Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ September 2010

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ September 2010

Welcome to TTC after Loss or Miscarriage for those of you who have just joined us. We hope your TTC journey is quick and successful. We are sure you will find much loving support from the other women on this challenging journey.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Rouge
    Inanna
    MistyFying
    Spring Angel

Their email addresses can be found here

You may also like to consider taking a look at the comprehensive and informative BellyBelly Conception Articles which may help you in your journey.

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications. Any FIRST or GOLD posts etc will be deleted.

You will find the previous thread HERE.

Hi everyone, still lurking. Struggling to keep up. So much chatting. Every time i log in I read determinedly (sp?!) through all the pages i've missed then by the time i get to the end i'm too exhausted to post!

Some random persies (based on memory): Good luck Kelbell and mum22 with your results. Bons: numbers sound great. Twins would be awesome. Forshelby: LMAO at your modern fairy tale. Thankful to say i have never seen the kind of fairies you swept out of your house! Dory: how's it going? Loops, sorry for BFN this month. Great to hear you're gearing up for IVF. Mathewsmum: Wishing you sticky vibes for this month's transfer. Clairesmummy: This months BDing efforts sound rustic and romantic (and hopefully private: hope DD sleeps as 'planned'. I notice mine always stays determinedly awake when I especially want her to sleep in a hurry cos i'm going out or something!) Minnie mouse: think i forgot to say hi last time. I agree: we'll be TTC about the same time in October i think (If i can make myself hold off till then). Damprye: I didn't quite understand your post. Which thread will you be moving to? Hi to anyone else i missed.

AFM: 2 weeks since my mc bleeding stopped (after 8 wks!) and i appear to have AF! Not fair!!!! At least i hope that's what it is. Now that i think about it, a couple of days after the 'old' bleeding tapered off 2wks ago i started getting some pain on the right hand side for a couple of days. I now wonder if that was ovulation. Then i started feeling crappy and headachey on Friday and when I started bleeding that night i realised i must have AF... i think. Has anyone else had AF show up so soon after the end of a mc? I think it's technically possible for it to be AF if bleeding has stopped for 2wks.

Forshelby - Your story made me laugh and DH gag!!! Glad you could laugh about it after!!
    Possum - It does sound like af, maybe you are slipping straight into 28 day cycles?
    Reet - Hope you are home safe n sound!
    Mum22 - I hope bleeding stops for you, hugs hun xxx
    Big hugs for everyone xxxx
    AFM - Weekends go too quickly!!! I fell down a the stairs yesterday afternoon, i have bruises up my left leg and the biggest one on my butt cheek...Im so clumsy!!! ms is starting to hit harder which is nice, although its not much fun losing everything i have eaten minutes after eating it. Trying to work out when to have scan so DH can be there, maybe monday next week.
    xxx

Default Hi Ladies

Mum22 ~ So sorry you are going through this scary time, i hope and you are just one of those many people that spots and cramps during pregnancy. Most likely hun - keep ya chin up and will have FX tight for you

Damprye ~ You might not see this but just in case - will be sad not to see you in here but may see you in the other threads and will keep in touch on FB. Hope you are doing ok hun and GL with the IVF, FX for you! xo

Possum ~ Sounds like AF to me too - hope it is and your system is getting back to normal so you can get back in the saddle, FX!

Bons ~ Hope you are ok after falling down the stairs. Hugs back xo

AFM ~ Still waiting for AF - CD34 today and still hoping she wont turn up at all but if she does im all ready to start the pill and will be hoping time goes quick for Oct.

Hi everyone ~

Mum22- Oh im so sorry to hear ur going thru a rough patch has the spotting stopped yet?? when are u getting more bloods done?? 2 weeks til ur next scan is going to feel like the longest time

Forshelby- U sure are 1 clever storyteller! 12 weeks woohoo!!!!! I really hope ur dp can come for ur scan.. FX!!

Matthewsmum- I hope ur 2ww goes super quick! Will u wait for the bt or test early?? Good luck x

Damprye- Good luck on ur journey. What thread are u moving too??

Clairesmummy- O time soon! When are u going to start the bding bonanza??

Stoked- Guessing u have already started ur bding bonanza??

Loops- Yay so good to hear that the ball is finally rolling for u!

Kell- Have u gone for scan yet??! Come on! Im hanging in suspense!!!

Possum- Oh i hope it is af coming and not some other random bleed. Does it feel like its af?? Did u get cramps and heavy bleed etc..??

Bons- Yay for m/s!! Sorry to hear u fell down stairs.. did it freak u out?? Im hopefully going for scan next monday too.. only cos i have to work it around when dh is going to be here as well.. exciting exciting!!

AFM- Well we got to our destination..Weipa.. a 9-10 hr drive ended up taking about 12-13 hrs cos of car troubles. I cant understand how u can pay $1300 for a service only 2 days before but something still goes wrong.. it was the worst grinding sound ever! DH isnt too happy.
    We are having a great time tho.. SIL has 5 kids so we are just busy running amok with them.. lots of babies and puppies to play with!
    Its hard keeping our secret a secret. SIL is pretty switched on.. she just knows when someone is pg.. she hasnt come out and asked me yet thank goodness cos i wldnt be able to lie!
    I am just about to ring and make my scan for next monday.. i think i wld like to wait a bit longer but its really the only day that dh will be able to be there.. FX there will be a heartbeat!
    My bbs are finally feeling sore and tender! Yay! Im getting a slight case of thrush too.. so no hanky panky for a few days.. and im feeling queasy.. but that cld be cos im so blocked up.. honestly i havent done anything but kangaroo pebbles! (Way tmi I know!) So its a fruit and lots of water day for me today.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.. i love being on holidays.. it doesnt even matter what the day is!

xxx

Possum - i really hope this is AF and your body is getting back to normal. at least you have a firm date to start counting from now!

Bons - how exciting for your scan !!!

Loops12 - my bet is you might just get a BFP this month... FX for you.

AFM - i'm think i'm about 4DPO and i noticed that i have creamy CM today... is this normal? I O'd a few days early this cycle (i got a positive OPK, plus had sore nipples, plus was quite frisky - Sorry if TMI!!) and now i'm worried that maybe it was a false positive and i'm yet to O... is it possible to get a false positive with an OPK?? i've also had tingling in my stomach for the last couple of weeks - what on earth could this be?? maybe it's just me imagining symptoms?? geez who knows. plus i never seem to get EWCM at all - should i be worried?

Wow it's all been happening in here over the week end. Hope you are all well and safe.
    Bons- Hope you are ok after your fall sending hugs to you.
    Mum22- Hope you are feeling ok and the spotting has stopped for you, sending you massive amounts of sticky vibes and hugs.
    Possum- After my MC AF showed up pretty quickly as well I think by memory I had stopped bleeding and then about 18days later AF arrived. Hope all is going well for you.
    Loops- Here's hoping and FX you have a no show from AF and you get your well deserved BFP this month darl......sending you lots of baby dust and sticky vibes.
    AFM- Well had an interesting week end, poor old DF got hammered in the cattle race yesterday tagging the cattle we are sending to the sales this afternoon he was a total cripple last night but reassures me he is a little better today so no DTD for us for awhile I would say......gggrrrrrrr.....if it's not 1 thing it's another......I'm hoping that O will be on time this month which makes it for this week end coming Still waiting for my OPKs to arrive in the post getting very impatient about them and hope I don't O before they get here. I have had creamy white CM today and yesterday so hopefully the OPKs will be here tomoro and I will O towards the end of the week early next week. HMMM waiting waiting waiting and with all this waiting I'm hoping DFs leg will be all good before then so we can get to DTD like NOW please......lol.....guess I'm a little frustrated atm.....Anyhow ladies I hope you all have a lovely day today. Sorry if I have missed anybody. Take care.

Clairesmummy - oh your poor DF... yet another obstacle to getting Preg !

Reet - good luck with your scan. it must be impossible to keep such a wonderful secret to yourself.

bons - ouch! do you find you're more clumsy when Preg?

AFM - well i'm definitely going crazy and "symptom spotting" at the moment. i'm either 4 or 5 DPO and i'm feeling some twinges in the lower right side of my belly... implantation please !!!!???? or maybe it's just my lunch probably a bit early for implantation... although last time i got a BFP at 8DPO so it's not impossible? (someone please talk some sense into me)

afternoon all,clairesmummy-hope dh gets better soon,maybe some creative positioning time...glenglen-i don't think having the cm is a worry...reet-knowing me i'll probably test early...loops12-still hoping af doesn't show for you but you've got a good plan if she does...bons-you be careful on those stairs,bet you tell ds to be careful all the time,then you go and do it...possummagic-hope it all gets sorted soon.I think you can ovalute 2 weeks after m/c bleed.I had a small bleed about 2 weeks after intial bleeding,everyone seems to vary though...mum22-glad things went well at dr's,i don't think the u/s would be harmful ....afm-I'm 3 days post 5 day embie transfer & getting brownish blood streaked cm,i'm scared that ttransfer has been unsuccessful once again

well i had my scan im only 5 w and 3 days we saw the yolk sak and everything looks good just too early to see bubs yet
    i must have ovulated soooooooooo late in my cycle how strange is that. all that temping and opks and my body did it when it wanted . made it seem much more real to see something in there. ill have to wait a few more weeks to see the heartbeat

better put my ticker back a few days due the 29th april now

im so in love with this baby already and its a yolk sac

Hi Ladies, Will try to catch up!

Kellbell~ Great news on the scan!

Matthew's mum~ FX the streaked CM is just lil embie getting comfortable for the nest nine months!

Glenglen~ Symptoms sound positive! When will you test?? I have also had a BFP at 8DPO.

Claire'smummy~ Luckily DH doesn't REALLY need his leg to DTD

Reet~ Glad you are having a great time! Yes, BDing has begun, BUT DH just got a new job working away and has to leave on Wed... Last AF was 20/8 so i think O day will be 2/9 which means he will be away then! We will get in our last BDing on 1/9 so may still be in with a chance?! Oh well, when it happens it happens i guess!

Loops~ Is AF late then!? Might not need the IVF afterall?!

Bons~ Yay on MS! Boo for falling down the stairs! Be careful with yourself!!

Possum~ I had a D&C and had AF arrive pretty much exactly 28 days afterwards! Hope this is AF for you and you can get yourself into a regular cycle so you can start again soon.

Forshelby~ Great story! Maybe time to put up another blog entry!

Mum22~ How is the spotting now? Hope it has left the building and FX that bub is snuggling in nicely x

Hello everyone else!

AFM~ As i said to Reet, DH is going away on Wed (CD13) so don't know if we are in with a chance this month. Will get plenty of BDing in before he goes so FX.

Hope you all have a lovely day, I'm just about to eat some cheesecake i made yesterday... it's delicious!!

Kym x
    Last edited by ~Stoked~; August 30th, 2010 at 02:24 PM.

yah kellbell for your little yolk sac!!

matthewsmum - could it be implantation bleeding??

Default Thanks ladies

Thank you, you guys are so wonderful, really think AF is on the door step however.

Reet ~ thanks hun bugger about the car - that would suck. Im sure you will see a nice little heartbeat very soon hun, all will be worth the wait!

Glenglen ~ Thanks heaps hun. I think CM even that long after O'ing can be normal. I think it can vary from cycle to cycle. Im sure everything will be on track. I hope you've caught the egg hun, FX! The signs sound good!

Clairesmummy ~ Ohh ouch for your DP. Hoping all the timing works out for the best hun, FX!

Matthewsmum ~ thanks hun! Wow 3 DPT that spotting should be a good sign then shouldnt it - as wouldnt it be way too early for it to be AF? Hoping its implantation, FX

Kellbell ~ Woohoo - so happy for you everything looks good. FX all continues smoothly and time goes quick so you can see that lil heartbeat soon!

Stoked ~ I think you wrote your post whilst I was still doing mine. Thanks - usually my cycles are about 32-34 days and usually come on a Sun or Mon (weird). My last cycle was 32 days so I am a little surprised she hasnt come yet but I do feel she's still coming.
    I am getting sharp kinda jabs in the tum today so hopefully pg pains not AF but dont think so as I also have a headache (usually not good sign).

I hope you catch the egg before DH goes away, good luck, FX!

kellbell-glad the scan went well...stoked &glenglen-hope so...loops-i'm doing a hrt this cycle,so i was thinking that would bring af forward maybe,i remember when i did fresh transfer i had spotting (it was more red that time) 3 or 4 days after transfer,and that turned into full on af,by the time bt was due af had been & gone(af usually only visits me for 1 & half,sometimes 2 days)

Mum22 - I'm surprised they didn't do an internal u/s... perhaps they would have seen more? And don't worry about them pressing hard... I think they only do that to make you feel like you might pee your pants. LOL. Baby is well protected, they're right. I fell down the stairs (nothing dramatic, just a bit of a stumble and bum-slide down a few steps) when I was almost 6 weeks, and all is well. I know you're freaking out, but it's just so early..... they wouldn't be able to see much if anything. I don't know why they even put you through the worry, when they know they won't be able to see. I'll be keeping my FX for you for your 7 week scan.

Possum - You've never seen the crawling fairies?! Oh my gosh.. can I come and live with you? I still don't know where they came from, or how that disaster happened....... I'm just trying to get on with my life LOL. And correction. They were sprayed, swept, squished, and bleached out of my house. I'm pretty sure that sounds like AF to me. With such a complicated mc, I imagine you might be a bit out of whack, OR as you said, could have been Oing most of that time and it would have been impossible to distinguish regular AF from the mc bleeding. That's my theories anyway! Have some chocolate, icecream, cheeseburgers.. all that good stuff and just relax knowing a new cycle has begun. Hooray for fresh starts.

Bons - LOL I was afraid I might cause some gagging.... but among the pg women, NOT your DH! Hahaha.... the poor man. Ask him how he thinks I felt having to clean it up through a haze of ms related nausea! I'll tell you how I did it though. Super mummy powers. I hope you're ok after your little tumble down the stairs... I too took a similar tumble earlier in my pg and freaked RIGHT out... hehe. Good to see you're so calm! Good luck with your upcoming scan.

Loops - *ears ***** up* no AF? Could it be....?

Reet - Glad you liked my tale of terror. Hmm, maybe I should have gone for a spooky graveyard theme instead.. haha. All I can say about the car service is WOW it was expensive..... did you take the limo? LOL I would be taking the car back and smacking that mechanic upside the head with a spanner. But that's just me Oh and [email protected] the kangaroo pebbles again. I'll join you in the TMI zone here, and admit it's finally happening to me. I couldn't er.. go at all for 3 days! This is my first taste of the awful kangaroo pebble discomfort. I swear I look 20wks pg.... My belly is so bloated. Good luck for your scan next week, and I'm craving watermelon now (to match my belly size, LOL) so I think I'd better go and raid the fridge.

Glenglen - It depends on what your cm is usually like throughout the month. They (the great pregnancy gurus) say that after O the rise in progesterone dries up your cm... or something like that. When I got my BFP, I found it never really dried up like it normally did. Not sure about the tummy tingling... can you describe it more? Don't worry too much about ewcm.. if it's really bothering you, get some preseed. And about the symptom spotting, it's hard not to. I have no sense to offer you, I'm too hormonal. LOL

Clairesmummy - Do you think you could perhaps get DF drunk and take advantage of him?? If not, your O time should hopefully co-incide with DF's miraculous recovery.

Matthews mum - I know you're scared. But I have a feeling it could be implantation. My spotting started on 8dpo (which is where you would be at according to embie's age) and then got my BFP. FX for you, hun... My spider sense is tingling, and I think this is it for you. Do you think some headstands or other gravity enhancing moves might help?

Kellie - Yay for a successful scan! I know the feeling.. I fell in love with my 2 pink lines the instant I saw them. Now I'm in love with my obscenely large belly for bubby's gestation. Really, it's crazily growing. Looking forward to hearing about your next scan!

Stoked - I will search for the inspiration to write another blog entry. I really should post more.... more than once, ever that is. LOL. Your bd schedule sounds good to me! Get to it, woman! And can I have some cheesecake, please? Would you believe I'm cheesecake deficient right now? What a co-incidence.

AFM, 12 weeks today! This morning got off to a hectic start. I had to be up at 5am to take my sister and her DF to the international airport. They're going to Vegas to get married! Exciting. Anyway, I don't know if it was the pressure to perform (LOL) or what, but I woke up around 4 and just couldn't sleep. I ended up tossing and turning until 5, then left early to beat the traffic. Didn't get home until almost 10am! The traffic was murder, and Brisbane is about an hour and a half from where I live at the best of times. So, I thought I'd be pro-active and get my bt's done on the way home. OH GOD IT HURT. I felt lightheaded immediately, but thankfully she only took one vial. I couldn't find anywhere to look where there weren't vials of blood!! Luckily, I got through it without fainting, throwing up, or crying.. hehe. My arm is still sore though, and I think it's going to bruise.

Well, that's my exciting day in a nutshell. I hope everyone is well and I feel another BFP coming on. Loops? Matthewsmum? Glenglen? Anyone else?

Ooh congrats forshelby on getting to the 12 week milestones. So very very happy for you sweetie!!!
    Kell, that puts us just days apart with pregnancies. I'm 5w2d today They 'thought' they could see yolk sac in ours but was just too early to tell. Just looked like a black spot with a little grey circle thing in the corner. There was a second black spot next to the 'baby' spot which dr said was fluid of some sort or something. Funny I kept looking at it and wondering how they could tell the difference they both looked the same.....scary thought to myself maybe it will be twins.....eek!! Doubt it tho as dr didnt think much of it. He said the second black spot could be where bleeding coming from possibly he couldnt really tell what it was.
    Matthews mum sounds more like implantation bleeding and brown blood is old blood sweetie so it may well be implantation. Last preg I had an implantation bleed which was sorta brown EWCM (sorry TMI alert)
    Clairesmummy getting ready for the O day.....hope those OPK tests get a scoot on!!
    Reet glad all is well for you sweetie. I reckon you will be fine and see a HB next week as it will be sooooo close to 7 weeks. I didnt see one first preg at 6 weeks but at 6w6d I did.
    Thanks to everyone else for their well wishes!!
    AFM I went to Dr today and req another BT which I will get the results of this afternoon so am looking forward to knowing which way I am headed I suppose. Hoping it is a good direction. When I went in this morning this smelly couple sat right next to me and I sat there putting my hands over my mouth to stop myself gagging trying to smell my hands and after 60 seconds it was just tooooo much for me I went and stood outside the waiting room. I normally have a really good stomach, just their smell was so damned offensive it made me feel like hurling. Oh and add to that previously to that I'm sitting on a chair if you can picture a set of 4 chairs all joined together and there is a man sitting on another set of chairs facing my chairs and he is seriously, like, kicking the chair at the end of my chairs causing my chair to move. I have NEVER felt like just punching someone out until that very moment it was F****** annoying to say the least and I felt my cheeks burning with anger......eek how awful of me. But it is the truth it really really annoyed me!!!!!
    I am thinking of booking my scan in for the end of next week I will be just shy of 7 weeks (saturday) so I figure there should be a HB and if there isnt then it may be too early but seriously to leave it until the following week is just too much of a wait for me.

How did your levels go mum22?
    we must be almost due the same date our levels have been similar too
    im going in wed morning for more blood tests
    Hoping to go back mon in two weeks for another scan

Chopping up chicken tonight made me ill and i can still smell it - i dont think i can even eat it now

yuk for the smelly couple too

will be back later and catch up on everyone else

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast