Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth or Loss after the first trimester

Mel, I just saw your ticker Big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: mate.

Lv Spring

Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month!!!

GOT ME

LOL is that an April Fool's joke? Its after 12 now so you have to take it away

Spring, yes my ticker does say it is CD1 and it is correct in terms of dates... but still waiting for AF to show - I still have a glimmer of hope that she wont but I know it is too good to be true and I remember last cycle she arrived in the evening so it will probably be the same this time. I dont have any AF symptoms this month though, which I wont complain about. Although I have a shocking headache today that actually started on our way home last night

Well Mersyndol time for me

Good luck in the kids section. If you change your mind on that, you could always go to the bookstore and get books instead of a voucher. Every kid I know that age loves books as long as they have lots of colour and even different textures (you know the ones that have foil and stuff over them) or sounds. And if you go for something like Wiggles or whatever all kids love that. My youngest step-daughter got one last year and she absolutely loved it. The other things she loved were those books that have the buttons on the side that you push for sound effects and you can get them with Sesame Street characters on them. My nephew had an Elmo one and she loved it so much.

Hi ladies

I just want to say after reading your posts that you are all truly brave and remarkable people. I know you all know that (truthfully) but just reading your stories is just heartbreaking. It is not fair is it. It is hard to be positive when things aren't going our way but what else can we do - we MUST stay positive no matter how hard it is.

Again i am sorry to you all for losing your precious angels.

Bailey - your Hen's day today - wow - where did you go and how was it ?

Spring - Congrats on being preggers - what a wonderful time for you and it is very exciting for us all. It will give me strength and more positive vibes to know that it can happen. I know it can it just takes time....

Lynn - sorry to hear about your tests but stay positive for this week. I know what it is like to have your body all over the place - why does this happen (is it just our hormones playing up or what) - very strange ???

Mel - Sorry to hear you have been trying for 7 months - i know it feels like it is going on forever but i know you will get there soon ... With this levovist test, if the tubes are "blocked" would they do a curette to unblock ? My sister had a test (not sure if it was this particular test) to see if tubes were blocked and they cleaned it out by curette i believe - and that was what she needed to fall again. With people making insensitive comments (or not saying anything at all) - i think they just don't know what to say to be honest. A week after we lost our son a friend of a friend came up to me and said "the hospital didn't do you any favours did they !" I nearly burst out crying as i was not blaming the hospital (well it hadn't crossed my mind at that stage)...other people have said "well she can just have another"..."yeh right - not as easy as that and the one we lost will not been forgotten you know (it is not about replacing) !!!"

People can make us very frustrated and hurt us but i try (although hard) to think that they do not know what it is like to lose a baby. My closest friends couldn't even ring me as they didn't know what to say. With one of them i ended up ringing her on day 2 and it took her ages to pick up her phone, knowing it was me. I said "girls - we are friends and we can talk about this and anything - if anything like this (or another tragedy) happens again to anyone i want all of us to pick up the phone to comfort those in need". I think we have to educate those that don't know what it is like, exactly what it is like. I do still get p***ed off when i see a person and they don't say anything (and never have) and i dont' get the opportunity to say anything.

Now can anyone offer any advice or experiences on this ? In Feb i got my first period since the birth and within 5 weeks i had 3 normal periods ..NOT! Rang the ob and he said not normal but it should settle....great....now i am on day 30 and no AF. I am usually on a 28 day cycle (when my body is normal) and am not used to this. I have had pains (abdominal, back etc) all throughout the 30 days (not consistent) so i feel that my period is coming but nothing. I did a HPT last week but BPN. Any suggestions ? I can't believe i am saying this but i actually want a period to come (well if i was pg that would be better) as i think i am going the other way and will have a period at day 60 or 600 !!!

Anyway - better go and talk soon. Big hugs to you all.

Tommysmum: hey there sweetie, I hope we can help provide you with some comfort and support now that you are part of our gang. About the AF issue, I am not sure why it is happening, but it isn't unusual to be a bit out of whack for a few months. If you are having continual back/ abdominal pain for 30 days, it might be worth making an appointment with your ob or GP. Just to make sure you don't have any infections etc. I am sure it is all ok but it is worth checking. However, if you are usually on a 28 day cycle, it might be that you are UTD. You said that you did a HPT last week, it may have been too early to get a BFP. Perhaps do another one if AF doesn't turn up soon. I hope with all my heart that it is a BFP. Huge coming your way.

Mel: I am not giving up hope for you just yet until AF arrives. I hope she stays the hell away . Not having AF symptoms is a great sign and I get headaches when I am pregnant so I hope more than anything that your next post has some good news. Don't forget, some women don't get a +ive HPT until after AF is due.

Hiya to everyone else, be back later.

Luv Spring

Hi ladies,

Well I am over my abandonment issues I had last night

Mel - Wow, hows that friend's dad's form? It must have been so hard to sit there while he asked those stupid questions. I have found that people either don't say anything, or say stupid things. It sounds like your friends have changed a little about talking about Nicholas. Maybe now that they are expecting, they must be able to understand just a little how you must feel. I think that that baby book is a fantastic idea. Oh, I just love looking at display homes, but it just makes you want each one. How exciting to build your own place! I get an sms every couple of days from DH, he is on a yacht in the middle of the Indian Ocean, so there's hardly any service out there, so he just messages me when they drift into range. They only sail to an island in an emergency (like running out of beer) so he can't get to a land line either. But he is having a great time. I am glad too, he deserves it. He has been so fantastic over the last 5 months, and I think sometimes people forget that the men-folk are grieving too. A few friends were sort of surprised that he had gone off for those two weeks, but I really think he needs time away, not just from dealing with his loss, but also a break from me iykwim. I have been so reliant on him, and he has been so great, he must be just exhausted. Mel, I hope so much that you don't get that AF. When are you going to test again?? Oh, and hoping DH's little swimmers are good!

Lynn - You must be buggered after your night out on the town with those party animals Spring and Lil Spring. Hope you are not too tired That's great that your friends and family are going to the ball. I think I might try and drag hubby along. I will let you know. How are you feeling today anyway?

Spring - Glad you guy's had a good night out. I wish we could have met up today, but we will just have to do it when I get back from holidays. How did you go with buying that birthday present? Soon you will be hanging around in the baby sections buying up big for your lil spring. Do you have any inkling of what you're cooking up in there? You are going to find out at your 19 week scan aren't you? Ooh how exciting!

Tommysmum - Hey, how are you? Went to the Thaspa in the city with the girls I used to work with. it was good. I am not usually that into them, but it was nice. Just wanted to get home to the monster though, cos I have been at work thae last 3 days and I haven't spent much time with him.

Hi too to Flowerchild(who looks a bit like Kelly today ) Dream and Chelle.

Well, I haven't had those weird pains today. I doubt that they are anything to get excited about though. I was tempted to test today, but I am not due for a week, so I thought I wouldn't get a BFP even if I was pg. So, no point really. Thanks for all the positive vibes and baby dust though. Hopefully it will happen next month like it will for Mel and Lynn!

Hi Girls

So sorry I have been MIA, have checked in but someone needs something when ever I get on the computer (DH that is!)

Deb Im sorry that Af arrived I hope it is over soon and you can start on your meds, I also love a plan nothing better, mind you each month comes around and I think boy I wonder if we tried would it have happened......but DH has made a decision that we will be going to Europe in Sept so Im holding off till then. Your OB sounds great, must be so reassuring with her. Will you be having scans reg and for how long? if eggies arent getting there can she do a little more?

Lynn I to had a great dy on Friday Im glad you felt better mind you, I to needed it if you couldnt tell! I dont know why its not happening but you will get that baby, just have a little.....I dont know maybe faith, this is maybe how its all played out as much as its not right. Your dinner date sounded wonderful!

Mel A new house....you know what they say new house new baby, Im still crossing everything for a bfp. The gift idea is a great one, might as well start filling it in asap. Im glad she has started asking you question, di you think you will go to the dinner?

Bailey You poor old married women, home alone, how was your hens day? I hope you didnt drink to much just in case those pains are of implantation!! all xxxxxx how long till you go? are you ready?

Tommymum Im so sorry for your loss, Im glad you have found us here and hope you find some comfort on this road of TTC and healing. Sometimes it takes a while for you cycle to return to normal but as spring said maybe get it checked if things dont go back to normal soon. I wish you the very best.

Spring How is that little bean going? jumping around and driving you mad with happiness!!! Dont feel that you cant give what ever, we all travel this road in our own way and the worse have lost and know the pain of it, you are an inspritation and help me go on TTC so please know that it wonderful to have you around.

OMG BL is on so I might go and try and catch up on me later mind you not that much is going on in my boring life, which Im loving. feeling a little run down tonight like im getting the flu so I might get a bath and bed in. I think maybe all the exercise is not good for me!!! I by the way got my baby fix went next door and played with the twins, got sicked on and then left!!

talk soon, a big hug to you girls Luv Nat xxx

Hey gals, I just came accross this in another section, it's very interesting...
    I hope I can link it properly
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=34189

Hey everyone, hope you are all well.

Another week, another chance, another hope and another dream

Mel - big hugs to you babe. What is with that man!!! Why can't people be a little bit sensitive. I hope you are doing ok, you sound as though you handled the situation very well. I'm very proud of you, you are stronger than you think
    I think the book is a beautiful idea.
    Wow! A new house - how exciting! We built our house 5 years ago and I feel like I need a change.............one day. Did you get any good ideas?
    I know how you feel Mel, it is a frustrating journey, but please don't give up just yet. APRIL WILL BE OUR MONTH! I'm sure of it. Please stay positive and let's help each other through and we will get our BFP

Bailey - sounds like you had a good day yesterday. I hope those pains are implantation pains
    If you decide to go to the ball let me know. If you want to join our table, that would be great! When do you leave on your trip?

Nat - how are you going? How is your dad? I have been thinking about him a lot.

Tommysmum - sorry I think I am the last person to be giving advice on what is a normal cycle! lol. But it is probably just your body getting back into the swing of things. I hope you get your BFP soon, if not then AF so you can start to work on next month asap.

Spring - how did you go at the shops? Did you find something?

Klee - how are you going babe? Have been thinking of you. I hope you are doing 'ok'.

Hi to Chelle and Deb, hope you are both well and anyone else I may have missed.

Well I now have 2 infected ears from the seed that the acupuncturist put there to help me sleep! I don't really think that it has helped me sleep just hurt my poor little ears! So I have taken it out and am trying something else. My big sister (the nice one!) suggested that I buy some fish because this helped her sleep a few years ago when she was having trouble. She said that she used to watch them swimming around for a while and then when she went to bed she used to picture them in her mind and it helped her mind not race but it also relaxed her. So yesterday my sister and I went out and bought a tank and all the other bits and pieces and 2 white goldfish. I have named them Hope and Dream - hoping that they get me to sleep and dream to give me pleasant dreams. And I think it worked last night! Ok, you probably think I am a complete nutcase so send the straight jacket!!! lol

hi everyone,

Lynn - Oh your poor ears. Are you ok? I think the fish is a great idea. We used to have a couple and they are really relaxing to watch aren't they? Thats great they have helped you sleep.

Nat - Doubt very much they were implantation pains I just don't think it's going to happen this time. Not sure if you get the paper, but today there was an article about using those steroids to prevent miscarriage. I remember that you were telling us about it the other week. I have saved it, so let me know if you didn't get it and I can send it to you. It's weird, but that is two articles in a couple of days, one was on stillbirth and one on re-current miscarriage. Both of the women in the stories had gone on to have healthy children. Maybe it's a sign for us I all!

Well, I have no idea what is going on with my body at the moment. I think I may have ovulated today!! just going by CM!! That would make it day 29, and 8 days after we last DTD. So that sucks and rules me out for this month. I can't be sure cos I am no expert on what goes on, it just seems like it. Oh well, I will test in a week, but I have all but given up for this cycle. I will come on later and say hi.

Hey Bailey - is that late for you CD28? Don't give up just yet........the old witch hasn't arrived yet so there is still a chance It is weird how our bodies work isn't it.

I had another BT today and just got the results back hormone levels are still really low. I have no idea what is going on. I am CD25 today so surely my levels would be higher if something was going to happen. I am seeing my FS tomorrow so I am going to bombard him with questions as to WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!

Hello everyone!
    I have been MIA again - I am now the proud "adoptive Auntie" of twin boys born vaginally after about a 40 minute labour. First baby was born 15 minutes after arrival at hospy and the second ten minutes later! All well and gorgeous.
    Yes, it would appear I am still Kelly! They are big boots to fill and I am confused every time I look at it!!!!!!

Bailey: I would really love to read the article you saw. Can you scan or could I email you my address so you could post it??? Would that be okay??? I hope you get your bfp this month my love...

Mel: Have you tested today??? I am thinking of you. I know how tough the end of a cycle is if there has been no positive... I am thinking of you sweet woman.

Nat: So great to see you again!!!! I have missed you a LOT! Tell me your news!
    Yep, if the clomid increase this month doesn't stimulate at least two follies then we will move it up a notch to FSH injections next cycle with a trigger shot. This month I am having a follie u/sound on cd12 and I am guessing another a couple of days later. If the follies are a good size on the second u/s I will have a trigger this month also. It just gives a more concentrated bding time frame! Tell me Nat how much clexane are you on 2500 or 4000?

Chelle: How are things? Are you out there?

Lynn: I posted your crystals today and I really hope you get them before Easter. I am so sorry about your results. I am glad you have an appointment tomorrow. Make sure you write down all of your questions - make the most of the time and pick his brains! I will be waiting to hear tomorrow and popping in and out. I am thinking of you and sending lots of love... :hugs:

Tommysmum: I hope you find the support in here a help and may your journey be short and sweet.

Spring: I can't believe that ticker. I hope that things are going better with the inlaws.
    I am sorry I have been away so much. It's going to settle down now I am sure!

Well, I haven't stopped today, catching up after a busy couple of days. We have booked four days at Coolum Beach for Easter and I CAN"T WAIT! I begin my first 150mg dose of clomid tomorrow (cd5) I that this increase will stimulate "my girls" into some serious action! My last angel died in October but the journey has been going on since this time two years ago. I found I was pregnant just before my Evies first birthday and as you know she just had her third birthday last weekend. I am feeling better though now - I always feel really flat when I know it's another month without being pregnant - it takes a few days to get back up again...
    We just have to keep believing truly believing that there is another baby out there for us. There is!

I will try to pop back later...

Flowerchild - I actually meant to mention at the bottom of my last post that I can send you a copy. I don't have a scanner (and even if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to use it )but email me your address and I will send it on thursday when I am back at work. Oh, can you get my email address from admin? Or I can email it to you??

Evening Girls

Deb Im glad your feeling better, It is so hard when a anniv comes around, try to be good to yourself over the next couple of days. Sounds like a wonderful couple of days comming up for you, Coolum is just so nice and relaxing just what you need to get those ov going. How very incredible being there for two births Ive been so lucky to witness my 4 N&N birth and I still can not get over that emotion, it would be something I could do everday! two at once....amazing!
    Im crossing all that with an increase of clomid you get big fat folllies with eggies, as for my clexcane 4000 once a day but after last visit he said he would increase it, maybe to once in morn and once a night? we will have to see.

Lynn good luck tomorrow, go in there with a written list of questions I find this helps. I have my fingers crossed that you still might O. I will call you tomorrow. As for my dad well scans are being done on wed and thurs so we will know if it has spread Im praying that it hasnt.

Bailey You know that pain could also be your overies producing hormones once pregnant! dont give up hope yet...have you tested? I didnt get the paper but I would love to read the article I will get you my email address or if Lynn wants to give you my address that would also be fine. what paper was it?

Spring is it tomorrow you see little spring?

Mel, chelle tommysmum and anyone else I hope your all doing OK, I will try and pop back in later after I recover my rice!!!! Hay Deb with this Natural killer thing, last night felt like s*%t yet today feeling 100 times better so very weird!

Bailey

I just had four phones calls regards to that newspaper article, and one girlfriend just called in with it so thanks but I have a copy and I think I will be getting a whole lot more!!! Once again thank you so much for thinking of me. Luv nat

No worries,
    When I read it this morning, I thought of you right away cos I remember you telling us about it during our marathon lunch It look so promising, the lady interviewed has had a baby after I think 19 m/c's.

Hey girls, just a quickie from me as I am totally exhausted. Pop in tomorrow to do longer personals.

Off for my scan tomorrow. Might find out if Spring is a pink or blue flavour but I am going to keep it to myself (got to have some surprises)

Mel: hope AF has stayed away. Thinking of you babe.

Bailey: Increased CM is a pregnancy sign. Mine was insane (sorry if TMI) so it doesn't mean that you O'd late. I have everything crossed.

Flowerchild: Coolum is wonderful. One of those beaches that hasn't gone crazy with tourists and skyscrapers yet. I love it there. I hope you have a very relaxing holiday and get a chance to revive.

Lynn: See you in the morning for the scan. But don't forget, you can pull out at anytime. You have no idea how grateful I am that you have offerred to be there. I know how huge that is. Hope your ears are better. Sweet dreams.

Dream: Great to see you back babe. Europe in September sounds devine. Sorry you felt so crappy yesterday but I am glad you are feeling better.

Chelle, Tommy'smum and all you other darlings, hope you are well.

I am off to have a shower then might pop in before bed.

Big love
    Spring.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast