Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 08

pash - I've got my fingers crossed it's implantation too! I can't believe the spotting is still going, though it's only occasionally and that at least I don't have to wear a pad or anything with it.

Hope all you ladies are well, I should go to bed now seeing I've gotta be up in 6 hours!

fingers crossed for you LJ

Betty - Thankyou I'm feeling 'funny' today - just not like myself

fiona264 Guest

Post Frustrated

Hi all,

I have been trying to conceive since my miscarriage last year. I have been doing alot of reading and realised that i have PCOS. I have bought a book "Managing PCOS for dummies" and is the best book ever.

Good diet is the key (Low GI). Any one else noticed any symptoms? I am about to go to the PCOS thread, but wanted to say hi to all.

I say if it was meant to happen, it will.....
    Last edited by fiona264; March 20th, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Well AF turned up today exactly 30 days after my m/c. So were back on the trying wagon. Charting, CM, ferny saliva. DTD every 36hs day 10-18.

Fiona624 - nice to meet you! I LOVE the low GI diet, I am so glad I have met someone else who is happy with the diet. I have always suffered terrible acne, while I was not ttc and on the pill my skin was fine. Since I stopped taking the pill I was feeling like a teenager again. After 2 unexplained x m/c my ob/gyn suggested that maybe I have insulin resistance or PCOS (which blood tests confirmed I don't) but I started the low GI diet anyway as it just seems like the way to go for general good health. After 3 weeks I noticed the redness and puffiness in my skin's appearance had eased, after about 10 - 12 weeks I had really clear skin and continue to. I do get little break outs around af time but just tiny little ones that go away overnight. It's funny now when I eat something really bad (like a big slice of cake) I always get a nasty pimple approx 3 days later then it takes another 3 days to clear. Amazing - I swear by this diet. I also lost a bit of weight since starting the diet too. Hopefully my new body will carry next bub to term.
    There are some great low GI cookbooks - I love to cook so have been enjoying trying new things. Good luck hope you get your BFP soon ! ! !

Pash - he he he, re: mile high club. Imagine that story at bub's 21st - 'it was on the long haul to London all those years ago when it all began'...... Good luck whatever you decide!

XMuginsX - congrats on the BFP, wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Emmylou - Welcome. I'm sure you'll find lots of support in here. I hope you get a BFP soon.

LJ - Here's hoping that the easter bunny will bring you a BFP!

pbstar - am sure you'll be all relaxed without the temping and other crap. Hope you end up with a BFP and relaxed uneventful (other than all the happy fuzzy moments) pregnancy to go with it.

Bettyboop - how you doing?

Hiya everyone else - have a lovely Easter (if you celebrate it). Have some catching up with family and friends planned so am looking forward to that. Am actually excited about our friends coming with their 12wk old now, was nervous at first (worried I'd get upset) but now I'm excited so I hope that mood sticks. Af came in full swing this morn so am now on cd1. Starting clomid tomorrow.....nervous but hoping that am doing this for the best.
    and Easter Eggs for everyone.

Natty Guest

Hi Everyone

Firstly Happy Easter - may the Easter Bunny bring all of us no calorie, no fat delicious easter eggs and BFPs!

Tina - its hard to BD when you feel flat. You just need to remember that first and foremost you BD to have fun and because you love your DH. Last week I bought an 'outfit' for DH and we had the best laugh ever. It was so funny - not the sexy image depicted on the packaging at all but the endorphins from laughing put us both in such a good, happy loving mood that one thing lead to another....Or maybe dont put any expectations on yourselves. Just cuddle and kiss and if one thing leads to another then good, but if not then at least you are relaxed and feel good about each other. :hugs:

LF - sounds like implantation

Canary - I am with you on being anxious the TWW. Trying to fill up the day as much as possible at work and then focussing on DD and DH at home works for me....

Angelbabies - thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us - what a wonderful perspective!

Emmy-Lou - So sorry for your loss but welcome. Hoping for a BFP for you soon.

Magda Guest

Default Back again

Hi Ladies,

I am back, I am sorry if my previous attempt to post went through.

I have missed so much as usual, I am sorry.

Rebecca and Xmuginsx: Congratulations to you both. More that's what I love to hear.

Canary: Thank you for the advice on your lst post regarding the short Luteal Phase, I was pretty bumbed to hear that. But this month I seem to have O'd on cd12 and am now 6dpo, so I am hoping and

Tina: I hope you were able to DTD.

Angel Babies: I hope you are having an awesome vacation and that you are relaxing alot.

And a Big hello to all of our new mommies to be. Hope you guys are feeling wonderful, I know that this period is rough but nonetheless I am sending you guys good and happy

Hello to everyone else that I missed and to the new comers.

Default Easter is here!!

Hi Girls,
    Oooh, I have so much to say. Where to start?

Well firstly, thank you Tempus, Jodsan, Katie, AngelB, Pash and Natty for your advice. I have decided to follow all of it! Tempus, it is really funny that you mention a relaxation CD, because I used to have a casette of calming music that I used to listen to when revising for exams and getting stressed etc. I lost that casette and could not find a replacement anywhere.. until I remembered the name of it and found it on the internet this week! It arrived in the post yesterday!
    Jodsan, I like your ideas. I live in a rented place, so cant really paint the walls, but I might plant something in the tiny conservatory at the back of the house. I wonder whether it is too early for tomatoes??
    AngelB, thank you so much for posting when you are on your hols. It's good advice, I am just going to focus on living for the moment and not thinking about how many DPO I am, or when I can POAS!
    Pash, sorry, but cant really take time off work to come and decorate your place (would love to though!) Is the wedding that you are going to in London or Gold Coast?

Tina, sorry about your SIL, but I think that you should give yourself a pat on the back for getting through it. As for how to get into the mood for BD, I agree with Natty- laughter is the best medicine. How about watching a film that makes you laugh so much you wet yourself!!?? I have recently watched Blades of Glory (wilth Will Ferrel) and laughed myself silly. I also laughed at 'hot fuz' , but that is a british film and I am not sure whether the jokes would be as funny from an Oz perspective. I can also recommend Billy Connoly, he has been on the TV tonight making me laugh! Good luck.

Hi to Fiona and EmmyLou. I am sorry that you have needed to come here, but you are very welcome and I hope you have a short stay.

LJ: I agree with the others, sounds like implantation. Wearing my sensible hat though, if you aren't preggers this month, it might be worth getting checked out by a doc because there can occasionally be a cause for spotting between periods. I really hope that AF doesnt come!

XMuginsx: Many congratulations! That is excellent news

Pbstar.:hugs: Sorry for how you have been feeling, it is nice to have you back.

Magda- Hello again, I hope you are feeing good. It's nice to have you back.

Happy Easter everyone! I have a whole 4 days off work - woo hoo!! DH and I go on our trip on sat for 2 nights of Be good everyone, I'll see you when I get back

Default Happy Easter!!

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your Easter break so far. DH has to work both today and Monday (he's in hospitality) so it's no fun today!

Well, supposedly 5dpo (although I suspect I may have O'd a day or two earlier) and the symptoms are already quite promising: sore boobs since 2dpo, soft cervix, creamy CM (sorry TMI), ridiculous fatigue (I went to bed at 8.30pm last night), very mellow and sleepy (so progesterone levels are definately up), dizzy, lots of pulling sensations and cramping just above pubic bone. for a really sticky implantation sometime in the next few days.

Canary - unfortunately I have no advice on tomato plantation, I've never planted anything in my life, it just sounds like a good idea LOL. Yeah, we're in a rented place too, wish I could paint a feature wall or something. Have a really fantastic and relaxing trip!!

Magda - Big hello, good luck in the TWW, got my fingers crossed for you, sending you some

Natty - I was of the understanding that the whole easter break is a reprieve from calories so I can eat the full fat ones! At least that is what I'm convincing myself. Hope you have a really great easter!

AJC - Sounds like a really great weekend planned, hoping the rubs off on you!! Gotta say, I'm a big proponent of the low GI too, I start to get sick if I eat too many carbs, dont think my body digests them well. Feel best when I just stick to protein and get all the carbs I need from vegis and fruit (and the odd bit of chocolate of course!).

Mel A - Really sorry for your loss. Good luck with TTC, sending you lots of

Fiona - Welcome, sorry for your loss. As I mentioned to AJ above, big fan of Low GI. I have read some articles which suggest that according to our digestive tracts, we were never meant to eat grains, that's why so many of us are gluten intolerant. Good luck with the diet, keep us informed on how you feel over the next few weeks!

LizJessie - Still sounding really promising, the pink streaks is apparently somethng to do with your cervical plug and brown spotting is apparently just clearing out a bit of old blood. The fact that you dont even have to wear a pad is good. It sounds like exactly what I had with Aiden, started out pink, then brown, but really light for a few days. I always think it is a great sign when you get the implantation bleed, it makes me think that it is a good strong implantation. Fingers crossed!

Bettyboop - You haven't told us how you are going? Are you TTC this cycle?

Pash - the mile high club sounds like fun, and it would be such a great 21st story. Hey if Ralph Fiennes can do it so can you Good luck catching the eggy this month!

xmuginsx - Congratulations!!! Sometimes in here we get a little bit down and dainted by the TTC journey so its great to get some good news, gives us hope that we might be there soon too. Sending you heaps of

pbstar - Good to see you back again, but it does sound like you needed to take a break to resolve your feelings. Sometimes I think we try to trick ourselves that getting pregnant again will make us feel better, but I think we will always miss our little angels that weren't to be. I still cry too sometimes, maybe I always will. Big hug sweetie Good luck this cycle!

EmmyLou - Welcome, look forward to sharing the TTC journey with you. Good luck!

This is as far back as I can go, sorry if I have missed anyone. Big hello and happy easter to all!

fiona264 Guest

AJC Hi to you too. I have just started on the Low GI diet and it works for me. I only have to look at bread or any type of carb and put on weight. The only trouble is, when I do cut down on it, I get extreme headaches and moody, like I am going into withdrawal. I can't give up coffee, so I started drinking decaf coffee. Honestly, I can't tell the difference, but I got headaches for a week. ::

I am carrying a bit too much weight to be confident to conceive again, but I am totally running out of time. Maybe this Low GI diet might pick up my spirits. Thanks so much for your reply. I hope to continue talking to you.

Jodsan I will let you know how I go. Its just frustrating you know. But on the other hand, a hassle free pregnancy is a dream and I guess its just our bodies telling us to settle down and let it come naturally......if all else fails, theres always IVF LOL.

It has been 150 days since my D&cC still no AF , doc is very sure that i have ashermans , i have my opp on 31march and then we will find out if we can have children , i am so scared, i just need to know, has been so hard not having a AF after the miscarrage i just felt like that would be the end and then we could move on and start again.fingers crossed they can fix it. so i have not been on so much on here , trying not to think to much about TTC and at my age it is so hard.

LJ wow looking great when will you test.

fiona264 Guest

Bettyboop I know exactly how you feel about time running out. My DH keeps reminding me that I am not too old (bless him).

Don't know what that asherman's thing is. I will have to look it up or maybe you could tell me and what the symptoms are. Just curious.

I wish you all the luck in the world

Hey Bettyboop - Got my fingers crossed that your operation goes well and that the adhesions are not too bad (I know the basics of Ashermans, adhesions on the uterine lining caused by the D&C). In many cases it can be fixed but its gotta be really scary. Big hug, keeping you in my thoughts.

Betty an Fiona - As far as the age thing goes, my old boss conceived her daughter at 46, so it's still possible!! And what about Madonna and Nichole Kidman (41)!?!

Hi everyone - so sorry to not have posted for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 and 1/2 days!!!
    Just wanted u to know that I am lurking and reading ur posts (as always!!) and I will be back to do personals tomoro morning - I have a sick little boy on my hands

Time for a new thread again. Here you go

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678