Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble

tiggy Guest

Default Double Trouble

Ugh!
    I am so sick of hearing 'double trouble' everytime I go out!
    Another one is 'gee, you have your hands full'.

Who else gets this? ( I bet all of you) and have you come up with some witty things to say (or wish you could say) to these 'well meaning' people.

how about double the love/fun/laughter?

How about shut up and mind your business Or is that too harsh.

I have twin nieces and whenever anyone said that we just smiled and said no it's double the love

tiggy Guest

LOL Trish, the grannies might take offence to your first suggestion, although, it's VERY tempting some days!

Tiff, why is it always the grannies ??? LOL.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I get this every time too - I say now double delight
    and when they say handful I say no a heartful ... - say people say it meaning well, some just plain rude - I long to say better full than empty

I think once people stop you - they don't know what else to say or if they are going past they can't resist - now I sometimes ignore them and refuse to make eye contact. I wish we had a stick your tongue out smiley LOL
    Last edited by Baby~amore`; January 3rd, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

You have Trish, just get your eldest DS to do it Soon enough the boys will be able to do it themselves.

tiggy Guest

Trish,
    I like both of those!
    Will have to remember them!

LOL Trish, I guess they forget what it was like, plus they are mosly grey haired and sweet looking so think they can get away with anything!!!!

ETA; When I had Immy and Maddy there were certain days (pensioner pay day) that I didn't go out! LOL

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I had a oldish lady (not pensioner) shout it from across the street I was walking the opposite side , and a few older men too.

One day the double pram was even fully covered by a cot sheet and didn't I wonder how he knew they were twins and not just two children -till I saw the babies had wiggled their little feet out the bottom of sheet.

chriscoop Guest

For me what I find really anoying is when I am in the middle of the shopping centre and in a hurry because I need to change nappies, and someone just stops in front of me and say "are they twins?" or"is it 2 boys or 2 girls". No I just dress one in pink and one in blue today just for the fun of it...

My bubs are double the love and double the hugs and double the kisses

it use to drive me bonkers . I would never make eye contact with anyone and if they asked me if they were twins I would say "no" and just walk off - priceless!!

the other one I hated was "are they natural?" answer: "as natural as two sperm and two eggs can be"
    OR
    "I always wanted twins" - ah no you don't!!
    OR
    "I had my kids 13 months apart so it is just the same as twins" - ah no it isn't!

the list goes on and on. . . .

chriscoop Guest

Odette, you really made me laugh, and yes they are as natural as two sperm and two eggs can be

chriscoop Guest

PS: I wish you luck for your next FET cycle

chriscoop Guest

Angry

Tiggi,

Yesterday, Sarah and Samuel were asleep in the pram at the supermarket. So I put a sheet on the pram for them not to be annoyed by the light or the noise, and this woman, came facing me, and smiling at the sight of my pram. So I smiled politely, and then, what did she do? She tried to pull the sheet to have a look at the babies. I was so annoyed that I told her to let them sleep. She left without saying anything. It's so annoying, my babies are not animal circus

just attach a collection can to the pram and charge them for viewing the side show attraction that they think that they are-lolol

chriscoop Guest

Good idea!!!! I might make a lot of money for them

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by odette View Post
    just attach a collection can to the pram and charge them for viewing the side show attraction that they think that they are-lolol

That's so funny!

motherduck Guest

One of the things that is said to me all the time is "LOOK TWO TWINS " NO S##T

Or when people ask if they are twins and find out yes boy, girl then ask if they are iddentical .... I feel like asking if they know the meaning of iddentical.hehehe would make them feel silly for asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast