6medium then light in the afternoon day 7spotting. A little bit different!!! Sorry if TMI. I also found I had Af style cramps the whole time which were noticeable (I dont usually get them) I felt angry and emotional for most of it (not about the m/c just about bloody everything...general PMS).

I had nausea as a preg symptom right up to the start of AF, though as the bleeding started on day 1 the nausea began to subside and by day 3 it was completely gone (one positive of the whole experience as it was driving me nutty).

Oh gosh I hope that this isn't TMI.

How are you feeling today? Hope you are feeling okay!!

Sorry to everyone, I went to bed mighty early last night, was completely stuffed!!
    Last edited by Mum22; July 27th, 2010 at 08:12 AM.

Hi everyone!

sorry I haven't posted in here in a while - my goodness, I had to go through 3 threads to get here! You are a chatty bunch

There's lots of new names and I hope you'll forgive me for not reading all your posts since my last visit. Wishing you all the best in this TTC business and hoping for BFPs for everyone soon.

Firstly, MurrayCod! Great news about your scan - congratulations lovely you can rest easy now and enjoy the rest of your pg. Hope we get to see you around a bit more x

Foreshelby - did I miss your announcement? Congratulations on your pg and hoping that by the next scan you get a bit more reassurance that this one is for keeps. I think MurrayCod felt the same until her 12 week scan so hang in there and all the best to you.

MsKara - congrats to you too and I hope you have a happy & healthy pg. Nice that you and Foreshelby are the same way along so you have a bellybuddy here who understands what you've been through.

Dory 31 weeks! That's great news - you are so close to bringing your baby home it is wonderful. Glad you've got a bit more energy too - all the best x

Reet - you're always so generous with your thoughts and comments for everyone I hope you get your BFP soon, I know it's been a hard road for you and a real struggle at times but you can do it. Patience and perseverance will get you there in the end, I promise. I know your EDD is approaching too - it's going to be a tough time but hopefully some peace will come with it to and I hope your BFP isn't far away now.

Loops - I'm sorry you got a BFN I know the feeling of being the only one childless at a birthday party full of friends your own age, it's really difficult - but don't forget how much those friends love you and how happy they'd be if you got your BFP. Are you still planning on doing IVF later in the year? Where are you up to with that?

Bons - hello lovely how are things with you? Catching eggs I hope! Glad your DH was on your side with the in-laws - you must be happy to be home. Hope this month is for you.

I know I've missed lots of you and I'm sorry but need to go back and catch up a bit.

AFM well we are getting ready to start IVF #5. August is our ten year anniversary for TTC and the EDD of our December angel so it's going to be a tough one. I'm trying not to think about it too much - just concentrating on our next cycle and being well. Sticking to the diet which is going well, doing acupuncture every week and taking my herbs so I know I'm giving it my best shot. As much as I hate to say it, I think this is our last shot at it. I'll be 42 later in the year and I have to just accept that it wasn't meant to be if this cycle doesn't work, as much as it breaks my heart. To be honest I've been through so much grief in the past 10 years that it isn't as raw as it used to be. All those horrible situations, you get through them somehow and you remember getting through them so you know in your heart that time will make things easier to bear. Who knows how our children will come to us - I feel they are near us so maybe they will come some other way. Anyway, trying to stay positive without getting too excited.

Love to everyone and :babydust: to you all x

sorry haven't been around much mostly lurking - fingers crossed for everyone this month hope theres a whole bunch more BFP's in here soon

thanks Reet for thinking of me you are so sweet - it means alot to me
    i think everyone i know has announced a pregnancy on facebook this week - some so early cant be more than 3 or 4 weeks all that innocence is lost for me that makes me jealous too that they wouldn't even think for a second that it could all go wrong. i want to be back in that space. how is possible nearly everyone i know is pregnant and seem to have it so easy

yep i had a chemical preg got two days of BFPs then it dissapeared went to the docs but didn't have any hcg left - he said it happens alot just because i tested so early i knew. AF just comes a bit late mine took an extra week then my cycles have continued. i wont test that early again as i think id rather not know. esp as we were all excited for two days then so dissapointed. i try to think of it as a gift to know we can do it just wasnt the sticky one that we are waiting for

been trying not to think too much about ttc this month no OPK's, temping just BD every second day
    have no preg tests in the house either so hoping to hold strong and wait for AF to come or not come

better get moving today and get something done while the munckin is asleep

ill try and post more and catch up on everyone later

Oh Alice just saw your post - hope you get the bubba you deserve and this IVF is successful FX
    lots of for you

Reet Thank you I'm sure 5 days will be over before you know it!! At the moment I'm in complete freak out mode with a very calm exterior, but I'll get to that later

minnie I hate it when drs are so harsh like that. They were real to us too hun.

Mum FX that you catch your egg this time! Here's to your TWW (as horrible as they are lol)

Alice Sending lots of your way!!

kellbell Sending to you as well! Here's to BFP's for all in July and August!

AFM I had very little spotting this morning, but decided to see my GP and ask for a scan. She took my blood pressure, which was way too high (i've been on meds for this for about a month now) and scheduled me in for an urgent u/s this afternoon. She said even if everything is fine, she wants me to go to the hospital anyway, so I just don't know what to think right now!

I'm hoping this just an early chance for me to see the little basmati. DH is at work and can't get home, so I'm having a mental freakin out but trying to convince him I'm fine lol... *sigh*

MsKara, thanks am CD8 today woooopeeee.

Spotting could be nothing so dont stress unless you have to. I spotted til 20 weeks with both my kids and it was bright red, pink, orange, brown goodness the list goes on and seriously my babies got to full term and even though by 36 weeks I was sooo completely over it and beckoned them to arrive early they bloody well didnt did they.....hmmmmmmm angry sigh.

Some people just spot or bleed. I have a friend who had AF arrive several times. Another friend who had a full on bleed at 15 weeks with clots and all and yep, everything was fine. Aometimes bleeding just cant be explained so I am hoping this is the case for you!!!! I am hoping this time I have no bleeding (not likely).

Not sure about the BP.....dont know what to say there. Sorry!!

Damprye - it was good to see bubs, yes.

Reet- I'm making an appt to see my doctor sometime this week. I got the measurements wrong, that was on the little polaroid she took for me, (she put a little doodad at each end to show bubby) but on the actual 'dating' pictures, the largest measurement was 0.67. So better. 'That awful woman' at work is back, and yes, I am wishing she would have stayed sick, and out of my way!! She doesn't have kids, she's far too self-involved to have ever bothered to meet a man and procreate. I feel nasty saying these things but she's just so horrible to me.... ugh. It's awful to feel like pregnancy is tarnished for you, I understand that feeling, but please try to stay strong. You can do this, and you will do this. EDD's are hard when there are no babies to distract yourself with. I'm here for you if you want to talk about it more. I too would be annoyed at the girl announcing her pg at 3wks. Ugh. Hugs for you, Reet. Keep fighting!!

Clairesmummy - So proud of your DD, that's great! I understand feeling like you might explode from the desire to be pg. Hoping you get your wish very very soon!

MsKara - I hope your trip to the hospital has a happy ending! Good luck with your u/s. I hope you see a healthy hb. Stick, little basmati! Belly rubs!

Minnie- Thanks for your encouragement, you've helped me to feel more positive that this little one will stick around.

Mum22 - You're right, this IS reet's month. I hope it's everyone's month, really. But I just have a special feeling about Reet right now! Hope you're doing well. Where are you in your cycle?

Alice - Thanks for your kind words. I think it might be wise for me to speak to Kit and Murray about their early pg experiences. I think they can give me some real hope. Best of luck for your last IVF... i really hope you get the children you desire. You seem like such a gentle lovely woman, I hope it happens for you, somehow. Perhaps adoption will be the next option? You're so strong to be so accepting of the path you're on. I have my FX for you, hun.

Kellbell - what a great attitude. I told myself when I had my mc 'I know I can get pg'. That was slightly comforting, but it still doesn't take away the feelings of life being unfair. You're doing so well. Your ttc plan sounds great! You'll be bd'ing more than I did in my bfp cycle, lol.. so I think you're onto a winner!

AFM, went home sick today after spending half the morning with my head in a toilet bowl. Lovely. I think the fact that it's not just MY toilet made me even sicker! Eww... I'm reliving it now. Anyway, feeling a bit better being at home and snuggled up in my dressing gown. It didn't help that one of my co-workers is having a rough time, and long story short, was very rude to me for no reason at all. So being the hormonal mess I am, I got all upset, cried, threw up, cried some more, and ultimately went home. I was starting to feel all stressed out and I thought... Nuts to this. I'm going home with my little bean and resting. The boss was understanding, although I didn't tell him about my co-worker's aggressive attitude. So not up for a heart to heart today. It doesn't help that he doesn't listen, or actually DO anything about these 'people'. Oh, and I guess that was my first official bout of morning sickness type throwing up! HOORAY!!! LOL. I genuinely felt better after each go, too. And here I've been holding it back. From now on I will unleash as neccesary. (sorry for TMI!)

Looking forward to my career change, (as a friend calls it, LOL) from punching bag, to MUMMY!

Stay well, ladies.

Alice - oh my sweet - it is going to be tough... IVF and an angel versary and a TCC anniversary. You are the most amazing woman, and I admire and respect you. Thank you for remembering me. I was thinking about you the other day and was hoping you'd post soon. I am hoping the IVF cycle is a winner for you and DH. Everyone has a different "age" that is their cut off... you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kellbell - sorry about your hopes being dashed.... and having a less than sensitive response from the Dr. It's a fine balance between acknowledging your pregnancy and giving some medical information. Some just don't get it right and I think some just don't even try. I know it's hard when those around you seem to achieve something you hope for so badly. I have to say, despite all my heartache, I still announced this BFP early to those people that I trusted for support. For me it wasn't niavety but rather a conscious decision to embrace and enjoy this for as long as I was blessed to have a bfp, and try to make it as "normal" as possible. My view is that those of us who have suffered such heartache need even more support than those who haven't, especially in those early days. For them, it could just be niavety and lack of understanding of your journey. But really at the end of the day, it's you that has to work your way through those feelings. Hope you're going ok with that, it's not easy.

Reet - hiya my friend.

Forshelby - good work on going home. Sorry the m/s is rough and your co worker is insensitive. I was a weeping mess yesterday and was just so grateful I could just cocoon myself at home and not have to deal with the world.

Hiya to everyone else..... sorry if I have mentioned you by name... I am gradually cutting back on my time in the tcc threads, even though I still think of you often. I'll still lurk of course. Take care.

Ms Kara - try not to worry ( I know mission impossible) but I am glad you're following it up with a scan. Hopefully your blood pressure comes down too. Thinking of you....
    Last edited by dory; July 27th, 2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: extras

MsKara- What time is ur scan?? Am thinking of u. Almost certain that u will be back here tonight saying that everything is fine! Good luck xxx

Mum22 and forshelby- Thanku for being so positive that this is my month.. i wish i felt the same! I really hope ur right.. but lets make it all our months instead!

Forshelby- Oh u poor thing being so sick! Its always better when u can be at home hey.. just being able to snuggle up and watch tv makes everything feel better. And yeah a little gross bout having to use the work toilet.. its ok if ur drunk vomiting (luckily something i havent done since i was 15) u dont think about it then.. lets just hope it was kinda clean! Did u have much for breakfast this morning?? was there much to bring up?? haha maybe thats TMI!! Now just relax today and know that ur little baby is doing perfectly. xx

Kellbell- Excellent that ur bding every 2 days.. has it become routine or do u still make it a bit saucy?? Without doing opks or temping have u noticed any changes with ur body urself..like ur cm or cramping etc.. which cld be linked to Oing?? I wish my body wld give me better signs. So do u think this laid back approach is a bit more stress free and the 2ww will be a bit easier?? Or is ur mind still obsessing over it all like mine constantly is..??

Hi Minnie

Alice- Lovely to see u in here altho i am always checking the other thread to keep up to date with how all u ladies are going I honestly dont know how u have done it..10 yrs is such a long time. U and ur dh must have the strongest relationship ever. I think having that angel bub is just a sign not to give up and like u said ur babies will come to u. Especially since u had gone so long with nothing happening and then to fall pg it means there is some hope. The world works in some mysterious ways... absolutely frustrating at times too! I really really hope this next ivf cycle works.. we will be all waiting in anticipation to see that bfp! Just curious have u ever looked into adoption or surrogacy?? I have heard its almost impossible to adopt a child from australia.. which i find absolutely ridiculous! I had joked with my SIL for ages that she wld be our surrogate mother.. shes one of these ppl that all she has to say is shes ready for a baby and bang next month pg! Only 30 yrs old but 5 kids later she has just had her tubes tied.. so there goes my surrogacy plan! altho im hoping i dont ever have to think seriously about it.

Dory- Yay for ur upcoming scan (i cld have read that in a different thread) So glad that u can finally be really excited about it. U defintely deserve that happiness. xx

Hello everyone else too!

AFM- I just went to the chemist and bought some evening primrose oil.. have heard it increases ur ewcm around O time which makes ur chance of the spermies meeting the egg a lot higher! It also helps to balance out ur hormones.. whcih i think i need.. still having a bit of pink and brown spotting which is very bizzare. Hoping that its all gone in a few days ready for O time!
    I finally have something to look forward too.. we are planning a week long camping trip for our 1 yr anniversary on sep 2nd.. and it will kinda coincide with our angel babies edd.. so it will be nice to get away and spend some time together. And then in Nov we are going to darwin for FILs 50th bday party and then possibly onto Bali.. i dont really want to go to bali if im pg tho incase i get bali belly and cant stop vomiting etc or something else happens.. Cant continuously plan my life around what ifs tho.. or we wont end up doing anything!!

Hope everyone is well xx

What wld i do without u guys on my days off!! haha i wld be so bored!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast