Thread: did you feel this in a twin preg

Default did you feel this in a twin preg

Hi ladies,

I wanted to ask you a question regarding a twin pregnancy. This is my 8th pregnancy (five living children, two angles in heaven, one on the way) and out of all my pregnancies I have never experienced such an uncomfortableness so early. I have the worst pinching and pulling feeling, I only have to move slightly and I feel I have ripped something in my abdomen area and its on both sides. And I have this weird fullness feeling already, like when you atre around 12 weeks you get that full feeling in your abdomen. And the cramping, I never not once have had cramping with any pregnancy.

We have twins on both sides of the family, and I am over 30 as I am 32 and have had amny subsequent pregnancies, so not sure if it's true that I have a slightly higher risk of twins from all that. So they say, but not sure if its true.

I don't want twins really, we already got enough children, lol, but of course if it was meant to be, then so be it.

Thank you very much in advance,
    soul

paras Guest

Default twins??? lucky you...

Hi Soul,

I am a mother of 4yr old twins and I can tell you, I sure know what its like to feel EVERYTHING when you are carrying multiples! FYI, twins generally come from the maternal side of the family, not the paternal. Given you both have twins in your families though your chances may be higher however this depends on what sort of twins they are. Generally, identical twins are random, whereas fraternal (non-identical) twins are genetic. At least this is what all the research tells us! Good luck with finding out and I hope it all goes well!

Paras

kaptv8 Guest

Oh yes you feel everything! Little lumps and bumps and pinching that you would not have experienced before. I too have large family and the twins were the last of my bunch. If you ever feel like its all wrong dont hesitate to ask your Dr. My little twin was stuck under my rib cage so yes i felt everything! We had a girl and a boy 3lb 13 and 5lb 13. Good luck with it all. It is a pregnancy a liitle hard to enjoy because of the uncomfortable feeling throughout.

kaptv8, thank you for that, the bad pinching and pulling feeling has really died down, it was o bad at 4 and 5 weeks now almost 7weeks it is no where near as bad, but still worse then the other pregnancies. This is our last child too! And oddly enough its the only pregnancy out of our five children that I do "NOT" have bad morning sickness, is't that strange!Well so far anyway!

I will have an ultrasound doe at 8 weeks I am just worrid nothing will show up this early on in my pregnancy!

Smile Twins??

Hi

I have 8 month old twins after 4 single bubs.

I was unaware of twins until 18 weeks. I felt nothing different. I went on to carry them to 40 weeks and birth them naturally one head down one breech. I am a firm believer in remaining positive and thus maximisin health. My other eldest was 6 years 2 months when the twins were born so I was/am pretty busy. Stay positive, you create your reality

kaptv8 Guest

wow Mum2six you were ever so lucky to have such a beautiful pregnancy and birth. Sounds like a busy household!

Mum2six I certianly believe that we can create our own reality, but I certianly didn't create that nurse last year to rip my unborn baby out of me via a hook and have it hanging infront of my husband eyes!

So although I am very scared and worried I have to say that I do not think my natural instincts to worry will create me to lose this pregnancy as well.

I am not meaning to sound rude, not at all, please do not see it as this, but when people say to me, stop worrying and we create our own realities, I can't say I fully agree with that to every thing that happens in our lives. That nurse last year killed our baby and it definatly was not created by me.

Once I am over the 12 week mark, I will relax, but until then there will always be a little doubt in my head that everyhting will go as I plan it to, sometimes nature has its own ideas for me wether I create this baby to stay or not, does that make sense! Sorry most likley sound like I am ramberling!

with the girls i felt everything as well - what made it even harder for me to enjoy my pg as much as i would (trust me i still enjoyed it) was that there is no real safe period for twins according to my ob and once you hit 34w you can breath a little easier - but until then there is still a risk that the unforseen might happen (esp with ID twins)

you're right - nature does have it's own ideas - i will be thinking of you and hope everything turns out the way you want it to.