Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ NOV/DEC 07

In depends on what pathology services are available, if they provide results on weekends for example. Maybe ring your GP and ask, then you'll know whether it will matter if you go this morning or on the weekend, as you still might have to wait til Monday for the results. Try not to freak out, take nice deep breaths and call your GP as soon as they open to ask *hugs*

Morning girls!!

Firstly:

kaib - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL NEWS - its not easy to relax
    & enjoy this wonderful moment in your life until you get that reassurance (you know
    that all of us here totally understand and are here every step of the way)
    I have been delving into "natural fertility" (temping, checking CM etc )
    & I have been advised to check not only HCG levels on your blood test
    when pregnant but also ask for progesterone levels to be tested (this
    is not often standard) - the clinic i see say progesterone levels are
    important and should be monitored in the first part of pregnancy
    - I hope that helps and does not add to any worries.
    You have the best christmas present my girl - all the very best xo

katiegirls - I am very sad to hear your news - what a difficult time for you and
    your DH - words feel a bit inadequate at moments like these -
    we are here to chat anytime - xo Anna

Hello to everyone else !!

I have been (like all of us) flat out with work before we close for xmas and generally preparing for the big day with family. As you know my sister had
    her baby last Friday and everything is going great - she is lovely.
    Yesterday spoke to some close friends and they announced they are pregnant with their 3rd baby (only 6 weeks at the moment eeeeeeeeeKKK people are so naive thinking that mc wont happen to them !!! )
    This couple has a 2 year old a 11 month old and this one will be due in August!!
    This is a couple that told us years ago they would have difficulties having children because she has PCOS and he has a dodgy sperm count - YEAH RIGHT!!!
    HAPPY FOR THEM BUT AGAIN SICK OF HEARING ABOUT ANY ONE ELSE OUTSIDE OF BB HAVING A BABY - I AM CRAZY!!!

Finally - I am going to post this question on the general forum - but just wondering with pregnancy symptoms how early did you notice them - in particular breast changes - I am about 5 to 7 days past ovulation and my breast are tender and i think they are certainly fuller than usual.
    last time i was pregnant i was a bit oblivious to symptoms but did remember my boobs feeling different - maybe my imagination but just wanted to know what you girls experienced!!

Have a grat day for all those who are finishing up work for xmas today

AnnaBelle
    xx

p.s I forgot to say my friends (DH's friends really HA!!) had the gall to ask if I was pregnant too - well duh!!
    I think i would let you know!! How rude of people to ask - we have not said we are even trying to anyone at the moment and we have not even told anyone (except parents and sister) about the m/c!!
    UUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH...smug people are driving me crazy!!! - Vent over!!
    Last edited by AnnaBelle; December 22nd, 2007 at 08:50 AM.

zionsmom Guest

I didn't know I was pregnant at the time but when I was 3 weeks pregnant I felt tender bbs, tiredness, light cramping and I had a yeast infection. They say that in early or late preg. the sugars in our body or something can make us more prone to that kind of infection. I had never had one before but boy that was quite the sign. Thats how my mom found out she was preg. with me!

MissBel & Annabelle - thanks so much for your reassurance this morning. I read your posts before I went to GP, but haven't had chance to post until now. GP has requested BT - HCG, prog levels, along with a few others e.g. antibodies. Unfortunately test results won't be in until later next week (thurs/fri) but not a lot I could do about that even though I conveyed my anxieties to the GP. So will just have to wait & see. I did another HPT this afternoon when I got home, and test line is much darker than control line, and much darker than 2 days ago, so that's promising. Thanks again.

Annabelle - with respect to your question about early pg symptoms, my early symptoms (from around 7-8 DPO) this month were - breast tenderness (at sides, near armpits), extremely sore nipples (sorry if TMI), creamy CM (although not a lot; only noticed this when checking cervix position), on/off nausea, "bloodish" taste in mouth, on/off sore throat, heartburn after a 'meat' meal. The sore throat & "bloodish" taste in mouth were what I also got when I had chem pg in October. I have no recollection of symptoms from my first pg as I wasn't charting then - all I remember was at 14DPO I had terrible metallic taste in mouth and was extremely nauseus & dizzy. Have fair amount of bloating as well, but I also get this around AF time so this isn't a reliable sign for me. If you were to 'google' the words "TWW", you would come across a site specifically dedicated to "TWW" symptoms - I checked mine against those listed on that site every day from about 4 DPO...obsessed I know! I have my fingers crossed for you that you will get your Christmas BFP too!

Hey kaib That is great that you got your BT done - that darker line is such a reassurance for you - wonderful - now enjoy Christmas and look forward to some more good news on Thursday.I am sure you are going to sail through just fine.
    CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN - WELL DONE
    (Thanks for your advice on the TWW I will check it out)

zionsmum -Thank you too for your advice - guess it can go either way and will just have to sit tight. Oh poor thing yeast infection - things we women go through - MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU

Hi everyone busy Christmas shopping I bet - thinking of you all
    AnnaBelle

Annabelle- hows the TWW going what day are you up to , fingers grossed. MY AF has not arrived , is now 8 weeks , look at my chart i think my body i at last doing normal things.can only hope.Hi to everyone else.

Hi everyone, been away from Sydney (and ADSL), visiting relos for a bit.

Hey Lee, your note was so sweet, brought tears to my eyes. I wish you and your family a world of happiness for Christmas, for 2008 and for all the years to come. We didn't go down to Tassie this time cos the in laws came up for Xmas. But we might be heading to Tassie in March, and red wine and cheese is right up my alley! You've been through an awful lot this year too, and I'd love to catch up properly. Wouldn't it be great if we were UTD together in (early) 2008?!

KatieGirl I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the group and I hope you leave healed and happy and PG when your time comes.

Annabelle I had sore BBs pretty early each time, and a sort of deep down feeling of knowing I was pg. So your symptoms sound pretty good. for a BFP for you!

BettyBoop Glad your chart is looking better. I hope AF comes your way soon. How frustrating.

Kaib I'm sure your bub is cooking fine. I'm not sure for how long the temp stays raised when PG and whether that is a good indicator of how bub's doing. Hope you get your test results soon and that they are reassuring. And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My HCG went down to 3 yesterday (found out today), so that is 'normal' according to doc. I'm not counting 6 months from today, but from the start of Dec. And if my HCG doesn't go back up, I'm not waiting 6 whole months to ttc. More like 3.

Also AF came yesterday, so I'm emotional when I should be happy.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Hello there,

bettyboop - your chart looks like AF may be on her way that is a good temp drop there so my goodness girl lets hope it is on her way (maybe Sun or Monday if they stay low or drop more )- are you getting any pre menstrual symptoms??? You have been very calm and patient I must say so be proud of yourself for that my dear girl Let us know how you go tomorrow.

hi pash - i hope too that you can get back on track to TTC sooner than you first thought - that would be so great

Boob Update they are not so tender and full tonight - i think i notice it more in the mornings - maybe i have convinced myself i am imagining things - who knows but will keep you posted I am on cd19 (about 7 dpo approx)

Good night all

Anna
    Last edited by AnnaBelle; December 23rd, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

annabelle wow my chart now says i am 7dpo to, my chart took a big dip and a even bigger rise, what do you think, fingers crossed for all

AnnaBelle - you say u are delving into Natural Fertility! so am i - are you seeing the natural fertility clinic at the Mater by anychance?

hj1981 - yes I am - finding it very helpful and empowering - it is great to have a sounding board on your cycles - are you going there too??

I am having no probs with the temps - interpreting CM is a big challenge which i hope to get better at.

bettyboop - I am not really sure what to think now your temp has gone up - 2 questions -have you done a HPT and can you tell me how you knew you ovulated?
    I am only on my P Plates when it comes to interpreting cycles so forgive me if i have asked some dumb questions x Anna

just wanted to wish you all a very merry christmas.... my computer is down so i cant log on very much...but hope you all have a good one.

hugs to all
    Michelle

i have not tested , when u o it jumps up a few and stays up for 3 days.

AnnaBelle - i havent been going there for long only had 2 appts so far - but they have been soooo nice and helpful! trying to find a cause for all my Miscarriages! i dont like the temping thing - finding that hard cause i have to do it at different times each day cause im a shift worker! i hope that dosent matter - my temp is going down - does that mean im nearing O? so far havent had any CM - so im finding it hard - what do u think of the new doctor? were u going there when they had the old doctor?

Hey hj1981 - I have only seen them once - I have not seen the dr only the midwife /nurses that run the clinic - speak with them on the phone quite often for advice on my chart which is great -i havent done any investigations just trying to track my cycle to give me the optimum chance each month IYKWIM

Did you get their booklets on charting - from what i understand when you see that fist temp rise of a couple of points you should try to bd asap that morning if possible - sometimes people get a dip in temp around when ovulation occurs
    and after you get a rise in temp and it stays high for at least 3 days after you can say you have ovulated - that is what i understand so temping tells you after the fact when you have ovulated so combingin with cm signs is a help to predicting although we can never exactly pinpoint it just guess the window of obulation = that is what i understand from their advice - goodluck
    hi bettyboop - thinking of you too

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ALL THE BEST FOR THE XMAS BREAK

XX ANNABELLE
    Last edited by AnnaBelle; December 25th, 2007 at 08:20 AM.

Merry Christmas everyone - hopefully next Christmas we'll all be holding a newborn baby in our arms.

xxxx

Just wanted to wish everyone a lovely Christmas day today - hope you were all very good and got spoilt by Santa!
    LSB xxx

merry christmas to you all.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast