Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion - Twins or More #2

Wow what great news for you both, would be super if you both got a vaginal birth. It is getting close too!

Clare at least you know your bubs will be here by xmas, what a special xmas it will be for you all this year.

Best wishes Michelle

How is everything going girls. It is getting so close for both of you Tam and Clare.

Love

Sorry it has been a while, but I have a good excuse.

Last Wednesday I was told to go to hospital. I had swollen ankles, headache and then they found in the hospital, high BP and a very small amount of protein in my blood. So the babies were monitored and I was checked over. Poor DH was 3 hours away so called in mum to come to hospital with me. Finally got to go home but told to quit work there and then, OB's orders. So I have been in and out of work trying to tie up all loose ends. So I am a home body now. Babies are ok and I just have to take it easy until these 2 arrive.

Tam, hope all is ok now and you just put your feet up from now on.

Tam- so glad you are looking after yourself and your bubbas, make the most of the rest while you can and keep cooking those treasures.

Best wishes michelle

Well I had my ultrasound on Monday and found that Twin 1 has turned again and is now back in the breech position. Twin 1 is approximately 2.22kg and Twin 2 is approximately 2.66kg. Both healthy and growing nicely.

I had my check up today and I was hoping I would be told more as to when these two would be arriving but it seems that each time I see someone they give me a different answer. When we first found out I was expecting twins we were told 38 weeks at the most (around Dec 23rd). Last Monday we were told Dec 21st. The stupid woman I saw today said not before Christmas. She actually thinks I should carry the twins to 40 weeks, ****head!!!

She got me to sign consent forms etc for having a c-section as this is more than likely what I will be having but would not book me in. I now have another appointment next Monday with Dr Matthews and hopefully he will book me in for before Christmas (high possibility I will be spending Christmas in hospitals now YAY!!).

Again will fill you all in as I know more.

Tam - oh no, you rest up now. Feet up most of the time etc etc

Well finally another update from me.

Had a twin ante natal class on Wedensday which was very informative, also joined my nearest AMBA club, although it's too far away still for most of the outings etc. Nice to have a chat about the way the pregnancy is going with other mums to be face to face.

Had OB appt today and as everything is going along very well, he is quite happy for me to see him in 6 weeks and to see my local dr/ob in the meantime. It means a lot less travelling for me \/ Atm, we are aiming for a vaginal birth and hoping that everything stays as it is.

*Yvette* Guest

Just sticking my nose in quickly so I'll get the emails again, seem to have got lost with the new thread.

Hi everybody!

Hi Everyone,

I am 14 wks 5 days pregnant with twins and although I post in the Due in June 2006 thread I would like to tell you all of a great book I got yesterday.

Its called "TWINS" and its by Katrina Bowman and Louise Ryan.

It is very detailed and follows these two ladies with their twins right through from conception to preschool.
    It is very humorous as well as being very informative.

Does anyone else have any good twin book. They are pretty rare!!!

Thanks

Love Kel

Clare- not good to be given the run around but hopefully you will be hugging those bubs before xmas morn! Maybe they are wiating for Santa!

Joja- things sound like they are going well, that's terrific.

Best wuishes

Just a quick update. I am booked in for a c-section on Tuesday!!!!! My babies will be here before christmas and hopefully this means I will be home to spend christmas with my new 5 member family!!!

Congratz Clare! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

goodluck and congratulations Clare =D>

Best wishes Clare.

tiggy Guest

Clare,

Goodluck for Tuesday and Congratulations!!!!

*Yvette* Guest

Wow, I’ve got so behind with you guys.

Tam, my birth plan for the twins birth is in the journal on the website. Omg you’re so close now! Fabulous belly you’ve got going there, and the nursery is lovely. So pleased all is going well. 70kg! Boy you’re a skinny little thing, how tall are you? I was 90 something at full bloom, lol. Oh, have just read about the protein, swelling & headache. Hope you’re taking it easy at home now. Just checking your journal now & it looks like things might be getting under way. Hope you can cook them a bit longer. Happy birthday for 21st Dec. If you want to get in touch with me directly for moral support my email addy is in my profile, I’m always here. Just read that the swelling went down, that’s good. Rest rest rest now girl!!

Clare your babies are beautiful! Looking out for your birth story.

Jo, glad to hear all is going well with your pg. A respectable bump you’ve got, & a lovely little boy & gorgeous pussycats too.

Hi Kel, congratulations! My favourite book is Twins by Elizabeth Noble.

Tiff, hope you and your new babies are going well. Just saw the photos on the website, oh, they’re so tiny and beautiful. Off CPAP, that sounds good.

Well I’ve been having a big BB catch up today, so hope to get off to a good start for the new year. Still trying to round up some more twins mums from my local AMBA group.

Not much posting here from the twins mums, but we’re all so very busy. Will have to have a look for posts in other threads to see what you’re all up to.

Asha & Lauren doing fine, but have gone back to having overnight feeds. Typing left handed as I feed now. Everyone's getting grouchy, time to start the bedtime routine. I hate this heat.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I hope there are more new twins mums and 'old' twin mums posting soon - I have a lot of questions and could use some company

Tam has been MIA for 2 days ?

*Yvette* Guest

I'm here Trish!

Wonder how Tam's doing?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast