Thread: Confusion

mandyr Guest

Default Confusion

Hi everyone. I have only posted here a few times, and that was at the end of April. I lost my baby at 17 weeks, delivered at 18 weeks after being induced. I had testing done and was told that the chances of miscarring again were slim, and I could start trying as soon as I got my AF.
    I started my AF 6 weeks and 1 day after delivery. It was normal for me, no problems, or anything out of the ordinary. So, I started using the OPK. Last Wednesday, one test was positive (I have been taking 2 a day), but the other one was not. So I continued to take them. Today, one test (the other one than had been positive before) was positive, and the other negative. I am so confused! Did I already ovulate, or am I about to??? The problem is that I cannot try right now. I have a colposcopy scheduled for tomorrow, but I don't want to miss out on my chances this month. We will not try next month, the baby would be due near the date of my MC, and emotionally, I am not sure if I could handle that
    The other thing that I am struggling with is if I am going to change caregivers. I have a wonderful midwife, but there is still that doubt in my mind that if I would have been seeing a dr this wouldn't have happened. I don't know if I want the same caregiver, or a different one. I am not sure what would be better emotionally. I know everyone is different, but I am just not sure what I want to do. My DH keeps telling me its my choice, but I really need more input.
    Thanks for listening, and good luck to everyone

Hi Mandyr
    I am so sorry for the loss of your precious baby.
    I know what you mean about not wanting to try next month, I was exactly the same after losing Noah... my DH and I tried the month earlier and nothing, then DTD once the next month and bammo, I fell pregnant with Harrison, in the cycle I didn't want to fall on. Knowing I would have him close to the date that Noah was born on terrified me... I hated the month of February because I found out about Noah being ill, and gave birth to him in February... so I felt it was cursed for us. Now, we have a reason to celebrate February because we have a healthy little Feb baby.
    In regards to your caregivers, honey you can decide on what is best for you during your pregnancy. I am not sure if you go through an Ob or just though the midwives at the hospital. After losing Noah, I got a lot more care than I received through my pregnancy with Noah... as soon as I got my BFP I called the clinic and booked in (as requested by a midwife) and I started going there from 4 weeks. I also kept visiting my GP throughout my pregnancy... but I found that I got all the care I needed from the midwives, I think it was because of losing Noah, they wanted me to feel more reassured that I was being looked after. I'd suggest going through shared care if you're concerned... or perhaps calling the midwives and having a chat with them and voicing your concerns.
    Sorry I can't help you with your OPK question... I have no idea about those because I only ever got really faint lines or nothing when I did them.
    Welcome to Bellybelly
    Lisa