Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion - Twins or More #2

get some perscription zantac from your OB. Only thing that will fix it. Get on to it ASAP or you could end up burning your osephegus.
    good luck

Thanks Osette, I have a doctors appointment next week I will organise it all then. It will be a huge relief to not have it EVERY time I look at food!

Love Kel

Kel the Zantac worked a treat for me. The day before Iwent ito labour I started getting back ache, that's the only sign that i had. Walking around was hard for me too, but I still worked full time until 2 weeks before I delivered. Declan and Rylee are only now starting to realise that the other is there and smile at each other. It is just the best!!!

Oh Tam that would be so cute! I guess as they get older and they start to recognise each other they will be so gorgeous!!! I just feel that these babies are so low now and that there is a feeling down there that I havent had before IYKWIM??
    I guess what ever will be will be!!

Love Kel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Goodluck with heartburn Kel...not long for you now - have you got a date from your OB ? what kind of birth are you having ?

Tam - how cute - soon they will be little playmates.

Kelly- WTG on the weight loss - well done for you.I now some take quite a while to lose their pregnancy weight gain. How is feeding going ?

Hope you all come back to talk to me - most of the current twin mums have delivered.

I have had wicked backpain the last 2 days - got a pregnancy belt from physio today.IT is a bit firm though and I guess will take some getting used to.

Walking and moving is painful - but better with belt - sitting still is uncomfortable but okay - have to take belt off .I slept okay though last night.

I think some else on BB said you can get Zantac without prescription now :-k - I had some reflux also but getting cough/cold/sore throat -might be contributing to it.

MissKel – I had a c/s at 38weeks 6days and for about 2 weeks before I kept thinking I would go into labour naturally but it didn’t happen. The last week was the hardest, I was so big and uncomfortable and yes many trips to the loo everynight. But we made it to the scheduled c/s.

Re heartburn – I found in the last few weeks drinking a glass of milk before bed helped.

Baby-amore – Feeding is going well. Though my nipples were sore a couple of days ago so I expressed and bottle fed for a day and night and now they are OK again. I think because I did that before my nipples got too bad (eg cracked) it only took 1 days break to help. I find that Adam latches on so strongly (almost feels like he has teeth) and Hayden doesn’t like feeding without a nipple shield.

I went to work to visit today and they were all amazed to see me in my pre-pregnancy jeans – felt so good to get all the compliments. I think the way I lost weight so quickly is that with the twins I don’t get time to eat much

Hi Everyone,

I drink a glass of milk every night before bed but it is barely keeping heartburn/reflux at bay these days. I know its not long until birth and then its all over but at 1am its very hard to stay positive when my head is in the toilet bowl!!!

Tam, I was all set to have a c-section at 37 wks but lately I have been considering a natural delivery as my little girl is head down and has been for some time. I know my doctor isnt so keen but its something I am very interested in. He is away until the 16th of May and I have an appointment on the 17th with him so I will definately be bringing it up with him then.

Kelly, I am getting uncomfortable now, and I feel like there is so much pressure "down there" that something has to give!!! But DH is away working until the 16th of May too so I have to hold on until then!!!

I hope all the twin bubbas are doing well and I hope all the mummies are too!!!

Love Kel

Are any of you still getting morning sickness?

I had it all through my pregnancy including the morning the boys were born.

Kelly,

No I am not getting morning sickness anymore THANK GOD!!! I think that would be the end of me if I was. However I do vomit most nights but at least its only once.
    I cant imagine how yuk you must have felt if you had it the whole way through, poor thing...

Love Kel

*****I just looked at my ticker and realised that I am 34 wks on Monday!!! I am seriously scared! I know that most twin mums here delivered between 36 and 38 wks so that means I could only have 2 weeks to go. NOT TWO MONTHS......TWO WEEKS!! I just made up the porta-cot, (bubs will be in there when they first come home from hospital) put the newborn insert in and made it all cosy. Gee this is really happening*****

It starts to get very exciting now Kel - wow 2-4 weeks to go for you.

I don't have any vomiting *touches wood* atm but a little reflux just started back up.

We almost ordered our Valco twin runabout pram today at Baby expo for $568 ? on special from $699 ? hope this is true special - but they had taken book away - the lady we had spoken to earlier remembered us and is from our nearest Baby store so she will honour the show discount there.

We also a Zoo pillow a version of breast feeding pillow. Very cute cover and reuse for later as sitting up prop or tummy time pillow.

Got a few samples - enough nappies to last 1 baby a day LOL so they say- how many a day do you use Kelly ?

Trish,

I just got the Love N Care twin pram. Cost me all of $300! I am a bit tight!! Hope you get the pram you want. And I am definately going to look for a big B/F pillow asap...

Its so funny, my MIL got me 4 huggies newborn boxes(108 in each) and two bags (54 in each), that makes 540 nappies all up, and basing that on the likelihood that each baby will use approximately 8 nappies a day, they will last me all of 33 days!!! Oh my goodness, how funny is that!!! Lucky she got them bless her!

I am getting very excited now, I just cant believe that I will get to meet them soon. I love them so much already I just want them in my arms. I also find it hard to believe that I am going to meet a new son and daughter. One of each. I'm going to get all emotional now....

Love Kel

Kelly,

just had a look on your website, the boys are so cute in their pram! All snuggled up. Its precious.

Question for all twin mums, do your babies like to be close together? Do they like to cuddle up with eachother or are they independant??

Love Kel

hey all

Kel, my two still have no sense of personal space with each other, and even though they are fraternal and as different as twin can ever be - they think that they are just an extension of each other. Some hospitals have the double tubs so that they can actually sleep together in the hospital. Its definately worth asking if they do.

As for nappies - hmm - when my twins came home from hospital, we were using 2 1/2 boxes of huggies newborns a week!!! We bought a box or two every time they were on special, and that helped heaps - so if you can start stocking up - definately do so. I only ever used huggies and my kids never had any probs with nappy rash etc. and they never let me down.

good luck with your upcoming births. It is scary - its a hell of a rollercoaster. So put your seat belts on - but I wouldn't swap it for quids!
    If you have any questions etc, just fire away - we are each others best resouces.

If any of you are after twins stuff - your local mulitple birth ass. have a list of second hand goods in their monthly magazine. Definately worth checking out. Especially for those big purchases such as prams, cots, etc.

good luck

Odette -thanks what size box @ 2 1/2 were you using 108 (?) :shock: or smaller

Kelly W -your boys are gorgeous - what kind of pram did you get ? I can't remember if you said ?

trish
    yep -the 108 to a box . hence I loved my nappy wrapper. My hubby took on a second night job, one night a week, and we use to call it nappy money work. The sad thing was- that is exactly what that money was used for.

Odette,

2 and a half boxes a week??? Holy Moly! I think I will definately get some more!!!
    I think what you said about the twins being an extension of each other is just so cute!!! Some people have asked me will I separate these babies after birth, I just cant see why I would. They will sleep side by side in the cot for as long as THEY want to and I will never dream of moving them until they tell me they are ready. I cant wait to see the closeness and the way they act together.

I'm off to bed to dream of sweet little twinnies!!

Love Kel

Baby~amore – we are using nappy service for the first 12 weeks and get 120 nappies a week and have used them all each week so far. That includes using them: laying on the nappy change table as well.

I’ve just had them in huggies for the last 24 hours due to happy rash, but as it is clearing up I will put them back in the cloth nappies. Health nurse recommended Paw Paw ointment as a deterent for nappy rash.

I bought the babylove 3 wheeler pram the main reason are the way you alter the back is a lever not zips and buckles. Plus liked the fact it has a foot rest at the front so when they are older they won’t hand feet over sides near the wheel

MissKel – In hospital my boys were in the same cot (I was lucky to get it as they only have 1 twin cot) and they seemed to like being right by each others side and often looked like they were kissing there heads where snuggled close together. When we came home I had them in the same cot for the first 3-4 nights and during the same slowly separated them. I figured that at some time they will need to be separated and though better earlier than later as they might not like it later. They both sleep well (most nights – last night was a shocker) and if one is crying it doesn’t wake the other.

Odette – Not sure where in Melbourne you are but I have heard of a place in Ferntree Gully that you can get packs of 100 nappies (seconds for around $10) not sure how much the firsts are but I might check them out myself.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast