Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 2006 #2

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Shell - So sorry about the BFN sweetpea. You are exactly like me. I don't keep any HPT's in the house anymore because I'm a compulsive POAS-er. Even if I KNOW it's going to be a BFN I just have the URGE to do it. Lets hope it is still early.

Naomi - Welcome to our little group of gorgeous women all working towards the same goal. GL with the OPK's. Lets hope you will have a little bundle waiting at the end of the rainbow for you.

Michelle - I was thinking about you yesterday and how you like long names. What about Gabrielle for a girl? I love that name. I love Johnathon for a boy too. Just leave it to me and I'll choose your names for you! LOL.

Kazz - How are you Petal? Are you getting some gorgeous smiles from Declan?

Nola - I laughed when I read your post telling your Doctor you've never been so happy to feel so sick! I can just imagine you saying that. It's true though. Do you have any inkling to having a little boy or girl inside your belly? Your first scan must be coming up soon is it?

Tamara - I agree, you are one Chirpy Chicken since your weekend away, must have been just what the Doctor ordered for you & Alan. Lets hope it did the trick!!!

Michelle71 - Good luck with the bdfest. I bet your DH is loving this time of the month! LOL.

Tanya - Lets hope it's O time for Show Time!!!!

Me - Well, I'm on CD39, my chart is still showing no ovulation & I didn't get any + OPK's so I'm just waiting for AF to rock up. My first weigh in after my hols was scary but I lost 0.5kg so that takes my total loss to 5.5kg now. I'm pretty happy with that. This morning I put Jessica in the creche at the swimming pools and swam some laps with my sister which was great fun until I heard on the PA 'Can Jayne Shirra please return to the creche'. I just followed the wailing to get me back to Jess. Poor little munchkin. That was the first time she's ever been left in a creche or a day care or anything. She's only ever stayed with family. I'm going to try again on Thursday and try and give it two weeks and see if she improves. At least I got 45 mins of swimming in. I wish I had a HPT to do, I have been getting up during the night to pee & my bb's feel a bit more *meaty* (sorry for the expression, but it's the only way to describe it) & my nipples are quite sore. I know I'm not pg, but I just want to see if on the HPT so I can regroup and focus for the next cycle IYKWIM. Also, I have noticed in my chart that I only seem to ovulate every second month. How strange.

Big Hi's to anybody I may have missed.

Love Jayne

Jayne hope you have fun coming up with nice long names for us. I like both of those names but DH is soooo fussy when it comes to names.
    Well done on the weight loss so far.
    At least you got some swimming in.

I know i have aksed before but what part of Perth are you ? My mind has gone blank and i am sure you have said before. If i remember you are SOR.

Awww Shell, you poor thing. I hope you start to feel better soon and you get a better nights sleep tonight. Have some hot chicken soup.

Jayne, I am doing well thank you and yep Declan is giving me lots of cute smiles. Bummer it loks like you have had annvulatory cycle this time. Hoepfully it is just your body playing tricks on you.

Hi Michelle,
    I'm in Waikiki, which is Rockingham way but we prefer to say Waikiki as Rockingham doesn't have the best name!! LOL.

Shell - Hope you're feeling better soon chicken!

Sometimes you girls can get so busy...lol.. I am behind again!!
    Kazz... Thanks for asking about my Nanna, she has recovered well and is now getting anxious about when she will have to go back again! 1 because she want to get it over with and find out if all is well and 2 because she is worried they will stuff up again and 3 she worries about me taking time from home to run around after her!!! She has too much time on her hands sometimes!! Wow Declan sure is growing...before you know it he will be mobile... and that's when the fun begins!!

Nola... Hope the m/s is treating you bad IYKWIM!!Treacle seems to be giving you a taste of what's to come...sleepless nights, feeling yuk...don't ya just love it??? well done for the 8 week milestone, i really know how much this means to you and how estatic you must be right now....hold on tight cause it's only gonna get better..the stuff dreams are made of...xxxxooo

Michelle... bet you can't wait for that u/s! Not long and you will see your precious bundle! Can't wait to hear the results...

Jayne...Hope your body is just being stupid and you did o after all...good luck sweets..

Shell...Hope you feel better soon, make ure you look after yourself...

Tamara...just when you relax and stop worrying about everything and least expect it...POW BFP!!! I can feel it in the air....brace yourself!! Your about to take a trip on the ARK!!!

Naomi...Welcome and good luck..this would have to be the luckiest place to be, we are the best group of friends a girl could ask for...hope your stay is short and sweet...IYKWIM!!!

Hello to everyone else...

Jan xx

evening all,

hope you are all well. Welcome Naomi, nice to meet you in these circumstances. Hope you dont stay too long here (IYKWIM).
    Sorry to hear BFN Shell, hopefully it was just too early to tell. Look after yourself too, cant go getting sick.
    Tamara, good luck with testing soon. I am feeling good vibes from you.
    Jan, i am glad to hear your nan is ok, not good news that the hospital (doctors) stuffed up so bad. How old is she if you dont mind me asking? My nan (79) just had a fall last week, broke her nose and 2 or 3 ribs. She still works cleaning houses at her age for extra money to help pay bills and now has to take 6 weeks off... no good for her. ]
    Nola i am glad you are feeling sick (IYKWIM) , means that its all working great!!
    Jayne, i didnt think i O's last pgncy but i did, so hopefully you have too....
    Hello to everyone i missed.

I am doing well, hoping that Af gets a move on. Man its been 4 days already get going. I used to only get it for 2-3 days. Not much from me, Holly has been a bugger, going to get on the forum re sleeping and get some very urgent advice fro everyone, so feel free to give me some for those that already have cherubs.....

Bel...my Nan is 72. She just moved here from QLD. Out of 7 kids(2 dec) there are none who are willing to take care of her. She can't drive, walk very far, has arthritis in her spine and one knee cap. She needs someone now and they all wanted her to babysit or sort out their problems...makes me so mad!!! I have 4 boys and love her to pieces and find time to do the things she neeeds done..why can't they?? Selfish i tell ya!!!No matter cause she has me and my family and that's all that matters...
    Hope your nan gets better, she sounds like a real goer!! She sounds fit and I think she will heal quickly...

Jan xx

Fairymum Guest

Default Just checkin in

Hi girls - Welcome Naomi!

By the time I get on at night most of you are well and truly in dreamland... ah, the perils of living on the West Coast.

Amazing how many posts in the past 24 hours, I can't reply to all, but I'd just like to say good luck to everyone this month - new pgs, those hoping to ovulate, those waiting, etc.. it is all so draining, even the good stuff!

I am afraid I belong to the compulsive POAS group... I did a test last Thursday (day 21 of a 26 or 28 day cycle). Pretty dumb really. Anyhoo am on day 25 now was very teary last night so am thinking am pre-menstrual. Will try to hold off buying a HPT until the weekend (assuming AF doesn't show up before then).

Tanya, hope the Engagement party went Ok and that people were sensitive. People can be truly awful without realising it. I was at the shops the other day with my lovely Mum of all people and she kept pointing out all the pregnant bellies!! Clueless. Then my grown niece for want of anything better to say rubs my tummy and says "Are you pregnant?" knowing full well that I am not and that if I was I wouldn't be showing. Oh, and that comment was during the big 60th bash that I organised for my Mum - so even though loud music was playing, it could have been heard (or seen) by any number of people. :mad:

Anyway, just venting sorry if I got carried away.
    Baby dust to every one of you gorgeous girls. Wish me luck on my knicker-watch!!

Morning all,

Just popping in to say a very quick hello.

Hope that you are all well and that we see a few more BFP in the next couple of weeks.

Bel: I hope that your nan is much better and well on the road to a happy and healthy recovery. (it is my nanna's birthday tomorrow, she would have been 87 years old, however she passed away 15 years ago last week, man i miss her so much).

Jan: you are the best. How you doing hun. Thank you for replying to my journal. I am so happy that you are following this journey with me. I just pray everyday that I may be able to do the same with you in the very very near future. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN I KNOW !!!!! Love to you from me and a tickle from Treacle to A,Jan. xoxo

Big hellos and sprinkle of dust to everyone else......Have a great day.

Jayne it's a shame you live so far away i would have come down to see you.

Jan - I think your doing a great job looking after your Nan. It's horrible to think the rest of the family won't help.

Candi - Hope you see a nice BFP when you test this week.

Naomi - How are things going with you ??

Kirsty - Hope you are okay.

Good Morning Girls,

Well the results from my HPT the other day were correct, AF showed her mug this morning , so i have just gone online and ordered 100 opk's for next month, I knew when i took my temp and it had dropped to 36.4 i was in trouble and as soon as i got up there she was. :eek:

Although i am starting to wonder a bit as last month my luteal phase was only 12 days and this month it was only 11, does anybody know if that could be a problem? i thought it was supposed to be 14!!!!

Hope all of you are doing well, will pop back for personals later, i was just ordering my opk's and could not resist to pop in quickly!!

Bye for now!

Shell i am so sorry that AF arrived for you

Really hope the OPK's are able to help you.

Shell - I'm not sure about the luteal phase part. What have the OPK's been showing and what cycle length overall is it making you?? It is usually around 14 days but your ovulation day may have changed. I am having the same problem - cycles from 26-28 with O varying in day (makes the BD fest a challenge to arrange with shift work )

Having fun myself at the moment and yes Jayne - DH does like this part of the month (although he was tired last night but knew that was no excuse!!!)

Have a lovely day girls!!

Morning Girls,
    Thankyou for all your warm welcomes, i really feel like part of the family already!

Im doing ok, AF is really heavy this motnh and giving me the ****s! I cant wait for her to go away so I can get on with things, I cant believe im excited about using OPK's for the first time! Im weird i know LOL
    With the wasy Rick and I are atm we'll prob only end up holding off for one month!! Everytime there is a baby on t.v Rick reaches for my hand and gives it a squeeze or if we are in bed watching t.v he'll roll over and hug me asking if the dreaded AF is gone yet? and when i say no (as only been 3days today LOL) he's like oooo no baby yet then, hugs me and then rolls back over! Men - but I really love him for it.

There is so much to catch up on here
    Jayne - That was my reason for putting a rainbow ticker up, i really want to know whats at the end of it! I've already looked at the end of one last month but i dont think it was a real rainbow! LOL. Congrats on the weight loss and hopefully you did o and the opk just didnt register it! Baby dust you way. Poor Jessica, hopefully she'll get used to it and make some friends out of it!

Jan - I know what you mean about your Nanna, mine is pretty similar, they worry so much about things they dont need to. My Nanna recently went in to get the bridges around her heart closed, they did this by burning them closed, to make the pacemaker work properly! the fist op they did, didnt work, they went up through one of her legs to the heart, the 2nd op they went through the other leg (she has 7kids and a million grandkids, so I only went to the 2nd one) when she came out of the op, we were trying to listen to what the Dr's were saying (my mum, my cousin and me) and my nanna just started screaming saying im going to die! apparently they only gave her a local for her leg, so when they passed her leg up to her heart she could feel it and they could smell herself burning when they closed off the bridges! Poor Nanna, in the end (i have only seen my nanna cry once before) I had to walk away and cry outside, i didnt want her seeing i was upset. But crikies the piercing screams she did! So now she is worried it hasnt worked and she'll have to go in for another op! So i know where you are coming from! But Nannas seem to be resiliant (sp??) and are that tuff, i need to get a few lessons from her!

A big to everyone else, as i have written a essay with 2 personals, i think i will have to learn to cut down so i can get everyone in LOL!

Shellstar,
    I have the same problem, my LP phase is 12, 11 and has been 10. Did go to doc's and ob's as I thought there was a problem. I was using microscope and seemed to be ferning all over the place, even after ovulation, thought I had hormone problem. Ferning is suppose to detect estrogen, during the LP phase the dominant hormone is suppose to be prostegene. Had hormones checked and all is ok. I assume the ferning I picked up was most likely because we always have some estrogen levels at all times, which is why I don't like microscopes anymore, too unreliable. Ob's was quite happy with all of my charts and didn't suggest any medication. I think once it falls under 10 days, then there could be a problem, but he was not concerned at all.
    I have been taking vitamin B6 for last couple of months. (read somwhere that this can help regulate cycle) This vitamin is needed for the production of prostglandins and is often used to relieve pms symptons and nausea during pregnancy. (I read this off the bottle) This month I ovulated day 14, normally I don't o until day 16, so I don't know whether the vitamin b6 is working? Anyway, I've still got a week till I'll test, if positive, maybe the vitamin b6 did its job? Like you, I have been concerned about LP dropping but stopped worry once I went to docs. If your concerned, maybe see a doctor. Maybe try the vitamin b6 this month.
    goodluck
    lilylou
    Last edited by lilylou; May 30th, 2006 at 12:29 PM.

Hi girls

Sell, I am so sorry that AF came to visit!!
    My LP is usually only 11 days and I don't have any problem conceiving. I know that vitex (after 3months of taking it) can aid in rectifying any LP problems.

Naomi, sorry that AF is being a cow! I hope it doesn't last too long. I like using OPK's I think it is because I am a POAS addict so opk's give me relief!! LOL

Michelle, I hope you catch the egg!! Have fun

And just when I thought my body was beginning to get back on track, I have had some spotting! I thought it was AF, but it isn't red enough and not a great deal is making it to my pad. It started yesterday with funny coloured CM, Today its rather thick and red/brown and almost grainy looking, so maybe there was a little bit left and my body is discharging it! Sorry that was way tmi!!

Anyway I hope you are all feeling well.

Tanya

Hey Thanks lilylou for you help, it always nice to hear that others are having similar experiences, goodluck when you test in a weeks time!!

Tanya, I can't remember if you had a d&c or not, but my first proper cycle after m/c, i had a similar spotting, AF had finished and then about 4 or 5 day i started to get a brownish reddish cm, so i went to the dr about it and she said its totally normal for you body to take a couple of months to get back to normal after m/c and it could actually be O causing the light spotting as your body is quiet tender after d&c, the next cycle i was back to normal.

Naomi, Im the same, i was excited about using opk's the first time, cause you know that its a something new that may help you get that longed for bubba!! goodluck using them!!

Michelle71, good on you having fun, it tends to become such a chore after a while!!!

Jayne, congrats on the weight loss, poor little jessica, hope she settles in the creche` for you, so you get lots of swimming in, have you O'd yet???

Jan, What a lovely grand daughter you are, I was the same with my Nanna until she passed away in 2001, It so nice to see you still popping in & out!!!

Candi, Im also a compulsive POAS, I think they may need to make a group up POAS ANONYMOUS!!! I am going to try not to buy them, cos if there in the cupboard i will use them!!

Nola, Love the name you have choosen for little Treacle, very cute, I have been keeping my eye on your journal, its great to see the weeks fly by!! when do go for a scan??

Belinda, Hope AF removes herself quick, Hopefully Holly will start sleeping for you soon, I have never had much trouble with getting Hayleigh to sleep, she has always just been put into bed and she puts herself to sleep, so im sorry that i can't be more help. goodluck with it though!

Tamara, Any signs or symptoms you should be reporting to us????

Well as you all know, im on CD 1 and eager for it to end to start BD all over again, i don't think i will use the saliva microscope this time, it was pretty hopeless for me, gave me ferns when i was not O'ing and didn't give me any when i was, as i said early i have armed myself with 100 opk's so there's no way im gonna miss that sucker this time round!!!! hopefully i have enough pee to use them all!!!

Anyway off to put some washing away, YUK, a womens work is never done!!

Hello everyone,

Shell, I am so sorry AF turned up. to you. I will have everything crossed that this cycle brings you a BFP.

Jan, glad your nanna is doing better. I can totally understand her being anxious about the op etc.. How are you going??

Tanya, maybe it is your body going back to normal after the m/c or maybe it was implantation bleeding?!

Tamara, how are you going today?? Any sign of a BFP??

Jayne, sorry forgot to say last night, congrats on the weight loss matey.

Hello to everyone else.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast