Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion - Twins or More #2

Nappies....yes they are one of the downsides.....atm we are doing both disposables and cloth, it cuts the cost down a little. I figured if I'm only bumming around at home, they might as well go in cloth. We have not had any trouble with nappy rash eithor.

Kel - Once my two were out of the isolettes, they were in a twin crib, very cute. At home they are still in their cradles, they are side by side so they can both see eath other. When they go into cots, I will put them side by side as well. They have just started becoming aware of each other in the past week or so and do the smiling and tongue sticky out game.

My bubs are now 13wks 3 days, i can't believe how the time has gone, just shows how busy you get.

going on from the twins being aware of each other . . .

When my two were born, they were seaparated at different hospitals as my son had to go to an ICU bed but my daughter stayed in special care. The whole time they were separated, they were unsettled and moved around heaps. On day 5 they finally transferred my son back to the same hospital as my daughter. Just before he got back, she was crying and I couldn't comfort her. As soon as they put their isolettes next to each other, they both calmed straight down and from then on, they slept so much more calmer.

It was so noticeable, that it was commented on by the nurses and their paed.

The twin bond at work is an awesome thing, and when you do get get to see a 'twinny moment', then you know that life ain't much better.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I wondered about it because they don't know any different being cooped up in the womb together for 9 months there must be a real bond.

WE are planning on sleeping them together initially anyway.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi to all Twin Mummys and twin Mummys to be.
    I am 35 weeks on Monday and am getting very excited that the birth of these bubs is so close. I cant wait. I had a coffee with a Mum of 16 m/o B/G twins on Thursday. She was very informative and gave me some great hints/ideas on what to expect with these two.

I hope everyone is well and so are all the bubs.

Love Kel

Yah - 2 weeks to go is it ?
    I'll need some more twin preggie mums to talk to though - where are they all ?

yes Kel - it is great to have a friend in the twin know ... that is what BB is great for too

I hope 66 days or so .... @37wks

Another good source of info and support is your local twin club, it's well worth the subscription fee. Unfortantly I am just too far away from our nearest one for the coffee mornings and playgroup but we hope to go to a couple of their weekend events in the near future.

Kel - Hope you are keeping well, fingers crossed that you get another couple of weeks under your belt.

Another good source of info and support is your local twin club, it's well worth the subscription fee. Unfortantly I am just too far away from our nearest one for the coffee mornings and playgroup but we hope to go to a couple of their weekend events in the near future.

Kel - Hope you are keeping well, fingers crossed that you get another couple of weeks under your belt.

Good Luck Kel, hope all is goig well

Melody Guest

Hi Guys, I just wanted to say that my DH is a twin & I am always on the lookout for twin related info & stuff. I am nearly finished a book "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb & it is one of the most intense, interesting & beautifully written books ever. The main characters are identical twins, one of which is schitsophrenic (sp?) sounds weird i know but it is amazingly written with compassion & insight. It has shed a whole new light on thetwin thing' I am guessing no-one here has loads of disposable time but this book will forever be in my top 5 books ever read (& I am a prolific reader)

Anyway..... have a nice day

Hi all,

Melody, thanks for the recommending that book. i love to read and so does my mum. i will look for it for sure.

Joja, I am feeling well. Starting to get a bit tired at night and my tummy is starting to hurt a bit. mainly aroud the belly button area. Not too bad though.

Trish, 66 days isnt that long!!! It really flies by in the last few weeks. I just cant believe I am 35 wks tomorrow... I have a doctors appointment on the 17th May and will try to book in a day then. I would like to have them on the Friday morning or even on the Monday when I will be exactly 37 wks. Dont know. But of course i will let you know..

Tam, all is well. I am still going strong. Hopefully for another 2 weeks then I am happy to become an official Twin Mum!!

I had a terrible dream last night that they couldnt find the heartbeats at the appointment. I woke up crying and it was so awful. I am so anxious now. I just want them out. They are kicking me non stop today so that is encouraging...

Have a great day everyone
    Love Kel
    Last edited by Misskel; May 7th, 2006 at 03:37 PM.

Kel - those are terrifying dreams -glad bubs are kicking you well today.Hang tight.

Hi Tam ... - what size clothes were Declan & Rylee in when they came home

Trish, Declan and Rylee started off in 00000 however even some of those were too big. They finally got into 0000 by about 2 months and 000 only 2 weeks ago.

We actually had or 4 month checkup today and Decan is 13lb 1 and Rylee 12lb 1, so we are going ok. Both are still in the 25th percentile but we are happy.

Tam - what size were they when they were born ?

Hey Trish. Declan was 5lb 11 and Rylee 5lb 8. Good sizes for twins at 36 weeks

Hope everyone is well. My boys are now 5 weeks old. Not getting a lot of sleep, but thats to be expected. Can't wait for them to drop a feed. Have my 4 week check up (couldn't get in last week) tomorrow with ob.

I;m getting out walking a fair bit since I still not allowed to drive - which has probably helped as I am now a couple of kgs below my pre pregnancy weight

Yay Kelly, thats great. Unfortantly I'm one of these people that actually put weight on while b/f, I keep telling myself that as soon as our feeds have settled down a little, I will rejoin the gym.

Ohhh isn't it sso sad when you have to box up the little clothes, I boxed up all of our 00000 and some 0000 the other day, it was pretty sad as we most probably will not be using them again but I will keep them for a little while just-in-case.

Hi All,

35 wks and 3 days now!!! I have had intense braxton hicks and some pain "down there" so I think my body will be putting up the "GET OUT NOW" sign very soon! I can feel my body changing IYKWIM??

Yay Kelly on losing so much weight! I cant believe your boys are 5wks old!!!

Tam, I hope my bubs are around what Declan and Rylee were at birth. Still small but a good size to be able to manage. Although DH has expressed concerns that his big hands will "hurt" them!!

GoTTa Go
    Love Kel

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast