Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion - Twins or More #2

Default General Discussion - Twins or More #2

Hello mums and dads of multiples

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your twins or more, maybe also describing the hardest part about being a parent to a multiple as well as the best part! Enjoy!

Reply to this post with the below details to be added!

Twin / Multiple Mum Summary

Name:
    Gestation:
    Names & Ages:
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name: Vanita (mumbundlezofjoy)
    Conceived: Identical Twin Girls
    Gestation: 33 Weeks
    Names & Ages: 6 years old (6 mins apart)
    Notes: Monochrionic, bioamniotic, vaginal birth

Name: Justine (Juzzy7)
    Gestation: 32.2 Weeks
    Names & Ages: Haylee & Tianna, 3 years old (10 mins apart)
    Notes: 3 1/2hr labour, vaginal birth, no drugs

Name: Odette
    Conceived: IVF but twins everywhere through both families as well
    Gestation: 31 weeks but DS stopped growing at 29 weeks
    Names & Ages: Ariel (DS) and Immogen (DD)
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) Frateral b/g

Name: Yvette
    Conceived: Identical Twin Girls
    Gestation: 38+2
    Names & Ages: Asha Frances & Lauren Rose, born 24th August 2005
    Notes: Monochorionic, diamniotic. Vaginal birth.

Name: Tiffany (tiggy)
    Conceived: 1st and 2nd sets both conceived after ten cycles of clomid. Was 2 months into a six month break for both.
    Gestation: 35weeks for 1st set, currently pg with 2nd
    Names & Ages: Imogen & Madeline 9yrs & Bean & Sprout (in utero)
    Notes: Emergency caesarian birth, Both sets Fraternal

Name: Jo
    Conceived: Via ICSI IVF
    Gestation:
    Names & Ages:
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) Fraternal

Name: Clare
    Conceived: Naturally with no history of twins on my side (DH's Grandma had four sets)
    Gestation: Currently preg
    Names & Ages:
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) I am prety certain they are fraternal

Name: Fiona (twinmumplus1 on BB)
    Conceived: both sets naturally
    Gestation: 1st set lost one baby at 10 weeks, second set made it till 35 1/2 weeks
    Names & Ages: Gabi is 3, Caleb and Declan are almost 16 months
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) Gabi was a fraternal twin, the boys were identical (monochromic .. classed as monoamniotic at the end .. they tore a small whole in the seperating membrane)

Name: Tam
    Conceived: IVF
    Gestation: Currently 28w 4d
    Names & Ages: Declan & Rylee (Boy and Girl)
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) Fraternal

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name:
    Miky
    Conceived: october 04
    Gestation: 31.4 weeks
    Names & Ages: Cate and Milla 91/2 weeks
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) Fraternal but extremely alike

Here is where we left off...

Could one of you lovely mods please update my details

Thanks

Thanks Jillian

CLare- hope things are ok in the scan, good to know the head dr is looking after you.

Cheers Michelle

Well last Friday I had my ultrasound to check the size of the twins and to check the cords for resistance. Yesterday (Monday) I had a check up to get the results from this scan.

After waiting an hour I was finally seen by Dr Matthews, who went through the results with me. The size difference between the twins has decreased which either means that the last scan was measured incorrectly or that twin 2 has slowed down in growth. The difference is no longer a concern. Twin 1 is estimated at 1.7kg and Twin 2 is estimated at 1.9kg a good weight for both of them. Both cords are working well with the resistance that was found last time correcting itself. Twin 1 is still breech. I did ask if it was possible for the twin to turn around the right way so I can have a natural delivery. Dr Matthews told me it is possible but not to hold my hopes on it happening as they are rapidly running out of room (mind you it doesn't stop them kicking the crap out of me). I also asked roughly when I would be having them and since there is no known 'best time' to deliver twins the latset he likes to deliver twins is 38 weeks so I could still have 6 or so weeks to go. Mind you it is more like ly that that they will decide on their own to come before then.

My blood pressure is 120/70 and my fundal height is 38cm neither of which have changed in the past week. I have another scan on 25th November and my next check up is November 28th. I will update you all again then.

I have added the last ultrasound pics to the website but if you are not wanting to know the sex of the twins do not open the pics to enlarge them as it is written on each pic what they are. The pic of Twin 1 is a profile picture but the whit solid line above the face is the shin bone, the poor thing is completely folded in half. Twin 2 picture is of the foot as their face was not in the right position for a photo. Another belly photo will be up later this week but my 31.5 weeks photo is now up.

Clare that is GREAT news!!! I am glad every thing is progressing so well for you!!!

That is such wonderful news Clare, well done and hope things continue along this way, fingers crossed they come by themselves and naturally too!
    Cheers michelle

My new belly photo is now added

tiggy Guest

Clare,

Just lookked at your site and you look so lovely! You sound tired though and I can completely relate!
    Glad to hear that things are going ok with you. Hang in there!

Hey all, another update

Well I had another u/s yesterday. Rylee's HB was 125 b/p and she weighed 3p8oz. Declan's HB was 150 b/p and he weighs 3p5oz. They are both spot on for their dates and both head down, so still travelling well for a vaginal delivery

Wow Tam, things are going along so well, that's so terrific.

Best wishes michelle

Last Friday I had my most recent ultrasound, to see what the twins are up to. Both twins are now breech, bum down and on a slight diagonal. During the scan it looked like they were kissing. Both cords are working fine. Twin 1 is estimated at 1.8kg (around 4lbs) and Twin 2 is estimated at 2.1kg (around 4.5lbs). Combined that makes them around the same weight Shayla was when she was born. No photo was printed off as it is not too hard to get a decent clear picture of them as they are getting so big and squashed.

Yesterday was my actual check-up. I was hoping to see Dr Matthews as I have had a few issues with my hips over the past week and basically have had enough. I am also getting fluid in my hands and ankles, which is making them both tight and sore. I thought if I saw him I could ask about having them sooner rather than later. Unfortunately he wasn't in and I saw another Ob, well apparently she was one but I thought she was useless and a drip.

She measured my belly which is now 43cm (a 5cm growth in 2 weeks). My blood pressure is 115/65 which is good, barely changed since I first got pregnant. The babies heartbeats are 135 and 140 which is good also. I was told that my swelling is normal but I can't see my ankle bones so I think there is a lot of swelling. My next appointmentv is next Monday so hopefully I will see Dr Matthews and we will start talking arrival dates as it is more than likely I will be having a cesarean now.

My latest belly photo is on the website too

Looking good Clare I hope your regular OB is there next week!

Clare- it is good news that things are well health wise, hope your ob is on next time and you get a date.

Best wishes michelle

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tiff's twins have arrived safely go and see birth announcements

Yesterday I had my latest appointment which was to hopefully find out when I would be booked in for a c-section.

When I was first called in I saw a midwife who was just going to do my b/p etc until one of the Dr was available to see me to talk to me re dates etc. The midwife ended up having to get a portable ultrasound machine as they couldn't find one of the heartbeats. When checking with the ultrasound we found that in the past week the twins have turned and now they are both head down. \/ \/ \/

The Dr has now said that I will be left to go naturally since they are both the right way. The earliest they will contemplate (sp?) inducing me is Dec 21st so I hope that they will arrive before then. Fingers crossed the twins will stay the way they are.

Yay Clare good to hear.

I also have an update: Had OB checkup yesterday morning, weight 70 kg so that is 14 kgs in total so far, measuring 40 weeks so feeling very very big, Rylee's HB 160 and Declan's 150. Still looking at a vaginal delivery. Just waiting now

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast