Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ Dec 07/Jan 08

Angel Babies- What on earth are you doing up at 5am?! Hope you are looking after yourself properly; get some sleep! I was full of good intent to do a 'workout' this morning- but ended up in front of the telly with mug ot tea and peanut butter on toast Oh well, it's the thought that counts eh?! I don't do charting (yet!!) so can't help with your question, sorry.

Mollycat, welcome Hope you have good news soon

BettyB- Hope af comes soon for you. Keep your chin up and make sure DH treats you to something nice for your birthday. maybe you'll get the best gift of all this year...!? Fingers crossed! (TempusM could make you a lovely cybercake )

Hi Laura, Hi Trac, Hiya everyone, have a great weekend

Default Nickster

Ohhhh Nickster I paid for it today...... I was up because i just couldnt sleep.... this whole charting and ov was driving me insane trying to work it out. So basically the conclusion is that last that i have ov and had done a bit of the dancin at the same time....... baby dancin. My thought is that if i did just ov then that means in 2 weeks i will either be happy chappy or AF will visit..... either way i will know where i stand so i m fine with that.

i m not discounting natural after our ivf mainly because our health has increased 10 fold and we actually dancy dance on the right days now.

Ohhhh but today.... i was sooooooooo slow at work. lucky i m the boss and i can hide in my office

For those of you on TWW i m so in there with you..... and more so than that i m focasing on a long term pregnancy for you

I know this year is a good one......

Default No cake for me

That's it. I can't take anymore of this cake talk! My cupboards are bare and the best I can do is a withered apple!

Hi All. I have been really busy at work this week and have not had the chance to catch up with you guys. It has been great to sit with a cup of tea and an imaginary slice of cake and find out what you have all been up to!

Hello to Leigh and to Mollycat, sorry to hear of your losses, hope you have some luck soon

Betty B, where is AF?? Hope she comes soon

Angel Babies, good on you going to the gym. I have also decided that I cannot shy away from exercise, as I no longer have the excuse that I am pregnant, and have discovered that my fitness level has taken a dive! I am in a running club, and the rest of the gang have no idea what has been going on with me. Instead of jogging along at a (fairly) respectable rate, I now keep pace with one of our slowest runners. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to keep at it...

Nickster, as a fellow 'pomme' (sp?), are you also madly jellous of the aussie/ Kiwi / SA weather?? Here in the UK, it is cold, dark, wet, grey, wet, soggy, nasty, wet, .... Roll on spring! It is a great idea to get a haircut, I think I may just follow your example and book myself in for a re-style this week.

I have had a weird day today. The first thing that happened was that one of my patient's had her 18 month old son with her and he started crying, so I lifted him out of his buggy and onto his mum's lap. This should not really be a weird thing, but I dont have children of my own and dont spend any time with them at work. It was lovely to see how he stopped cying when he was in his Mum's arms and how the two of them responded to each other. Am I being a bit loopy? Maybe it is my hormones, it just made me think that I would really love to have that connection with my own son or daughter one day..
    The next thing is what I have been almost dreading since my m/c happened. A friend told me that she is pregnant. I was pleased that my immediate reaction was of thorough happiness for her, but I cant help being a tad jelous. She is 10 weeks, which is where I was when I started bleeding. She did not know about my m/c and stupid me, I just blurted out that i had been preg too, then had to tell her the rest.

To everyone who is waiting, for Af, for O, 2ww for hosp appointments, etc.. I know where you are coming from, keep your chins up! I am getting bored of the odd bleeding / discharge / cramping that has been going on for the last 2 weeks. I was told not to do BD until bleeding stopped, so no getting jiggy to while away the long wait.

Hope you all have a fab weekend, happy TTC ing!
    C.

HI all,
    so sick of packing...
    Had a funny day yesterday, late afternoon I had some bleeding again after the m/c.
    It was only light, but I hadn't bled for about 3-4 days since the m/c so I thought it was all over.
    Doctor did say if I started bleeding again to go back and see him, but I have no car and no inclination.
    Just feel like it was allll supposed to be over but it comes back to bite you on the bum just when you start to move on.
    It seems to have stopped now, just some light brown discharge when I wipe (TMI sorry)
    maybe it was because we BD the night before?
    I dunno, just sick of it all really, luckily DP was a good boy last night and made a huge batch of Anzac Biccies so I can go and drown my sorrows with a few and a nice cup of tea, unfortunately it's too early for beer

...Laura

Default ll80

Blame the Baby Dance.... each time mine stopped after I lost my 2 if we did ANY dancing it came back but just for a tad. Hubby would go.... I thought it had finished... I just said back to him what do you expect... come on .... think about it... what just happened..... he was like... ohh Ok I suppose.... My thought was... i m not going without the BD so if it means afterwards a bit of spotting then so be it. give me the dancin anytime

My M/C was a week before yours, did a bit of dancing yesterday and there was nothing afterwards...... well except a smile... or two.

Must be what it is because all seems to have cleared up now.

I won't be going without dancing either, might just send me insane

Hi all,

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. DH went away this morning and wont be back til Wednesday. Of course I got my 1st positive opk this morning so I guess I'll ovulate while he's away we did however last night so im that those little swimmers will make it to my Im not feeling confident though.

fingers crossed for you leigh

good luck leigh!!

Default Leigh

Fingers crossed they like to swim for a while ...... good luck.......

I covered all bases with ov the last few days..... happy hubby

Leigh- Good Luck!

Laura- Hope the move goes ok. We moved in April and I remember what a tedious job the packing (and unpacking again) was. In fact, I'm sure there's a few boxes still in the attic that need sorting. Doh!

Canary- Hi Yes I am Sooooo jealous of the Aussie weather- I'm totally a summer person! Looking forward to spring, and for this yucky rain to disappear, and for some good news some time soon (fingers crossed !??)

DH and I have decided that if we haven't fallen pg before the end of April we are going to give it up for another year, maybe entirely. This is because my DS (nearly 15) and DD (13) will be taking important exams next summer (2009), so a new baby during that time would be unfair. Of course DH and I will also be older (He'll be 40 and I'll be 35) before we would be in aposition to even start trying again, so maybe it'll be too late then. What do you think?

We went out last night (for the first time socially) to a work colleague's 'do.' It did us both the world of good and despite (slight) hangovers- we rolled home at 2.30am this morning (It's Saturday here) we feel more 'normal' again!! I found myself totally relaxed and had a really lovely, giggly evening which was a pleasant surprise as I was nervous about how I would be.

Look at me writing an entire essay- sorry girls!!
    Have a great day, Hi and Bye to all xx
    hope to hear some brilliant news soon from TWW ladies

Default nickster

I questioned for a long time whether I was "past it" when it comes to having more children as I already have an 18 year old son as well as a 16 year old son to a previous marriage. If it were just me then yes I would have left it at that and focussed on how good it will be to be a grandmother..... not in a hurry.... still to young of course. But 4 years ago I remarried and my I love my husband in a way that is impossible to measure. To me it was an easy decision to go through this so that he can experience the joy of being a parent.

Sometimes its like I m looking at my life from outside and goodness Its ummmmmm origional. Here I was last night in the chat room on BB talking away, when my son, 18, says "mum could you drop me and my mate at the pub, we ll catch the bus from there into the city" and at the same time I was working on my memorial book for my angels. Its like I have to stop sometimes to do a double take on my life and where I am in it.

I suppose doing things the "normal" way has never really been me. So I suppose a teenage pregnancy (18) and then now an "old persons" (38) pregnancy sort of fits in and yet during my normal reproductive years I was on the Pill.

So I suppose my longggggg answer for you is. Your not to old if its the right thing to do and only you and your DH can decide that.

To those of you in the "old persons" catagory, obviously that s not how we really are just how the people in white jackets see us. .......... Maybe we should put them in white jackets that actually tie up....... AT THE BACK

Default A question

I promise not to babble on so much today.

Good Luck Leigh,

Nickster, I'm glad to hear that you have been letting your hair down. Good luck with that hangover!

A Question : My mood has been all over the place for the last couple of days. Really down, then feeling better, (mainly because the sun is shining for once, hurrah!), then down again and grumpy and snappy at DH. I dont think this is AF on her way, it's a bit soon. Does this sound familiar post m/c?? Am hoping I can blame this on my hormones 'cos otherwise I am turning into a monster.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Default Canary

Well Canary we both miscarried on the same day, I can completely relate to you. I feel like one second I am the absolute b1tch and then the next minute I m looking at those around me, my family and I just have so much love for them it brings me to tears. Followed by wanting to scream at them.

Ohhhh and people skills at work.... ohhhh forget it. I m incrediably blunt with people and there is no mistaking for them if i m not happy with their work. So much so that I hide in my office, the walls of my office are driving me crazy but I m better being in there than i suppose "taking it out on others"

It is also probably why I have become addicted to BB. I dont have to be anyone, or anything...... I m allowed to be a mother mourning the loss of her babies, surrounded by people who do not judge me and who know what I m going through. That freedom gives me enjoyment, enjoyment that I have not been able to find face to face with people yet and helps me on my road to recovery beyond what is imaginable.

The way I look at it, and the way I have explained it to My wonderful hubby (see he is good again, i was cranky at him earlier) who I am right now is a mother grieving, time heals grief and i suspect that time will get me back to myself again or will at least settle the not so nice side of me down.

Default Angel Babies

Phew! Thanks Hun, I'm glad it's not just me. And at work too!! Since I have been back, I have managed to unintentionally upset six different people and was way too snappy at a poor junior yesterday. Had to make up by being extra nice for the rest of the morning!
    I am also addicted to BB and really missed it when I didnt have the time to log in over the last week.
    Thanks again!
    C.

Ladies it's time for a new thread. You can find it here. All the best.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789