12311 ...

thread: 10wks pg with twins need some advice

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

10wks pg with twins need some advice

This twin thread is very quite I thought I would start a new thread.

This is my second assisted pregnancy I have a 19 month old daughter and now am pg with twins thanks to IVF I had 1 egg put back in and they decided to split so they are more likely to be Identical. Big shock but I had a feeling something was different, I was feeling very very tired, dizzy and abit sickie so early in the pregnancy then we saw 2 babies and 2 Heart beats 1 was 175 and the other was 158 1 was a day behind not sure if that is normal but the nurse said it was ok. I don't know much about twin pregnancies except it is a high risk. As you know I am 10 wks now and my symptoms have almost gone my DH keep saying to me stop stressing haha can't help it I am taking blackmores gold so I think they may have helped. I have my first OB appointment on the 5th of May and am hung out for it so I can hear the little heart beats my OB is on holidays thats why I have to wait so long to see her arrrrrh.
    Does anyone have any good books to recomend and any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

barney Guest

oh wow congrats hun what a wonderful story .
    good luk

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2008
    Eastern Surburbs, Melbourne

No idea with twins, wanted them but never happened.

Just coming on to say congratulations and all the best with your pregnancy.

Sep 2007

Oh, I?m sooooo glad I found you!!! I too am pregnant with twins IVF (9weeks), and been trying to find someone to talk too as I know nothing about a twin pregnancy. I?m not having any of the normal symptoms except tiredness ... but I have a whole lot of weird ones like ... a blocked ear that comes and goes every day, insomnia, and last week broke out in hives!!!!

BellyBelly Member
    Add kawazuki on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Paradise. QLD

What were your HCG levels like at around 6 weeks?

Jul 2007
    Sydney - Inner West

Congrats - what a miracle twins are. And what a journey pg is with twins. i cant compare. You can read about my journey on my blog.
    I found 1st tri hard as was in shock that was really pg but also suffered from really bad morning sickness. It subsided at 16weeks. 2nd tri was great! had more energy, but then all symptoms kicked in like swollen feet / hands (heat didnt help). just rest when you can - so important! Cant believe am in my 3rd tri - this is the hardest part as am feeling huge and uncomfortable - but excited as am counting down now.
    Books i read that liked: Twins Katrina Bowmand and Lisa Ryan and Little House of Contented Twins (although havent finished reading as will be more useful for when they are born as provides tips on routines and feeding etc) by Gina Ford.
    Mon

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Hi Ladies, thanks for the congrats,

Bubwishes Thats great we can do this together my first pregnancy was really good I got next to no symptoms so I think maybe symptoms that I have with this one is all I get I do have abit of insomnia at the moment but I don't know if its because I keep thinking about it. Have you made your appointment with your doctor or OB. Can't wait for my 12 week scan so I can check if they are alright

Kawazuki I only know my levels at 4 weeks they were 896.

Mon I haven't had to much morning sickness acually I feel pretty good now, I wish I did feel something so I know that something is happening I know it still early so it still might come. my bb's do hurt a little. Whaoo that is great you are at 32 weeks I can't imagine that far yet I wil read you journey on your blog can't wait.

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Yay more twin mums!!!

First tri for me, was terrible. I had awful morning sickness, bloatedness, and a lot of trapped wind. I sometimes found my self asleep on the sofa with a cup of tea in my hand, how I didn't spill it I'll have no idea. I'd had two previous miss carries so was paranoid everytime I went to the toilet or had a twinge and questioned everything. When I reached the 2nd tri I breathed a sigh of relief, only to hear about horror stories of other twin mums giving birth 4 months early! It certainly is an emotional roller coaster. You get double hormone levels too, I had a few shouting matches with my poor partner, one in the street!! All down to me over reacting of course. Oh and then there was the finding out of their sex, I cried with joy for weeks after we found out we were expecting girls. As we have a 5 year old boy, so it was just so special to be having girls. But yes as Mon said 2nd tri I had loads of energy and managed to get loads done.
    I am now entering my 3rd tri at over 26 weeks and am starting to lose that energy, feeling very tired by the afternoon and sleeping is a challenge. I look like I should be around 35 weeks, so belly is huuuge! You gals in your early stages keep slapping on the cream to help prevent stretch marks. And above all make sure you get plenty of rest, no over doing it you're carrying precious cargo in that there tums of yours. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi Kezzabird I have read a couple of website which I have now stopped doing because of all the horror stories its starting to freak me out. I have heard that when you are pregnant with twins you are 6 to 8 weeks a head in size of a singelton baby.
    Its nice to have someone to talk to about it, because no one I know has twins so it is hard to talk to people and my DH is great he does listen but I don't know if he really gets it but he is in the same boat I am I guess. I am a stay at home mum so it feels like it is going so slow I keep busy with my daughter with swimming lessons and playgroup but still feels like it is going so slow. Are you working if so when do you think you will finish?

Kawazuki what are your levels?

Bubwishes were your bubs heart rate and is 1 smaller then the other, did you put 2 eggs back in or 1.

BellyBelly Member
    Add kawazuki on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Paradise. QLD

i had 0 at 8dpo then at 24 dpo i was 12356.

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hey Azz

Yes I am a stay at home mum too, my littlun goes to kindy, he's one of the older ones, he just missed out because his birthday falls on 17th Jan. He so needs the stimulation, during the Easter break he drove me mad with all his energy and constant noise! Now he's back into his routine of kindy he has calmed down and is just thriving learning and playing with his little mates at school.

I am not feeling too great today, I don't know if I'm coming down with something, but I woke up with a terrible headache this morning and I keep coming over really feint and dizzy. I'm just taking it easy today, luckily little one is at kindy today, so I can put my feet up and rest.

MBP_Mum Guest

I did IVF and received two wonderful little boys, Then went on to conceive naturally. Just wanted to wish you all the very best and hope your preganancy continues to go well.

Jul 2007
    Sydney - Inner West

Hi Azz,

thanks for popping by and visiting my blog. It does feel like time drags, but i cant believe how fast it has gone now in retrospect.

I had to put a stop to reading things that freak you out. unfortunately with twins risk and complications do increase but best to not worry. And yes re. the size. I have had moments of suffering from belly envy when see people that are a 1wk away from giving birth and I am much bigger. So they way i think - double the stress but double the joy. It will all be so worth it in the end!

BTW they say its normal for one twin to be different in size. My boy is a week bigger than the girl in size. the most important thing is that they are both growing.

Mon

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

MBP thats great you concieved naturally after the twins maybe they balanced everything out, Thanks for your wishes.

Mon Thanks for all the tips and advice I hope you are relaxing with a nice cup of tea. I have the Twin book also but am up t the breast feeding part its so interesting.

Kawazuki those numbers are big

AFM I starting to feel that sickie feeling again and my bbs are hugh and tender I have to wear my maternity bra's already. I received a letter from IVF yesterday they sent me a copy of the letter they sent to my OB and It stated that I have Monochorionic monoamniotic twins which I think means Identical twins shearing the same placenta and amniotic sack, I was hoping that was not the case as I know they have more problems getting tangled and twin twin transfusion I think thats what it is called. Do you think it would be to early to say if they do share the same amniotic sack. Ive heard that some times they can't see the membrane. Ha I think im just cluching at straws. I guess I will have to take each day as they come. Can't wait to see my OB to get more info.

BellyBelly Member
    Add kawazuki on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Paradise. QLD

yeh the more research i do the more my numbers are pointing towards twins :O

friday i will have my answer..

Add ~Serenity~ on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Perth

kawazuki how exciting for you...i always wanted twins but maybe next time ....cant wait to hear how it goes on friday

Apr 2009
    Live permanantly in Haiti. Originally from Lebanon. Visiting Australia for a few months.

Red face

Hi ladies,

Well i am new to bellybelly.com. I am a mother to twin boy and girl. they are 8 months old (on Sunday). I have been reading your concerns about your preganancies and coping with twins and it all sounds so familiar as last year i was in exactly the same position you were in. well let me tell you that having twins is quite an experience. its one of a kind. these are my first kids so i don't know how the exprience will be with another child at home. there so much advice i can give and so many things i could preach about but i won't right now but i am here in case any of you have questions about what happens after the preganancy and the actual work starts!!

Ladies you have been doubly blessed and its going to be ALOT of hard work and sometimes you are going to loose it and fall apart but its the best experience ever and at the end of the day when they are fast asleep in their cots you can look at them and smile and know that you have done a great job....

REST all you can now because its the last time that you will....

take care
    Shereen

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hey Shereen

Welcome, and erm thanks for the warning!!! lol

Just a quick question though did you breast feed your twins?

12311 ...